• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jelly's Hideout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
If you ever played an obscure mod called SRB2 Colosseum for 1.09.4 (A pack by me with other map maker's maps, with permission cuz I know someone might point it out) one of my maps in it was called Jelly's Lair. I'm sort of remaking the level for 2.0's Hide And Seek. The concept remains the same, but the actual level is entirely new.

srb20000-28.png

Pretty much the entire level.

Yeah, it looks flat, doesn't it? Well, I need ideas of what I could leave lying around in the floor of my room.
Despite it's simplicity, in this one shot there are several different places to hide. Currently that would
1: In the stringless guitar
2: The underground passage
3: The computer monitor

So, I'd just like ideas for the level. Maybe places to hide, etc. I'll post more pictures later, it's actually really too late atm so yeah.

Loads and loads of random crap on the ground. Random sheets of paper, blocks, books. Perhaps a carpet. CD casings. A bookshelf.

At its current state, it needs higher places and more sector-based scenery.

Add some clothes, a bathroom, a bottle of Tabasco (with some spilled Tabasco next to it), some other unidentified spilled liquid that was in the last version, and a godawful closet.

I think it should be smaller. Hide and seek does have a timelimit to it. And that just looks like a whole lot of space to travel, empty or not.

It needs things like a "fort" of books, which would simply be one book leaning against another, along with a large area of springs with a FOF above them with a monitor. Also, a small set of walls around the it spawn so that, since the space around it is very open, the it cannot see where the other players hide.

I always wanted to make like, you know those hot wheels tracks? But hanging from strings in the air. Maybe add a ceiling fan? Really though, the most important thing you should do right now is resizing the room into a smaller one, because that's too much space for so little stuff.

Nice. I like Arf's idea too. It'd be amusing watching the It chase someone else around the track. ("GET BACK HERE!" "lol" "ARGH!") The track should also have a start/finish line so people can play Race on it.

A race track would be kind of a neat idea. Although I'm sure little hot wheels that follow you are hard/impossible to do. Right now I'm focusing how to get custom sprites to work so I can place my action figures on top of a book case.

I always wanted to make like, you know those hot wheels tracks? But hanging from strings in the air. Maybe add a ceiling fan? Really though, the most important thing you should do right now is resizing the room into a smaller one, because that's too much space for so little stuff.

I don't know if a ceiling fact would affect gameplay at all, but it's an interesting thought.
The room does look large and empty, but this was only started two days ago. By the time I fill it up it should a good enough size- if not, well, I can still change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back