How can I set the follow item's skin?

When I change the character's skin to Tails, the tails do not display. What do I need to do, to get the tails to display?

This is hard to explain in a title. Essentially, I have this idea on creating a "Character Cloning" setup. It's just about done, but I've got a couple major issues.
SOLVED:
1. The character goes through animations too quickly.
UNSOLVED:
2. I can't spawn Tails' followitem.
I've tried adding "followitem = MT_TAILSOVERLAY" in S_SKIN but that didn't work. I'm guessing it wants you to add sprites for that, but I'm trying not to add more sprites than necessary.

(For the setup, I only have LIFE, SIGN, XTRA and a blank STANDA0 in terms of images)

Edit: Here's some more information on what I'm doing.
I'm spawning a dummy player, and having that perform all of the player's actions. It's not perfect, and there's obviously places it won't show up, but it gets the job done more or less.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about fixing the animation speed, but I think you need to include the followitem sprites. I did something where a character could toggle having the tails followitem and it worked when I included the sprites; granted, I didn't try without them, but I imagine it works similarly.

Animation speed was a result of setting the state every frame, regardless of whether or not the frame was correct. So I just added a check for that.

I don't exactly understand why I wouldn't be able to supply the sprites in a similar way to spawning the character though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back