How to make a death pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
This may sound stupid and noob but someone can tell me how to do a death pit?

I would be happy if someone helped me. Please Help me on this one.

You are lucky I just learned this one because I LOVE helping people out!
Read the steps carefully, and you will make a pit where you will DIE!

Step 1: Making the sector!
Make a sector you want to DIE in! Make it any size you want, just make it:
Ceiling: 2000 (Depends on what amount of ceiling your main sector is)
Floor: -256 (choose any you want, BUT the - is needed if you actually want a pit) Make the floor you want to fall in! (GOOP01 for green goop, and F_SKY1 for bottomless pits, etc.)

Step 2: Your first control sector! ^^
You know what are they? Small sectors around the level, and somebody could mistake them for useless sectors. They control something in the level, like ,,pouring" goop into a pit!
Left click the wanted sector once, then click the last icon on the top! (HINT: It looks like a GFZ floor over another, it's a Floor Above Floor maker!)
On top, click ,,Block" and switch it to ,,Water"! Now you will see another kind of stuff!
Flats And Textures: Top: GOOP01 (or anything you want) Bottom: GFZROCK (I made it that way.)
Sides: -
Uncheck ,,Render Sides"!
Top height: 0
Bottom Height: -256
Only put these numbers in the ,,Absolute" part!
Click the blue color, and choose one of the dark greens or any color you want! Be sure to NOT click ,,Cancel" or else your unsaved work is lost!
Click OK!

Last step: Forcing the pit to KILL you!

You might now see 2 small sectors around your map! One of them is the ,,Colormap" and one of them is the ,,Pit Control Sector"!
Go into Linedefs Mode and move your cursor above the green line in the sector the the right! You should see a magic word: Tag! There is a number next to it! Try to memorize the number, we will need it! Go into Sectors Mode for now! Click the Control Sector to the right twice! See the word Sector Effect? click the first one, and choose Death Pit - No Camera Mod!
Click OK! Now click the sector you want to DIE in! Type your Memorized Number for Tag! Set floor to the texture you wish to fall in! Make the effect as you did in the Control Sector! Try it! I hope it works! I'll see after it if it doesn't!
---------Mamaluigi! My biggest post ever!

What type of death pit do you want? The nice looking gradient type one found in Arid Canyon zone, or one that just works?

The first thing you should have is the correct configuration for SRB2 DB which is found here (http://mb.srb2.org/faq.php#f15). After you followed those instructions, you are ready to make stuff that will work correctly for SRB2 2.0.

Now I will explain how to make a death pit that just works. After you make the sector in SRB2 DB. Select the sector using sector mode. If you don't know what that means, then read the basics SRB2 DB tutorial on the SRB2 wiki (http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2_Doom_Builder_Tutorial_-_Chapter_1:_Getting_Started). Once you selected the sector with sector mode, double click it and you will see Sector effect on the top of the menu that just popped up. From there, you can use the drop down boxes to find "Death Pit - No Camera Modifications". Each drop down box has different sector effects. Once you find it, select it and click OK. The sector should work as a death pit now.

Mamaluigi, linedefs aren't needed to make basic death pits. Just using the sector effect is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back