New 3D Sonic Game NEW SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostgame

old engine:
123.jpg

new engine:
12345.jpg

Talk amongst yourselves. It's in VC++ 6.0 and uses OPENGL. Do not ask for a demo. It will hopefully get somewhere. Characters are 3D models, I'm gonna import them from Sonic R.[/img]

I suppose this isn't going to be an official Sonic Team Jr. Fangame, is it?

Bah, who cares...
IT HAS SLOPES!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Questions!
How'd you make it? Did you make your own engine or use another one?
Will it use the wad format?
Will it play like SRB2?
Why didn't you do it sooner? :P

Mystic said:
Need I remind you that you are not STJr., and I'd request that you choose a different name for your project other than SRB3. We get enough retards asking about whether we're making an SRB3 as it is, thanks.

And May I direct you to what I started working on in November.

http://s3dr.tripod.com/id1.html

Mystic said:
Need I remind you that you are not STJr., and I'd request that you choose a different name for your project other than SRB3. We get enough retards asking about whether we're making an SRB3 as it is, thanks.

this looks simply amazing! though I seem to find a hint of Jdoom in it. of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks, Mystic, I'll name it something else. Whatever. I just thought that would attract people. I'm writing my own engine, so it's gonna be a very long time, sorry. But I figured, hey, it'd be fun, and people would like it. I'm making no refrences to SRB2 whatsoever. Nobody need worry about that. So, you all look forward to it. That's good. I'm not sure, Tails will probably be the main character. He's the only one in there so far. (Can't see him in the pic though, and I don't intend on adding more pics.)

One thing I will say, I have it running on my P3 500Mhz and it runs OK, but as soon as the level gets too big it slows down so much, it's not funny. So, it has serious issues. Anywho... That's my (real) bit about it. It may not end up being in c++ at all, that engine has so many problems. I may write in in GM6... LOL... can't imagine that, though... Oh, there are NO FOF's. One HUGE problem. Other than that... it's fun.

EDIT::

Questions!
How'd you make it? Did you make your own engine or use another one?
Will it use the wad format?
Will it play like SRB2?
Why didn't you do it sooner? :P

It will NOT use the wad format, it's not dev-friendly unless I release the source code, which I probably won't.

It WILL play VERY much like SRB2. It WILL NOT be like adventure or heroes. I hate them both compared to SRB2. The levels are VERY open and I am using WAY too many capital words IN THIS PARAGRAPH.

Alright, I don't hate adventure, but I like SRB2 better. :P [/quote]

I'd say which one I like better in terms of offline gameplay but if i did everybody here would beat the crap outta me x_x;

Nice job. For allowing the use of slopes, you now my new 3D fangame god. :roll:

it's not dev-friendly unless I release the source code, which I probably won't.
What good are slopes if we can't use them to make our own levels? If it weren't for the wadding community, SRB2 would likely be less active than it is now.

You're writing your OWN engine? :eek:
How hard is it?
I'm learning programming so I can make my own games. And writing a game engine sounds hard...

How many lines of code did you write to make the engine? O_o
It sounds like it'd be really hard to create a game engine from scratch.

wizset2.png
wizset.png

I see you're using my Green Hill texture set from SFSB/Wizard....

What are you using for a map system?

Adventure rocked. Between it and SRB2, I'd probably go with it, although SRB2 is a lot more moddable.

Any OTHER 3D Sonic game, though, might be a different issue...

Ugh. Looks bad. It's one of those evil 3d slope engines that have already been programmed in mostly, right? You just need to program in speed and all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back