Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, what did you do to that map Katmint? A very white colormap I assume?

Seeing as I'm here, I might as well say that I have some things I'm working on for the contest. I'm not gonna post pictures of one of them, though, because it's a bit of a surprise.

If you weren't on IRC when I announced it, I am also going to enter the next contest coming up for the single player division. Also, I guess I can give out little candies from my next entry, Clockwork Grove Zone ... ;)

f008k0.png
f009k0.png

Custom Badniks I've already added to my half finished map: Green, takes a little moment to attack, and is more mindless than the other. Red, is the one that'll keep attacking; only one second to anticipate springing towards you.

For some reason when I got deeper into mapping, I started having this crave to play Zelda, and thought, "I think I want to add a little bit of Zelda in this map" which includes the Chuchu jellies, and a few geographical features from the game...which you'll have to see once the next contest begins.

Those who have played Zelda WindWaker/Hourglass/etc. know where I have gotten inspiration to draw these from... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwM3U1Hyxs

And btw, just to get this off my chest, I have forgotten to mention this in the last contest. Twilight Isles Zone was intended to be act 1, but due to the fact, for some reason, I made Clockwork Grove Zone's beginning starts right where Twilight Isles left off, what you've actually played was act 2 of the zone when knowing there isn't actually an act 1 yet. It's organized for the levelpack im releasing in the future.

Small update on my level showing some new things being done. :D

New name, the old one didn't fit as well as this new one does.
srb20062.png

Now then, this level name comes from all the chemicals in the factory. It has the well known Nitric (green), and the Slime (Purple) chemicals. But it also has 2 of my own chemicals!:

Battery Acid
Color: Bright yellow
srb20061.png

This chemical is the most deadly of the two new chemicals, while it starts out taking only 5 rings and stunning the player while he is it it. If you get in to deep though, your countdown will instantly start. And if you get even farther in, you are dead instantly.

Stupid Unnamed Blue Substance(aka, S.U.B.S)
Color: Cyan
srb20078.png

This chemical is more mild then the Battery Acid, it only drains your rings while you are in it, but it also instantly starts your countdown, so make sure you get out of it quickly!

Last edited:
@Thompson so those guys are pretty much like the Blecch Bouncer just without the Blecch? Intresting... I await for more!
@KOTE even though I'm sad you aren't making insane gimmicks like things falling at you for the haunted mansion, this looks good as well, really good as a matter of fact. I think I'll just shuddup for now and wait for the contest to come.

If I were you, KOTE, I'd cut out the traditional liquids and concentrate on coming up with good implementations for the ones you created yourself. You can base a lot of great gameplay around these, so devote your time to that instead of filling the level up with generic slime and nitric platforming.

@Thompson: The custom enemies make me think like the Blecch Bouncer from Fawfulfan but without the goop they let go each bounce but at you create 2 that acts different. I like level transition when you start from the place you finish before. Hope the level will be done and be as good (or more) as Twilight Isle.

@KO.T.E: Cool a chemical factory with new chemicals. I hope this will be done since it is too bad your hauted mansion didn't make it. Just a question, what will happen if a player have the elemental shield if they fall in these chemicals?

@SpiritCrusher: I am gonna only use the default chemicals near the start of the act, as you go on, the new ones come in, and I may make 2 more colored chemicals too. Maybe a Red and Orange ones.

@Alexkid: well, they will still take your rings and stuff, but the space countdown won't effect you I think.

Metal-Rawr and Alex2608 said:
@Thompson: Bleh Bouncer?

I've never heard of this "bleh bouncer" before, but recently just looked it up.

To awswer your question, Metal: basically, but my enemy was originally customed by me.

@SpiritCrusher: I am gonna only use the default chemicals near the start of the act, as you go on, the new ones come in, and I may make 2 more colored chemicals too. Maybe a Red and Orange ones.
And why do you want to use the default ones at all? As I see it, it only makes part of your map less original and less interesting.

Well, this is only the first act, act 2 will have the other 2 as it's main focus, but I am sorta not sure how I can use this chemicals to the fullest seeing I have never made a chemical level besides Acid Plant...

Well I might not be entering a level for the upcoming OLDC, however I have been working on a CTF level named Mystical Heights and I am planning on entering it for the next OLDC.
Oh and KOTE that looks awesome.

Red slime sucks away your lives count then kills you yes? =D

Will any slime help you in the level?
Like orange slime bounces you?

Edit @Katmint Sonic sees the light? If anything you could put a secret there.

Last edited:
@kirb why would he do that? Its beyond the level's boundaries, if he'd do that, that'd be one massive glitch and it would deduct a bunch of poits while voting... and it's nice to see someone finally uses a SOC in his singleplayer level... Owait, that's your SOC there. =P

2cymbd3.jpg

Figured I should leave a little teaser for you guys...
(and before you accuse me of plagiarism regarding the wall plants, I made them originally)

Wow Thompson

You did it again

That clock makes me remember Super Mario 64. I hope that stage will be like TIZ or even better. Good luck.

KOTE that factory makes me remember Grand Metropolis in some way. Oh, I remembered. The previous name of it was Hexagon Factory, so it made me remember HEXAeco, the enterprises shown everywhere on that stage. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back