• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

More Bots

Stonecutter

Here's a little something I've been working on the past three days.

srb20047.gif

The only player here was myself. Tails was a vanilla bot, everyone else was a custom fake bot. ExAI was enabled in an adapted form to function as the bots ai in this video, but I plan on adapting the vanilla bot AI to be the primary fake bot controller with ExAI as an option.

It's still very much WIP. The only thing that is really finalized is the 3d movement code, which is simply a transcription of three source functions into lua.

The primary goal of this mod is to allow players to play through the entire singleplayer campaign with the entire cast, rather than merely a pair, but It will provide more functionality and options as well. A few of these options include co-op bots, bots that follow bots, and hostile bots.

There are a few other things I would like to implement, but may not due to the increased complexity of the problems involved. These include independent bots for racing against, independent battlemode bots, and bots that know to work together to fly each other over obstacles.

Looks nice, it remembers me of a vídeo that i saw on youtube that a guy used a cfg file or something to add the character add-ons he had as bots like in vanilla. (It was on 2.1 btw and idk if he gave a link or not.but probably he didn't soo yeah, can't wait to play with that mod you're making, it looks awesome)

Interesting. When you say "fake" bot, I assume what you mean is that it's not controlling an actual player, but rather a custom struct emulating all of the features of the player userdata. Sounds like quite a task, if so.

Coincidentally, one of our hardcoders has been unentangling the source to figure out how to produce AI-controlled player objects separate from the 2P AI, but it's a project that only started just recently and I understand there's a lot of kinks to work out.

Interesting. When you say "fake" bot, I assume what you mean is that it's not controlling an actual player, but rather a custom struct emulating all of the features of the player userdata. Sounds like quite a task, if so.
This is accurate. I've been enjoying it so far, but there's still much I need to do.

Coincidentally, one of our hardcoders has been unentangling the source to figure out how to produce AI-controlled player objects separate from the 2P AI, but it's a project that only started just recently and I understand there's a lot of kinks to work out.
Excellent! Hardcoded versions should be far less expensive than scripted bots.

Nice! Now I get to create an army of Fang Bots and call it, the Fang Gang. Wait, that name is already taken? Oh...

I cant wait for this mod to come out please let us know when its ready Stonecutter I am like really ready and excited to play this mod so please let us know when you are finish please and thank you

Uh... I'm sure Stonecutter's aware? And you don't have to rub it in our face someone beat him to releasing a multi-bot mod.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back