Palmtree Panic Zone 2D: s_palmtreepanic.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME. This level is really impressive!
I'd give it a 10 also. The scenery was amazing and
it is an over-all well designed level. The music was
sweet too. Nice work.

This is the best 2-D level in SRB2 I've ever played. I liked the scenery, and the background was awsome. Now if only there was a good/bad future...

EDIT: After much training, I got through it in 0:23 as Metal Sonic.

ZOMG p0stzorz!

I don't usually post much on the MB, but it would be a crime to pass this by. This is simply the best 2-D style level I have ever played. Period. It was open, long, and the background detail blew my mind. I also liked the classic spin you gave Sonic when he launched off of a spring-that makes this win even more. I really can't describe how to make this better, other than to perhaps add a few more enemies to bop. But other than that, I would definitely like to see more of these!

Edit:If you're going for the classic Sonic level design, you might want to lose the thok next time. But that's just me. ;)

Chaos said:
The screenshots don't serve any justice.
I agree with this. The level looks so much better in motion than it does when you're taking a screenshot. There are a lot of areas with character, but it's just so hard to capture them without spoiling the level for newcomers.

I reiterate:
I said:
However, this level also shows how one should not decorate a level. It was way too lacking in scenery as a whole. Some flowers alone would have definitely added to the visual quality of this. As it stands, it's brown and green with no break. Fix that, and this would be a good level.

That screenshot in the first post shows what's probably the most visually pleasing section of the whole level. It really, really needs work in that front.

After much training, I got through in 0:22 as Metal Sonic! Anyway, Are you going to do Colision Chaos next? *shot*

Oh, I've never had the "invincible against the spikes" glitch... weird.

Wow this level kicks ass. You've done a wonderful job. It looks EXACTLY like Palmtree Panic Round 1 present (but with a mix of 3D). But wait a minute, is that good future music playing?

Chao Freak 1 said:
I don't think so. I think its just the present music from the japanese game, which is MUCH better.

No I think it's the good future music from the Japanese game. I remember that the present music constantly plays the "yeah" sounds and that the good future plays party-like music.

It's the Japan/Europe Present music playing.
Also, Dark Warrior... The reason I didn't put in flowers is this. If there are already flowers everywhere, then what would you have to save by killing the robots?

This level is cool, but I was disappointed that more enemies weren't changed. Why not turn the Buzz into the butterflies (or mosquitoes) from the real PP?

Still, it gives me something to shoot for when I try 2D levels.

OMGNESS!!! This is ppossibaly the most SMOOTHLY put together 2d if not 3D level ever made! =D or at least one of the best I'VE seen! How long did it take you to make this? *gives the most awsomest 2D level reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back