Super SRB2 Kart Z =NOT EXACTLY CANCELED=

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find figure-8 sounds a lot cooler than "infinity-shaped"

And I agree. Fuck oval tracks. Porting an oval track from another game is kind of counterproductive too

Ok im gonna report a problem and I got a problem about this mod.

First the problem.

I found out you remove the mouse option from this and I know most players use the keyboard or controller to play this. But people like me have a keyboard that can only hold 3 keys at once. Making it very hard to drive forward and drift and turn left and right and using your trust red turtle shell all at one time. Leaving you in a stuck key at one point. And messing up the whole race for you. And most of us don't got a controller at all. So I kinda demand for the mouse to be put into this mod. So players like me who has a limit keyboard can play again.

And now the other problem is the question mark boxes. In one of the levels me and my friend found out at some point in the game when you go and pick up a box. It all of a sudden disappeared and left a error message. Here a photo that shows the problem.

otpxdy.jpg

And when you click the key where you it makes the random box stop it still makes it disappeared. So I am wondering how this happen.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm not saying that we need another oval/figure-8 track, what I'm saying is that not all the F-Zero GX tracks consist of loops and sharp turns. So stop saying we don't need another track like that when no one considered making or thinking of making a track like that. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I find figure-8 sounds a lot cooler than "infinity-shaped"

And I agree. Fuck oval tracks. Porting an oval track from another game is kind of counterproductive too
I have to disagree, there could be some new players who need to practice on a easy track and they don't want to keep playing on the same track over and over again. And I never said anything about adding a oval track from another game. I just used a oval track as a example.

I think there are enough easy tracks. All the easy practice tracks don't have to be oval tracks. Metal City is a pretty easy track to get used to the game with, for instance. Or Mario Circuit. And a lot of other easy non-oval shaped tracks.

And whoever figures out how to make a complicated F-Zero GX track gets a cookie.

I have a similar problem to Eternally Aries Red X, it is just that when I disable the mushroom and I am playing by myself, I can't get any other item? And it says:

ERROR: Check the item distribution - Current place has no result.

I've been thinking this is intentional, for some reason. Time trials actually work, on one hand (since the only item you get is the mushroom, so not only is it a test of skill but it's also a test of item handiness), but on the other, it makes testing custom maps with items almost impossible (at least for me).

I think there are enough easy tracks. All the easy practice tracks don't have to be oval tracks. Metal City is a pretty easy track to get used to the game with, for instance. Or Mario Circuit. And a lot of other easy non-oval shaped tracks.

And whoever figures out how to make a complicated F-Zero GX track gets a cookie.

But still, are most of those tracks c-lag friendly? What I mean, can a new person go online and not have to run into every wall they see, or they drive into the grass every time. I recently raced on a c-laggy server at Mario Circuit and I kept driving into the grass and running into the walls. Racing by yourself and racing online is two different things. You have to think differently and when to time your drifts; having a oval track will help the new players get a feel for a c-lag server. I'm still not saying we should add one though, I'm just saying it would be beneficial.

That's what Metal City is for and other courses like it. It's a very wide course with almost no offroad at all. Even a player with c-lag should have a piece of cake playing that level or others like it.

That's what Metal City is for and other courses like it. It's a very wide course with almost no offroad at all. Even a player with c-lag should have a piece of cake playing that level or others like it.
Honestly, there is no point on arguing about this. I'm just saying that if
there was an oval track or something like it with no off-road sections, gimmicks (including death pits), hard turns, or walls other than the outer walls, then it would be easier for a new player to learn, even in c-lag.

Never knew a statement about a F-Zero GX port can get so far.

I have a similar problem to Eternally Aries Red X, it is just that when I disable the mushroom and I am playing by myself, I can't get any other item? And it says:

ERROR: Check the item distribution - Current place has no result.

Pretty sure that is intended from the beginning. The mushroom will be your only item until someone joins your game and then you will start to get different items. Think of it more as a time trial option since the single player option was removed.

there was an oval track or something like it with no off-road sections, gimmicks (including death pits), hard turns, or walls other than the outer walls, then it would be easier for a new player to learn, even in c-lag.

Who said I was arguing? I was just saying that there doesn't need to be an oval track for the point of practice since other tracks worked too. So honestly, I don't see the point.

But that's the thing, we already have tracks that fill that brief

But that's the thing, we already have tracks that fill that brief

I don't recall any tracks having no walls, no off road, no death pits and etc...
Every one of the tracks we have now has one of those.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Who said I was arguing? I was just saying that there doesn't need to be an oval track for the point of practice since other tracks worked too. So honestly, I don't see the point.
I'm sorry, I'll stop thinking about the new players and start thinking about myself and the current Srb2 players and what floats their boat.

It's been mentoined before, but Mario Circuit (Map01, mind you) is already considered the "learning level" with it's wide road and gradual turns. Yes, the S-turn at the end is pretty tough for a new player, but it's the only difficult turn in the entire track, and new players can use it to practice with the drifting mechanics.

Not having off road, walls, or tight turns in the first course wouldn't help prepare a new player for what's coming up in the later levels.

It's been mentoined before, but Mario Circuit (Map01, mind you) is already considered the "learning level" with it's wide road and gradual turns. Yes, the S-turn at the end is pretty tough for a new player, but it's the only difficult turn in the entire track, and new players can use it to practice with the drifting mechanics.

Not having off road, walls, or tight turns in the first course wouldn't help prepare a new player for what's coming up in the later levels.
Your right, it wouldn't prepare them for the upcoming tracks, but it will help the new player get used to the controls and then later use there skills on the other tracks.

The only reason I brought this up was because I was on a low ping server on this mod. And the host seemed to be a new player. At the end of the races he will end up 20 seconds behind everyone else. The reason why, he wasn't prepared for the hard turns, off-road, and death pits because he had no where to practice his drifting.

I'm not saying it has to be a oval track, in fact I was just using a oval track as a example. I'm just saying it would be beneficial to a new player. A track where there is no gimmicks or nothing to stop them in their path. Just because I said that their is a oval track on F-Zero GX, everyone thinks that I want a oval track on the mod. Please listen next time.

Last edited:
Okay, this might be backseat moderating, but I have to ask...

The fuck are you guys posting videos about, and why does it have nothing to do with this topic?

As for porting F-Zero GX maps, why would we do that? We'd have to severely neuter most of them, and if the simple ones are so simple, why are we porting them? Just so we can be all "OH MAN WE GOT A GX MAP GURBULURG"? An F-Zero map was ported for two reasons: To bring variety into the ports, and as a nod to N64 Rainbow Road being in F-Zero X. We don't need another F-Zero map, or any other ported maps for that matter.

And another reason for ports of maps from games like that, or Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7 or SEGA All Stars Racing or Sonic Drift 2 or Pac Man World Rally or Rockman Battle & Chase or Dreamworks Star Kartz or Waku Waku Space Patrol Car or something is because I don't have a map to base ot off of. You can find maps for the SNES, N64, DS, and GBA tracks easily, while GC tracks are nowhere to be found but the 4 maps ported to MKDS and strategy guide scans. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 are the same way, only without the MKDS options. And I don't mean Minimaps either: I mean actual maps, and the touch screen maps. I don't even think making a comprehensive map of most F-Zero X or GX maps are even POSSIBLE.

As for "making easy maps for people to learn off of", we have a few of those, and while I agree there are perhaps too many "difficult" tracks in comparison to easy ones, I still feel there is enough maps to make a learning curve... if they were ever sorted properly. At least the Retro Cups are sorted now. As regards to c-lag, I doubt a lot of practice will fix that much. That's something you and your internet provider have to work out.

Last edited:
For some reason I feel like responding to your entire post with pointless commentary.
Okay, this might be backseat moderating, but I have to ask...

The fuck are you guys posting videos about, and why does it have nothing to do with this topic?
reactionvideo.mp4

As for porting F-Zero GX maps, why would we do that? We'd have to severely neuter most of them, and if the simple ones are so simple, why are we porting them? Just so we can be all "OH MAN WE GOT A GX MAP GURBULURG"? An F-Zero map was ported for two reasons: To bring variety into the ports, and as a nod to N64 Rainbow Road being in F-Zero X. We don't need another F-Zero map, or any other ported maps for that matter.
Not to mention that the Blue Falcon is in Mario Kart Wii. It's all relative.

In terms of play style it baffles me that there are even a few people who think that it's reasonable to put a track from GX in. Even F-Zero SNES is pushing it.

And another reason for ports of maps from games like that, or Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7 or SEGA All Stars Racing or Sonic Drift 2 or Pac Man World Rally or Rockman Battle & Chase or Dreamworks Star Kartz or Waku Waku Space Patrol Car or something is because I don't have a map to base ot off of. You can find maps for the SNES, N64, DS, and GBA tracks easily, while GC tracks are nowhere to be found but the 4 maps ported to MKDS and strategy guide scans. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 are the same way, only without the MKDS options. And I don't mean Minimaps either: I mean actual maps, and the touch screen maps. I don't even think making a comprehensive map of most F-Zero X or GX maps are even POSSIBLE.
While your point is entirely true, it's worth noting that many S&SASR's tracks would be impossible to play in SRB2Kart due to the differing play style, and that's not even considering that a lot of them would be literally impossible to port. Part of me still wants to try porting one of the simpler tracks anyway though. I can think of a few that would work well, such Sewer Scrapes.

Also, Mario Kart Wii's tracks can be exported into a model editor relatively easily, so that's a non-issue.

As for "making easy maps for people to learn off of", we have a few of those, and while I agree there are perhaps too many "difficult" tracks in comparison to easy ones, I still feel there is enough maps to make a learning curve... if they were ever sorted properly. At least the Retro Cups are sorted now. As regards to c-lag, I doubt a lot of practice will fix that much. That's something you and your internet provider have to work out.
As someone with c-lag due to extreme distance I can attest that it's practically impossible to practise your way out of c-lag. I've got mad skills at Mario Kart, but online in SRB2Kart it's a whole different story.

Also, I think we have a nice proportion of easy maps already, but as we flesh out the selection we're going to need more for sure. It's just that what people are describing sound boring as all hell. Nobody wants Baby Park or Test Course or any of that.

I think we should focus on more variation in the track themes. For example, we don't yet have a Bows-, uh, Eggman's Castle stage. And we definitely should focus less on ports since, as you've said already, we already have enough of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back