scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i use scratch its a project maker, make your own games moves ETC. heres the link scratch.mit.edu ALSO plz look up sonicfan54 (thats me). who elce uses scratch???

The problem with these tools, is that they are too god damn simple, and this often results in a high count of pure garbage games floating around, thanks to the fact that they can be used by pretty much anyone who thinks they're the world's best game designer.

And here I was thinking MMF2 and GM7 were the worst... :<

These words make me feel more comfortable. I abandoned MMF and GM one year ago or more. I had felt some regret (GML was a pain and results were very bad), but now I'm learning Blender, Construct, and who knows later a bit of Python.

I guess I made a good choice. :>

Last edited:
Hmmm...I dunno. MMF and GM are simple, it's true, but they can actually be pretty powerful if you know how to use them. It's just that 90% of the people who ARE using them aren't skilled enough to take advantage of that. I have seen some okay games done with those programs.

That said, they still aren't as powerful as Blender and those other tools you're using, Ezer.Arch. If you get skilled with those, you'll easily trump my MMF and GM stuff.

One time in sixth grade, since I had nothing better to do, I downloaded Python onto the school computer and messed around with it. I got in trouble, and the school counseler decided to install this to tide me over.

hint: it sucks

also since everyone else is saying what they use to make games i use c

It's mainly GM7. I've actually seen lots of cool stuff coming from MMF2. Primordial Egg, Legend of Princess, Knytt Stories, Noitu Love 2...

However, MMF2 does have problems with its engine, and now Clickteam's facing competition from Construct, an open source game creation tool started by a group of disgruntled MMF extension developers. Construct has a much nicer set of built-in movements and can perform a wide variety of graphical special effects (many of which utilize shaders) thanks to its hardware-accelerated rendering. Too bad it's also only for Windows.

I think at this point, Clickteam will need to do something drastic if they want to stay in the game.

As for me, I would rather use C++ to make a game. My "when it gets done" engine/framework will have support for multiple multimedia libraries, so you're not just stuck with hardware-only rendering, or being forced to only deploy your game on a few platforms.

Last edited:
Well, I've used Scratch before, it's a nice thing for kids to play around with. It doesn't try to be professional like GM7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back