How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely remember this, but during the summer of '05, I was looking around for Sonic fan games, and just happened to stumble across SRB2 while looking around on Google. After I went through the game with Sonic, I went to see the MB, but it turns out that it was a broken link(I was told that they were actually down for a bit), so I thought that SRB2 was somewhat "dead." Man was I wrong... Later, in Feb 2006, I decided to download it again after looking at the Wikipedia article.

I found it a while back, I think maybe a year or two ago? Anyways I was searching for the Original Zero project hack, for my Megaman Zero 3, when an add from google popped up with a whole bunch of Sonic stuff on it, so I took a look, and saw something called, 3D sonic Game, I took a look and long behold, I'd found SRB2. I had just been too lazy to register on the forums until sometime last week.

Around 2004-2005.. I was searching for Sonic "Online" game or fangames.
I searched on Google, and came up with various Sonic games. I then found AcidPlay, or whatever it was called. I stumbled across SRB2, which was an old version. ( It came in a folder, called "findem" ) I played it in 2-player, not knowing the controls at all. I then started to play more, learning to play it. ( This is at the time where I used internet/1337-speak a lot. ) I joined the forums here a couple of years later, and.. Here I am! :P

I came across with SRB2 in the fangames section of the Portal Sonic site.
I found the game interesting by the description, but the screenshot in the archive gave me a bad impression of the game. (it was like a cramped maze) Plus, it was a demo, and I rarely download DEMO fangames. And the size of the game was enormous for my dial-up connection hadle. =p
Then, I forgot the game for a large while.

Then I registered in my first sonic forum, that had a official topic for SRB2, people saying this was teh pwnz and such. I was thinking: "hell, this game CANNOT be that good!"
Then I got a broadband connection and downloaded the game, registered on the forums, hosted SAcity hangouts even knowing the MS rules, LEARNED what a hangout was, (lol) my pc BSOD'ed, and this prevented me from getting banned for the time I didn't know what a hangout was (I cannot portforward my router) =p
Then I'm here XD

Yup, I remember that topic we had last year about this.
A bit off-topic, but I still remember the old SSRG. (Didn't someone make a new one if I remember well?). I used to browse it for fun when I was little (9 or 10). I even remember seeing the image they put on the day of its "death" on the day of its "death".

Anyway, quoting my post from last year:
tails92 said:
Back in January 2005, I was searching for a Sonic fangame that could run on Linux. I found xhedgehog, an old 1997 fan game, and didn't find one other than it.
Then some months later, I got interested in FreeDOOM (and DOOM in general). While browsing the DOOM Legacy web site, in the links section, I found a link to SRB2.
Being based on DOOM, I wondered if it could run on linux. So I search the forums for `linux` and found the 1.08 Linux port.
I didn't have a single Windows machine at the time.
In June '05, I decided to join the forums, because I believed, and still believe that SRB2 is an excellent game.
I also found a friendly community, not like the ruthless one I was in before joining this messageboard.
I would play SRB2 on Windows for the first time only a year later.

Strange story, don't you think? ;P

Super_Sonix2.0.67 said:
Eblo the Hedgehog's videos told me it was an online game so I got it

Thats the thing, I want more people to join the srb2 community, I dont know why, but, with srb2 you come and go and come and go, like I have read in this topic.

onyx said:
I found srb2 on caiman games, when I was looking in the sonic section.
me too! I moved to Houston, got bored, searched downloadable games and found it on carmen games

I went on Youtube to find it. I joined the forums about a month or 2 before 1.09.04 came, and downloaded it around 1.08.

Looking back, I now remember that the day I found SRB2, was my first week or going to YouTube, and 3rd day of being a member...

I found a srb2 demo on sfghq and tried it out. I believe it was demo 4, but I don't remember. I remember having problems finding the exit on the first level. I went around in circles, but eventually I found it. I don't think I had that problem in the other levels on the demo.

I also lurked around the message board and was interested in trying out the single player level wads. I checked the forums even when I wasn't playing the game that often. Then I decided that I did enough lurking, and decided to finally join the forums near when demo 1.09.4 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back