convincing my parents to let me get a snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convince my parents to let me have a corn snake?

Last edited:
Snakes made out of corn make no noise, and you don't have to feed them.

Anyway, if you have to ask strangers on a website for help, maybe your parents are right.

You don't even know what they'd be right about since you don't know the reason why they won't let me have one so if I were you I'd probably shut-up right about now.

You don't even know what they'd be right about since you don't know the reason why they won't let me have one so if I were you I'd probably shut-up right about now.
So...why don't you tell us why they won't let you have a snake?

Last edited:
I think it's mainly because they think that once I have it I won't take care of it even though I told them I would (my mom also doesn't like mice).

My friend had a corn snake. It was cool the first time I saw it, but then I realized that it doesn't do much...it's actually kind of boring. Plus he had to defrost the mice in his microwave...and that's kind of nasty xD

Anyways, if you still really want one, for one month be on your best behavior, don't talk back, etc. and see what they say then. Plus earn the money to buy it, as well as enough to buy its food supply for a about month or two.

Why do you want a corn snake, anyway? Yeah, they're kind of cute if you like snakes, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.

You think? Ask them why you can't have one.
I have but they really don't give me a direct answer.

Anyways, if you still really want one, for one month be on your best behavior, don't talk back, etc. and see what they say then. Plus earn the money to buy it, as well as enough to buy its food supply for a about month or two.
Ok I'll try that.

Why do you want a corn snake, anyway? Yeah, they're kind of cute if you like snakes, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.
The reason I want one is that snakes are my favorite animal and I don't necessarily want a pet that does much anyway.

I have a dog, and I love him. I think it's more maintenance, but you can have a much closer relationship with a dog than you can with a snake. A snake will just get used to you, but a dog will love you.

A snake will just get used to you, but a dog will love you.

Any animal such as a Corn Snake or a dog will love you if you treat it nicely and give them a lot of Tender Loving Care, especially the Chameleon and the Corn Snakes at my college will do anything to get on you and climb all over the place, though the chameleon is hard to get off your head once it gets onto you.

Uh, that's uh, nice hyperknux... I guess.

Uhh. I think you & several others miss the point =/

Ok let's say you have recently got a new pet or do have a pet, it's a cat a hamster or even one of those gerbil things. So you want it to be the best pet ever? Well you have to provide all the care and love towards it. It may sound weird or silly for some animals like for example a snake, but if they are loved & care for, they will express it back to their owner somehow and unfortunately some people fail to understand that. Sure, you can do a lot of activities with a dog, or with a cat or even with a hamster, you can do other activities with different pets which can boost companionship or make that companionship more special between the owner & the pet.

I get the point. What he's saying is that any animal is capible of showing love and affection as long as you give it love and affection it's just more physicly visible with some animals (dogs or cats for example) than it is with other animals (Corn Snakes and Chameleons in this case).

Though having a snake wrapped around your arm like ivy and walking down the street would be pretty cool, and you could pet it's head at the same time if it had it's head by your hand.

And you'd scare the hell out of anyone passing by.

I can see the appeal, you look so much more badass taking your pet snake for a 'walk' than you do taking your dog. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back