Fixed Taking a screenshot in OpenGL crops the screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like taking a screenshot in OpenGL crops the screenshot (or captures it wrong) for some odd reason:
xHLkThL.png
EDIT: Only happens in fullscreen mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to screenshot in windowed mode.
I can screenshot just fine in windowed OpenGL mode.
iqxI3VN.png
I've also noticed that when I go through loading transitions, it tends to crop the screen for a split second.

I'm assuming that my desktop resolution of 2560x1440 is the issue. Or rather, the desktop resolution not being the same as the SRB2 resolution.

The SDL2 OpenGL version does something wacky (and quite slow IIRC) to upscale the window when the chosen resolution is lower than the screen resolution. It basically makes a texture out of the screen and scales it up. Screenshots and transitions are using the area the screen used to take up when it's already been upscaled, so you get it cropped.

The SDL2 OpenGL version does something wacky (and quite slow IIRC) to upscale the window when the chosen resolution is lower than the screen resolution. It basically makes a texture out of the screen and scales it up. Screenshots and transitions are using the area the screen used to take up when it's already been upscaled, so you get it cropped.

Is that why in OpenGL everything gets zoomed in by alot for a second when the game loads a different level?

Well when I take a screen shot in OpenGL full screen, this happens:
srb20000.png

EDIT: It also happens in windowed mode for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back