Possibly launching an object from a trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyTheFox

IT'S HIGH NOON
Title says it all. Let me explain what I mean.
If the player were to step on a button, a noise is heard and something flies at the player telling him to run immediately.
When the button is pressed, it executes a trigger to catapult, (Or fire) an object from somewhere, or nowhere.
If I could get an idea how that would work, I would be thankful.

Note:
I do have one way, not sure if I can do it properly.
Using the SOC editor, I could possibly have the line def trigger action do this for me, problem is. I'm a terrible soc-er. NOT saying anyone should do it FOR me. Just an idea.

Edit:
Can some one put this in the EDITING help?

Last edited:
Well, I might have an idea, but I need to know about the area itself, like, what the actual place looks like. I have an idea that you could make it once you press the button, an invisible fof raises, allowing a copy of a robohood with transparent sprites to fire at the player, which would give a similar effect to what you are trying to do, ofc the copy with transparent sprites will have to be soced.

Hmm.. I was sayin' the object hurdling to the player would be an arrow. But, this should be a new feature in 2.1. LAUNCH THE PLAYERS LIKE A CATAPULT! (Or in any new version)
In before people make this a space core topic. Please don't. :v
The level itself would be a Ice-themed but with a few traps set by Eggman.

Hmm.. I was sayin' the object hurdling to the player would be an arrow. But, this should be a new feature in 2.1. LAUNCH THE PLAYERS LIKE A CATAPULT! (Or in any new version)
In before people make this a space core topic. Please don't. :v
The level itself would be a Ice-themed but with a few traps set by Eggman.

Like, would the arrow be shot from the side, kinda like the traps from Sonic 2, or 4? (or even Sonic Pocket Adventure because yes, that is an amazing game?)

If so then my idea might work perfectly for you.

What my idea is, (this is what I would do if I were making an area what you mentioned):

So, in the image, pretend there is an FOF where the \\\ is, that reaches from the floor to the ceiling, and once stepped on by the purple button, the floor of the FOF will rise to the ceiling, allowing the invisible robo-hood that could be made by soc'ing to fire at sonic, which will give the illusion that the arrow appeared from the wall upon sonic's pushing of the button.

Alright, thanks. I'll give it a try. I may also want to add a intangible block that isn't translucent, and arrows shot from left and right, Think of it, like the traps in a Egyptian-themed pyramid, a button is pressed and the arrows shoot from this small hallway, making it almost impossible to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back