Editing SRB2 with Game Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that you can edit SRB2 with the SOC editor but can you edit it just as easily with a game engine? I think it would be awesome to play from finish to start.

What on Earth are you talking about? Do you mean editing the source code? It's completely unclear what you're talking about here.

Superutails is saying if he could edit the game engine like with something similar as SOCEdit. (Except it would edit the actual ENGINE.)

Maybe he's talking about something editing SRB2 with something like The Games Factory or Klick and Play?

If that's the case, no you can't. Otherwise, I have no clue what you're asking either.

No you couldn't, because this game was not programmed in blender. It was hard coded in C, so you're going to need to go into the code itself if you want to edit the game.

That page says Blender is written in C++. C++ is a programming language, not a game engine. Tons of things are written in C++, including a large amount of games and other commercial software. That doesn't mean they work together in any way.

SRB2 is coded in C, based off the Doom Legacy engine. In order to edit SRB2 beyond SOCs and WADs, you will need to learn how to write C code.

Sure, make a video of yourself playing and reverse it, just like they did. I really don't understand what on Earth you're going on about. None of your posts make any sense at all.

I don't mean that but an actual game. You start the game at the "end" and then go backwards to the "start". Good is bad, up is down, left is right, and forward is backward.

You do realize that "start" and "end" are relative terms, and therefore no matter how you set up the game, you start the game at the beginning?

Again, I have no idea what you're trying to actually say. Your posts do not make any sense at all.

Just imagine that you were playing a video game only backwards. Naturally things would be different. Like if you cross a ring, you could lose rings but getting hit could make you gain rings, and of course you'd be running backwards.

No. Really, no. It is no fun at all to defeat a boss just by letting him hit you, for example. It is also no fun to swap the controls, but if you wanted to, you could just set them up this way in the options menu. And it would be simply too easy if everything that hurts you would give you rings. RVZ would be a cakewalk, for example. Simply breaking all of the game's mechanics on purpose would result in an absolute mess.

There could be good stuff that could kill you. Like if the boss gave you 100 rings and once you get 1 ring over 99 you die, so you need to find rings to lose rings.

No offense, but I really think that's the worst idea I've ever heard. Powerups are designed to give the player a buff. If you get hit by the enemy's attack you are hurt. These are basic assumptions of pretty much every video game ever made. You could make a game where you have resource management, and the boss throws out items that if you collect too many of, you lose, but that's not Sonic the Hedgehog.

It would if everything started going backwards. You see everything started by The Big Bang and everything started going forward and things would be added into the universe like stars and planets. In The Big Crunch everything starts going backwards and taking things out of the universe. Naturally everything would be opposite but that's life in a shrinking universe.

But unfortunately, this has absolutely nothing at all to do with Sonic the Hedgehog. And just because the universe might start to shrink in the future (which is just one theory out of many), that doesn't mean all physical laws are reversed.

superutails said:
Soviet Russia Blast? No?

Seriously, does nobody remember? Rings collect Sonic, Monitors make Sonic explode into a pile of blood (but not his shoes)?

Soviet Russia Blast? No?

Seriously, does nobody remember? Rings collect Sonic, Monitors make Sonic explode into a pile of blood (but not his shoes)?
Oh i remember JTE's mod.
And to answer the only way to edit SRB2 is SOCedit , WADing or editing the source code (if you can code in C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back