• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

OMG! UR-MOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cy-Chan

I've tried programming my own enemies, so far, I've managed to make an invincible enemy that floats for no reason and you instantly die when you touch it... and it stays that way... the other caused a sigsev... 20 times...

For now, I want to basically make copies of enemies that already exsist... but with different pictures and perhaps 'little' differences. But, I need to know a load of things.

Where do I need to add cases? info.c... info.h I know of... but I think there's somewhere else... right? Also, how to I get the frames to respond to the frames in the gfx file?

One last thing... how do I do multi-hit on enemies? I've so far, found no-one who knows how... not even a441...

Thanks, please help, bye.

Yeah, believe it or not, I've never dealt in multi-hit enemies personally. I'd help, but the only way to find out how Crawla Commander and the Egg Mobiles work is to RTFC (Read The Frustrating Code), which anyone can do. Until 1.09's done, I have more important things to be worrying about.

Funny thing about 1.09. After AJ uploaded 1.08 on January 2, 2004, for the third time, we developers all had a talk. Uploading another 1.08 was out of the question, as enough confusion had been caused already. "Well, I have a brainy idea," I volunteered. "How about we fix all the bugs we see in the next few weeks and then release a 1.09?"

The others typed "/me nods" in approval. A decent plan all around: we'll spend two or three weeks just observing, and fixing those nasty bugs as they come up. Then, a release. Perfect!

39 weeks later, you might think we went overboard. We didn't. Frankly, there is absolutely nothing in 1.09 that was worth waiting nine months for.

Several people asked me along the way what was going to be new in 1.09. My first reply, of course, was a rephrase of the official line: It's a surprise, wait and find out. But then I thought, do we really even have ANYTHING? "Um, uh, CTF might be a little more stable... I think. Unless you try to use split-screen mode. Then it crashes."

The situation is pretty depressing, so if you have to be doing this programming stuff, I'd appreciate if you were low-key about it, and uh, didn't let me find out. It's really demoralising when you work this hard to build something and all anyone wants to do is tear it down so they can reuse the bricks.

Back to reality.

Well, since this place is off-topic, heres a quick question that hopefully no-one has talked about it: what if we start makin how-to's? so everyone won't be rebothered on how to do a simple thing?

YES! OF COURSE THAT WOULD WORK! Oh wait! THERE'S ABOUT ONE PERSON WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO MULTI-HIT ENEMIES! (Goes on shotgun rampage... forumu no baka...)

Why? You created such a stupid topic by such a stupid name. Now you expect it to be intelligent? I could have told you from the very beginning this would happen.

Why would you need to lock your own topic? It hasn't become a flamewar, it's just dumb. Maybe _exceedingly_ dumb, but that's besides the point ^_~

It was dumb from the beginning. Because no one knows how the heck to program... well, very few individuals. I don't actually give a $|-|!-|- if this topic stays open, but no longer does it have any sort of point... so delete it, please...

well for one thing, a topic can't be deleted. If you wanted to be locked, then spam, say swears, do whatever it takes to lock this place up. But you will probably get banned, so thats your problem.

Just start a whole 'nother topic. as to what i was thinking a moment ago.

It's more than possible to delete a topic. I have the power to do that if I want to. However, I think there isn't a good reason to. I do not delete topics that don't NEED to be deleted, so this will serve as an example of the fact that people don't know, so if someone else wants to ask the question and has the brainpower to look through the old topics to see how previous people answered that question, they can find out how the previous one turned out.

a441's post was perfectly on-topic. It was AFTER a441's post that everyone acted retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back