SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #41
Sinny33
Sinny the Fennec is my YT

Give Knuckles the ability to SpinDash while on a wall reference something he is able to do in the Advance Games.
Sinny33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #42
SilverVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny33 View Post
Give Knuckles the ability to SpinDash while on a wall reference something he is able to do in the Advance Games.
that's...actually a really good idea. knuckles is a pretty slow character in general, and i think having an ability like this could speed the pace of his character up.
that and jumping without the camera turn is pretty useless to be honest
SilverVortex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #43
GrayAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny33 View Post
He could do that in the Advance games?
GrayAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #44
Nicholas the Hedgefox
The Mods Wanna Ban Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostiikin View Post
Whether it's a specific new character, loops, a new gameplay mechanic, or anything, regardless of how feasible adding said thing to the game would be or how difficult that would be, what would you add?

I'll start us off. I'd personally add the ability for sprites to use colors outside of the srb2 palette, so that I could hueshift my sprites better lol. Level rendering would still use the palette, so it wouldn't have the problems that truecolor would.

Please note: This is not a wadbegging thread. Please do not use this as a wadbegging thread. This is purely a fun little... thought experiment I guess you'd call it? eh, whatever lol.
It may not be a feature. But i would like to make a easy modder! Where you can make your own character without scripting. And atleast try to add a few custom abiliies thst you can use with custom 1 2 and 3
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #45
Simon_T
Pyro the Setsuna Fan

Super Forms for everyone by default
With a SF_NOSUPER skin flag being used to disable it, instead of a SF_SUPER flag to enable it
This also means Super Tails, Amy & Fang with unique abilities, like the Super Whirlwind Jump from 2.1 Match Super Tails
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #46
CST1229

Default Sonic's only uniqueness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefonster View Post
Right now, it's straightforward to make content exclusive to most characters due to their abilities; for example, breakable floor plus breakable wall for Amy, or a narrow gap plus spikes for Metal Sonic. Sonic is very left out in this regard...
Sonic has 1 thing that separates him from the rest of the cast.

His thok can be executed midair, anytime, anywhere, if you're jumping.
As such, you can make a simple path separator for Sonic by putting a low ceiling first, then a very fast wind sector and a hole in the wall right after with a bit of empty space for thokking, so that you hopefully cannot spindash-jump through.
It could be handwaved with some kind of gel or something.
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #47
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CST1229 View Post
Sonic has 1 thing that separates him from the rest of the cast.

His thok can be executed midair, anytime, anywhere, if you're jumping.
As such, you can make a simple path separator for Sonic by putting a low ceiling first, then a very fast wind sector and a hole in the wall right after with a bit of empty space for thokking, so that you hopefully cannot spindash-jump through.
It could be handwaved with some kind of gel or something.
The point I was making isn't that it's literally impossible to make Sonic-exclusive content. I meant that there's no straightforward simple way to do it that will clearly, inarguably work as intended. What you said doesn't sound like a bad idea on paper, but if you haven't tested it yourself, it's really just a random idea that may or may not work.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #48
CST1229

Quote:
The point I was making isn't that it's literally impossible to make Sonic-exclusive content. I meant that there's no straightforward simple way to do it that will clearly, inarguably work as intended. What you said doesn't sound like a bad idea on paper, but if you haven't tested it yourself, it's really just a random idea that may or may not work.
I actually did test it.

It's in the path selector for all characters WAD I made and posted on my recent Editing thread, so you can go and see how it works exactly.
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #49
Ian the Hedgehog

If I were to add ONE thing... I'd add 2D sections at points where it's just a straight line from one point to another. I WOULD create WADs from inspiration from this thread, but I don't know how to yet... (no wadbegging intended)

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverVortex View Post
that's...actually a really good idea. knuckles is a pretty slow character in general, and i think having an ability like this could speed the pace of his character up.
that and jumping without the camera turn is pretty useless to be honest
Being able to walljump without camera turn is so you can jump over gaps in the wall.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelie View Post
Multiplayer bots. Or more so, bring them back, as it's been attempted before with varying success (mostly clunky, actually).

There is certain potential there, both for practice or for just goofing around when netgames are scarce. Both SRB2 and Kart would benefit from it.
Like Offline Skirmish mode from MM8BDM? Good idea, I wonder if they'll add it in.

Last edited by Ian the Hedgehog; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:15 AM.
Ian the Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #50
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian the Hedgehog View Post
If I were to add ONE thing... I'd add 2D sections at points where it's just a straight line from one point to another. I WOULD create WADs from inspiration from this thread, but I don't know how to yet... (no wadbegging intended).
Then what is the point of making a map in SRB2 and not use a 2D sonic fangame engine? SRB2 has the tools to make even a straight line interesting (or maybe you shouldn't make a level that only consists of straight lines).
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #51
time gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Then what is the point of making a map in SRB2 and not use a 2D sonic fangame engine? SRB2 has the tools to make even a straight line interesting (or maybe you shouldn't make a level that only consists of straight lines).
A 2D engine would force 2D all the time. The idea being presented is just to have 2D sections in areas it would be appropriate. Personally, I think it's a good idea as long as the player can choose to take another path and isn't forced to do 2D sections if they don't want to.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #52
rocklight124
You should train some more

Give us a manual Spindash. Like the Classic games. And Bonus stages at Checkpoints Like in Sonic 3K and Mania.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #53
Nicholas the Hedgefox
The Mods Wanna Ban Me!

Maybe taunts, When your playing against people on Match, it can be fun to just start taunting them!
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #54
SilverVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklight124 View Post
Give us a manual Spindash. Like the Classic games. And Bonus stages at Checkpoints Like in Sonic 3K and Mania.
what would be the point of a classic spindash? if anything, it would just make the game worse, since it wouldn't be cancellable with a jump. why would you want that?
SilverVortex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #55
Ackeneister
A SRB2 Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas the Hedgefox View Post
Maybe taunts, When your playing against people on Match, it can be fun to just start taunting them!
I think that was already a feature in 1.09.4, if I remember correctly.
Now known as exe.kniDykniByknitS, because Spooktober!
Ackeneister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #56
MRoach
íReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackeneister View Post
I think that was already a feature in 1.09.4, if I remember correctly.
It was, and I don't remember what it did, but it might just type something in the chat like "name taunted".
What I can recall is it having sounds for custom characters.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #57
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklight124 View Post
I disagree about the manual spindash, it wouldn't work in 3D as the down key is for going backward (even Adventure 1 changed the spindash because they knew).

As for the S3&K bonus stages I'm all for it.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #58
rocklight124
You should train some more

I know of the problems, but then you could go max speed quickly. Maybe they could give it a second input to fix jump issues
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #59
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I disagree about the manual spindash, it wouldn't work in 3D as the down key is for going backward (even Adventure 1 changed the spindash because they knew).

As for the S3&K bonus stages I'm all for it.
A manual spindash could in fact be implemented in SRB2 by making it by pressing spin + jump instead of down + jump. I believe there's a mod that does exactly that.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #60
Hacker 101
....wut

Quote:
A manual spindash could in fact be implemented in SRB2 by making it by pressing spin + jump instead of down + jump. I believe there's a mod that does exactly that.
cd sonic has that mechanic aka manual spindash