Sonic Forces, Lost world, or 06?

Lost World. 06 is buggy, Forces is bland, and Lost World is inconsistant. But at least it doesn't get stale.

The biggest problem with Lost World isn't even the quality of the game but the fact that you feel that Sega wasn't even trying to do something big anymore.

I believe that the parkour system might have worked better if the level design wasn't a Mario Galaxy expy. The Zelda level in the Wii U release was actually pretty good.

Forces' blandness came from incompetence and rookiness from the devs.

Finally I think that between the 3 I would take Sonic P06 because even Lost World and Forces' modding scene isn't strong enough to justify replaying them.

Yeah the Parkour system could have worked, but it wasn't in the right game. It might work in the future maybe. I'd pick Sonic P06.

Yeah the Parkour system could have worked, but it wasn't in the right game. It might work in the future maybe. I'd pick Sonic P06.
In which future game? Sega will most likely do another Boost game again because they don't want to take any risk.

It's kinda ironic how Lost World was basically closer to an Adventure game gameplay-wise but they decided to put it in a boost-styled stage (linear corridors instead of a more open area).

Well their are rumors that the Adventure series is going to get remade, and series co-creator said he thinks it's about time for a remake. So parkour might work there, because a lack of a boost.

Sonic '06 is a good game.
No it's not, even if I liked some aspect of it I shouldn't blind myself into thinking it was even remotely good.

Well their are rumors that the Adventure series is going to get remade, and series co-creator said he thinks it's about time for a remake. So parkour might work there, because a lack of a boost.
And I'm really worried if Sega is able to actually make a good remake at this point... I'm sure we'll get a bland boost game with a lightened version of the original game's story.

No it's not, even if I liked some aspect of it I shouldn't blind myself into thinking it was even remotely good.

And I'm really worried if Sega is able to actually make a good remake at this point... I'm sure we'll get a bland boost game with a lightened version of the original game's story.

If they give it the boost gameplay I'm not going to play it, because Sonic Forces killed my faith in the boost.

I dunno I was always wanted to play lost world, the only critiscm i have seen from that game is that it's different, but I definitley would not mind that.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I'm definitley getting some debate over this...

If they give it the boost gameplay I'm not going to play it, because Sonic Forces killed my faith in the boost.
I would probably try it if it was basically Generations but with only Adventure stages but I share the sentiment about it.

I dunno I was always wanted to play lost world, the only criticism i have seen from that game is that it's different, but I definitely would not mind that. I'm definitely getting some debate over this...
Lost World wasn't criticized because it was different but because it was a low-cost version of Mario Galaxy with bland character that looks like rip-off from Mario and a story that barely made any sense (bar 1-2 cutscenes).

I think I'll at try it, but the boost gameplay is getting really bad. Now if it was like Sonic Generations then I'd gladly play it, but not if it's like Sonic Forces.

I think I'll at try it, but the boost gameplay is getting really bad. Now if it was like Sonic Generations then I'd gladly play it, but not if it's like Sonic Forces.
You know what? I think that the boost stages from Generations were a step in the right direction by making the levels a bit more open than just having linear corridors and sometimes an alternate path.

Sadly Forces was more like 3 steps backward with the bad parts of boost stages like the "2D-ness" "blockiness" of Colors while having a slower boost than Unleashed and Generations.

I feel like they could've fixed Adventure gameplay's flaws in the same way they could fix the Boost one but sadly Sega doesn't care enough to actually have competent people making the best out of their respective gameplays...

You know what? I think that the boost stages from Generations were a step in the right direction by making the levels a bit more open than just having linear corridors and sometimes an alternate path.

Sadly Forces was more like 3 steps backward with the bad parts of boost stages like the "2D-ness" "blockiness" of Colors while having a slower boost than Unleashed and Generations.

I feel like they could've fixed Adventure gameplay's flaws in the same way they could fix the Boost one but sadly Sega doesn't care enough to actually have competent people making the best out of their respective gameplays...

True Sega doesn't care any more, because it's bad game after bad game. Sonic Mania doesn't count, because it was made by the fans.

I got the humble sonic bundle a ways back to fill in some of the gaps in my exposure to modern sonic games, notably I had never played SA2... it didn't age well but I satisfied my curiosity. The bundle did not come with 06 and I opted out of Forces, so there's my answer your question.

Lost World is a game that I've wanted to try out since release but having heard it wasn't great I did not want to pay for it. Since I got it with a dirt-cheap bundle, I can go ahead and check it out. Still haven't got there yet, but I will eventually.

Although I actually unironically liked the storybook Sonic games so maybe Lost World will be a pleasant surprise, especially after having played a couple ports of Dreamcast era games.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back