SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
BBQBeans
The Mean Bean Machine
 
BBQBeans's Avatar
Default How did Knuckles knock the emeralds out of Sonic?

Okay so in Sonic 3 (or S3&K, whatever), the opening cutscene shows Sonic and Tails flying close to Angel Island using the Tornado. Sonic then jumps off the plane, and turns super to rush to the island faster. When he reaches the island, Knuckles then pops up from the ground and knocks the emeralds out of Sonic with a mere spin jump

This scene alone makes me question how Knuckles had done this, and why he doesn't do his tactic in the real fight against him (if you managed to get your super form by then).

But whats your thoughts on how Knux did it, and what did you believe happen?
__________________
Oh yeah, hurry to the unexplored land
I'm not scared at all
And I don't wanna hear you


Discord: B.E.A.N.S#4099
BBQBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Micro
sonic heroes is a good game
 
Micro's Avatar
Default

Maybe sonic ran out of rings as soon as knux touched him.
__________________
Have you ever tried crab rangoons?
Micro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
F64
The goofball
 
F64's Avatar
Default

Knux was just a very stronk boi who caught sonic by surprise. (no seriously)
__________________
It ain't over 'till the cows come home
F64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default

Here's my theory-
SNK3 takes place immediately after Sonic 2 so that means that Sonic isn't that experienced with the super form so when he carelessly goes super and flies into angel island Knuckles was able to time his punch just right because super Sonic let his guard down thinking his invincibility will do the work for him, also the master emerald is the equivalent to the seven chaos emeralds so Knuckles has way more experience with the emeralds than Sonic because Knuckles has protected the master emerald for his whole life.
If you want a more organized and explained theory than just search up this question on YouTube and I assure you that you will most likely find your answer.
Thanks for reading.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
izzy
ceo of good descriptions
 
izzy's Avatar
Default

holy SHIT you guys are overthinking this

I like to think it was just to show how strong this new character is.
__________________
mighty 2.3

whirl 2.3

skip 2.0
izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #6
Axolex53
Unknown person
 
Axolex53's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQBeans View Post
[...]This scene alone makes me question how Knuckles had done this, and why he doesn't do his tactic in the real fight against him (if you managed to get your super form by then).
Maybe S3&K's Hyper Sonic has something to say, because it's transformation is the clue that the Master Emerald has Overpowered the emeralds and accept Sonic's intentions (Yeah basically the Master Emerald has it own conscience).

In the beggining of the game... The Master Emerald it's confused about that somebody has used the Chaos Emeralds and Knuckles knew it as well, but is along the game (specifically in S&K's special stages) that realices about Sonic, which is the true Hero described in the prophecies in the hidden palace's mural

Idk if i break the game's logic but hey! Is just a theory! A Game theory!
__________________
-"No... NO! You don't understand! You can't CHANGE the way I feel!"

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"

Last edited by Axolex53; 6 Days Ago at 03:31 PM. Reason: grammar error
Axolex53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #7
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default Wait I got another theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axolex53 View Post
Maybe S3&K's Hyper Sonic has something to say, because it's transformation is the clue that the Master Emerald has Overpowered the emeralds and accept Sonic's intentions (Yeah basically the Master Emerald has it own conscience).

In the beggining of the game... The Master Emerald it's confused about that somebody has used the Chaos Emeralds and Knuckles knew it as well, but is along the game (specifically in S&K's special stages) that realices about Sonic, which is the true Hero described in the prophecies in the hidden palace's mural

Idk if i break the game's logic but hey! Is just a theory! A Game theory!
Let me say what I think you're saying...
So you're saying that the master emerald empowered Knuckles allowing him to be strong enough to literally punch the chaos emeralds right out of Sonic which would make that Knuckles at that point of time THE STRONGEST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE SONIC SERIES.

With this knowledge I can properly say that Knuckles is stronger than Super Sonic which almost no one has ever been able to do which also makes Knuckles STRONGER THAN SOLARIS.
Sorry if I'm interpreting it wrong but with how I saw what you said this makes Knuckles absurdly strong to the point of him being stronger than what would supposedly be super chaos shadow because he managed to overpower Super Sonic with a singular punch Knuckles=one punch man confirmed? but you may be thinking we'll isn't there a huge difference between classic Sonic and modern Sonic? Well in Sonic generations modern Sonic and classic Sonic fight side by side in their super forms with no difference in power because their actions were done simultaneously making them have almost no difference in power.
Also this would give more reason for Knuckles to protect the master emerald which I kinda like but to explain why this is never done again oh god I'm over explaining it aren't I
you see in Sonic adventure (the first one not the second) there is-
SPOILER WARNING

-A giant water monster within the master emerald called chaos and he runs off of negative energy but he still has a heart within him because he protects the little chao when they are in serious danger so I think that when chaos left the master emerald I think that he took a bunch of positive energy with it which is what stuff like the super forms run off of and Sonic adventure takes place almost immediately after SNK3 meaning that Knuckles cannot obtain whatever power he gained to literally punch the chaos emeralds out of Sonic.

And if that isn't enough then in Sonic adventure 2 Knuckles literally SHATTERS the master emerald to make sure eggman doesn't get it which I believe would also reduce the amount of positive energy within it, and if THAT wasn't enough then I have another theory which is-
The master emerald pedistal fills the master emerald with both positive and negative energy because the master emerald has always been able to magically restore itself after it had been stolen from eggman and angel island is said to be a magical island so I believe it is basically an energy generator where it somehow creates both negative and positive energy but it needs a focus to keep itself in the air so it uses the master emerald as that focus which is why I think that every time eggman has tooken the master emerald off of it's pedistal that would then cause the flow of energy to slowly weaken because the master emerald and angel island are very old making them both very delicate and easy to break and we all know that eggman has tooken the master emerald off of it's pedistal many times so I think that's more than enough to prove my theory.

So to summarize this whole theory,
classic Knuckles is the strongest character in the entirety of the Sonic universe.

edit- wow this is enough to start a YouTube channel so I might do that in the future

Last edited by Basic Bronze Sonic; 5 Days Ago at 09:27 PM.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #8
Axolex53
Unknown person
 
Axolex53's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Bronze Sonic View Post
Let me say what I think you're saying...
So you're saying that the master emerald empowered Knuckles allowing him to be strong enough to literally punch the chaos emeralds right out of Sonic which would make that Knuckles at that point of time THE STRONGEST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE SONIC SERIES.


Basically yes, in THAT Punch has the enough power to knock off Super Sonic and when we confront him, knuckles can't use that energy again because somebody has used the Master emerald first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Bronze Sonic View Post
[...] Knuckles=one punch man confirmed?[...]
Yes, he punched out Super Metal Sonic in Mania Adventures...

Wait a minute...
__________________
-"No... NO! You don't understand! You can't CHANGE the way I feel!"

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"
Axolex53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #9
furrless
"i will play until i die"
 
furrless's Avatar
Default

knuckles just hit sonic. really really hard in the face.
furrless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #10
LuxisLand
𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝒹.
 
LuxisLand's Avatar
Default

Unlike sonic he doesn't chuckles...



That's the reason.
__________________
Do i look like an Liar?!
LuxisLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #11
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default Wow I got another theory!!!(what a big shocker)

So I feel like I've been posting a lot on this thread and when I say that I mean this is my third post on this thread but my posts are super long but I'm full of ideas seriously I gotta start a YouTube channel at this rate.

So here's my NEO theory (sorry but I'm just trying to mix things up a little).

I think that Super Sonic secretly knew the attack was coming but took it anyways dropping the emeralds afterwards on purpose.
Now I know that you're thinking that this is absurd and there's no way to prove it but I feel like I can prove you wrong so here's my attempt at doing so.

You see within the Sonic series SEGA has always made Sonic able to defeat any appoenent (sorry if I spelled that wrong) no matter how strong they are even without the emeralds and you would think that this wouldn't apply to Classic Sonic but you see in Sonic Generations (wow seems like this game has always proven my theories correct) Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic were able to fight side by side while in their super forms and the Classic Sonic in that game hadn't even experienced the events of Sonic 1 so this means that Classic Super Sonic is around Modern Super Sonic which Modern Sonic was able to fight final form chaos-the giant water monster within the master emerald without the emeralds and without even breaking a sweat while Adventure Sonic had to go super to fight final form chaos making Modern Sonic's highest power feat without the emeralds→final form chaos++ and Modern Sonic's best power feat with the emeralds is around Solaris level because he fought Solaris by him self and won making his best super feat→final form Solaris, and because classic Sonic while in his super form was able to fight side by side with Modern Sonic doing simultaneous movement but also because he lacks chaos abilities this makes classic super Sonic's power→final form biolizard+ making Classic Super Sonic *looks at script joke proceeds* stronger than adventure Sonic?!?!
Huh... Didn't expect to be measuring Classic Sonic's power... Well with this info I can properly say that ignoring my other theory I made before this one that super Sonic is WAY stronger than Knuckles making it impossible for Knuckles to catch him off guard so the only way for Knuckles to be able to punch the emeralds out of Sonic is if Sonic let it happen but I know that I need to explain why Classic Sonic would let it happen great now I have to explain Classic Sonic's thought process and how it's different from Modern Sonic's thought process.

Classic Sonic has always been sassy with a pinch of rebellious because he was made to be the thing to take down Mario off of his gaming console of the year throne... right?

Well once again we turn to Sonic Generations (at this rate I might as well talk about how much Sonic Generations changes the cannon at this rate) because Sonic Generations showed us a Classic Sonic that isn't focused on taking Mario off of his monopoly high horse where instead he's quiet yet very expressive, we don't ever hear him talk about chilly dogs once and in fact we don't hear him speak at all (I still wish that he had a voice actor) but he still has something that all Sonic's have and that's being nice (also being impatient) so he knows what someone is feeling even when they don't say it and this is why Tai- er I mean Classic Tails is his best friend and would continue to be for years beyond and he knows when someone genuinely doesn't know what they're really doing so I believe that he would be willing to take a punch just to get the trust of someone and when I say that I MEAN it so I believe that he would literally be willing to not only be punched in the face but also be willing to drop the chaos emeralds to gain the trust of Knuckles (geez I finally got to the point) because he would know that Knuckles had been manipulated by eggman to believe that he is a villian I mean like you can't miss eggman even if he's a million miles away because his objective is to make an amusement park which usually amusement parks have lots of bright and colorful lights but of course he definitely did not know about the master emerald... right?
(oh god I'm going back to Sonic Generations aren't I) Well you see in Sonic Generations angel island is a playable level so I believe that Classic Sonic would have seen the master emerald there and also he would meet Modern Knuckles quite a lot in the same game and it's no doubt that Modern Knuckles and Classic Sonic at least had one conversation so Classic Sonic would know that Knuckles is a good person and also Modern Knuckles probably just told him about the events of SNK3 and OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T I JUST SAY THAT-I'm such an idiot for building up all of this too explain a question I already have two theories about. *sigh* Well... That's my theory and my explanation for why I think that so thanks for reading.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #12
Axolex53
Unknown person
 
Axolex53's Avatar
Default To Basic Bronze Sonic's NEO Theory

Basically you are saying that Classic Sonic is way more powerfull that (almost) modern Sonic and 'due Generations events, he knew that Knuckles will be an allie and pretend be weak to avoid him 'till Hidden palace?

This is maybe a dumb question (and off-topic but worth). If you say that this is a Sonic before Sonic 1 events, Why Classic Tails doesn't appear in Sonic 1 along him to defeat Robotnik? I mean, they were warped to Green Hill in Sonic Generations end and Tails SHOULD went with Sonic
__________________
-"No... NO! You don't understand! You can't CHANGE the way I feel!"

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"

Last edited by Axolex53; 3 Days Ago at 12:48 AM.
Axolex53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #13
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axolex53 View Post
Basically you are saying that Classic Sonic is way more powerfull that (almost) modern Sonic and 'due Generations events, he knew that Knuckles will be an allie and pretend be weak to avoid him 'till Hidden palace?

This is maybe a dumb question (and off-topic but worth). If you say that this is a Sonic before Sonic 1 events, Why Classic Tails doesn't appear in Sonic 1 along him to defeat Robotnik? I mean, they were warped to Green Hill in Sonic Generations end and Tails SHOULD went with Sonic
Spoiler: edit

alright so I probably should have said this first but it is within the Sonic main line cannon that the classic Sonic that shows up in Sonic Generations hadn't even experienced the events of Sonic 1 which was confirmed to be true in some interviews for the creators of Sonic Generations but please correct me if this info is wrong and remember that this doesn't change the fact that I still need to show and explain my theories as to why Tails didn't hang out with Sonic in the events of Sonic 1 because SEGA never explained why Tails didn't show up in Sonic 1 because sometimes for some reason SEGA just doesn't want to awnser a specific question and never explain why so just keep in mind that the classic Sonic in Sonic Generations actually hadn't even experienced the events of Sonic 1 and it's just a cannon thing so it's kinda similar to the two world's thing that is both fortunately and unfortunately cannon because once again it was said to be cannon in an interview with one of the creators of Sonic colors, welp end of edit.


Alright time to get my nerd glasses on again (fun fact-I am actually near sighted in real life so I'm not kidding when I say that).

Well the easy way out of this which is what I feel like SEGA would say is that Tails was busy fixing the tornado during the events of Sonic 1 but I got an entire two different explanations as to why Tails isn't in Sonic 1 which is-

1- Tails is a bit too young
So yes classic Tails was in Sonic Generations but that was against his will because time stuff in the Sonic series was kinda unavoidable even for the most careful of people and we constantly get confirmations for Tail's age which usually say he's around the age of 10 but we got these confirmations in games that take place way after Sonic 2 so imagine how young he is before Sonic 1, in the Modern games (*cough* *cough* Sonic forces *cough* *cough*) Tails isn't exactly that brave so if he's before Sonic 1 young then I feel like anyone can straight up say he's too anxious and anyways he never really does any cool stuff in Generations sooo...
That's my first theory so let's get to the second.

2- Sonic CD actually takes place in between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 so Tails went over to try to make sure robotnik can't get too little planet early?
Now I'm going to warn you this explanation is QUITE long because it's multiple theories in one so I'm going to organize into sections so let's begin.

Sonic CD's placement in the timeline-
Alright so I believe that if Sonic CD takes place between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 then it will give purpose for Tails not being in Sonic 1 and before you ask I'm pretty sure Modern Sonic talked about little planet at least enough for Classic Tails to ask about it to then find out about the events of Sonic CD so let's begin.
The first but of evidence of Sonic CD taking place between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 is the fact that Sonic can't charge up his spindash but I will say that Sonic not going super is not good evidence because in Sonic Generations classic Sonic goes super so there goes that bit of evidence, the second bit of evidence is the fact that it would make sense for the peelout ability to only show up in Sonic CD because Sonic might have been trying something new for momentum so then he would quickly stop utilizing the peelout because charging up a spindash is a little more effective and makes him less open for attacks so he would just proceed to stick with the spindash for the sake of it's efficiency, last but not least in Sonic 4 we find out that eggman left metal Sonic at little planet but if he had left him there after SNK3 then I feel like eggman would instead just proceed to upgrade Mecha sonic for the events of Sonic heroes but if he had left metal Sonic at little planet in between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 then I feel like eggman would think that upgrade in metal Sonic for the events of Sonic heroes would be a big enough surprise to maybe stop Sonic once and for all and before you ask I don't think Modern Sonic would feel the need to talk about the events of Sonic heroes in Sonic Generations because we never see anything related to Sonic heroes in Sonic Generations.

proving Sonic CD's placement in the timeline-
Alright so now I will talk about anything else that might need to be explained or whatever so let's begin.

Point 1- just because we never see the time emeralds again doesn't mean that Sonic CD takes place after SNK3 but instead means that SEGA just forgot about them and never bothered to add them into anything related to Sonic again.

Point 2- the reason why robotnik didn't build another great machine like metal Sonic for Sonic 2 is because while in Sonic CD robotnik had all the time in the world to build what he wants because of time travel in Sonic 2 he doesn't have time travel and Sonic is right at his door step so that's why he still sends out silver Sonic.

Point 3- no one knows the placement of the game Knuckles chaotix so the game doesn't prove anything (same thing goes for the game gear games as well) except that metal Sonic has yet ANOTHER transformation that he never utilizes in the later games because even SEGA gets lazy sometimes.

Welp that's the end of that theory so now to get to the main one we're all here for.

proving why Tails would go to little planet early-
Now I've already said what I need to say before about this theory but I haven't explained why I believe such an absurd theory so I will get to that right now.

First off I think that Tails would try to search for angel island during the events of Sonic CD because Sonic's already got little planet taken care of with his speed and all so that's that, alright so second off I know that Tails would most likely not be able to stop robotnik from taking little planet all on his own so that's also that.
Next I feel like Tails would try to be as efficient as possible with trying to stop robotnik because he already knows that robotnik would continue to be a threat in the future but he also knows that Sonic can more than beat robotnik in the events of Sonic 1 so he would try to stop robotnik's plans before they even begin to make beating robotnik a lot easier, also he kinda knows robotnik's weaknesses because Modern Sonic and Modern Tails told him and classic Sonic quite a lot about the future but of course there's only so much Modern Sonic and Modern Tails can remember so that's why I believe that Classic Tails wouldn't be able to stop robotnik from taking over little planet.

I guess that's about it
Alright so I think that's about it so I hope you enjoyed reading me just ramble on about a singular theory that then turns into me explaining multiple other and even more complicated theories so thanks for reading.

Last edited by Basic Bronze Sonic; 3 Days Ago at 07:29 AM.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #14
CobaltBW
Community Noise Maker
Developer
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

basically, game logic took a backseat so that Knuckles could sock him in the jugular
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.