• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
I want my own miscellany topic too. :c This will mostly be silly Lua experiments, although I might occasionally post about a level here too (if it's not going into the OLDC, since there's another thread for those).

ImpressiveSnoopyCanadagoose.gif

Similar to the Brak Missile gimmick, except a lot more loose and environment-based. Thermal updrafts like those in the GIF are required to gain any height, and momentum adjustment is very floaty, leading to a challenge of momentum control in the right spots.

DishonestDentalDutchsmoushond.gif

You all know what these are. It's just physics/midtexture trickery, though, sorry. These are very early in development and I haven't been motivated to work on them lately, since I don't have any ideas for stuff to do with them.

SpicyAssuredBudgie.gif

(The above is a VERY old gif.)

That thing you guys'll be seeing in a couple weeks. 2D mode with NiGHTS axes. Pac made the original script and we've been working together on it, along with a level to showcase it with. Once the OLDC goes into voting, this will see a public release.

Last edited:
ImpressiveSnoopyCanadagoose.gif

Similar to the Brak Missile gimmick, except a lot more loose and environment-based. Thermal updrafts like those in the GIF are required to gain any height, and momentum adjustment is very floaty, leading to a challenge of momentum control in the right spots.

I really like that updraft mechanic. Reminds me of the Deku Leaf from The Wind Waker. It's a pretty nice spin on the old Hang Gliders.

I like Axis2D the most. It basically means we can make our own version of Sky Sanctuary and have that bit at the end where you run up a crumbling, spiral staircase. And it's execution seems far more polished compared to a certain other version I saw where Sonic moved too fast for the camera.

regarding your slope experiment, SRB2 needs its stair physics fixed as if you go too fast up them you stop as if you slam into a wall, too fast down them and you fly off them. It's why Knuckles stops on a dime when trying to go back up the quarter pipe.

I discovered this with my Slopes that worked perfectly in 2.0.6, but became broken in 2.1 with that physics thing.

Personally, I'd like to see more from this experiment even if it goes no further than half-pipes.

Last edited:
Slopes and 2dAxis? Mind FUCKING blown. Keep it up! It looks great.

Also, the Slopes can be used for this:
sonic2-01.jpeg

regarding your slope experiment, SRB2 needs its stair physics fixed as if you go too fast up them you stop as if you slam into a wall, too fast down them and you fly off them. It's why Knuckles stops on a dime when trying to go back up the quarter pipe.
No, actually, the "slopes" are single sectors with all the positioning handled through Lua. Knuckles stopping on a dime was due to a bug with how I was handling momentum vectoring. I think the last thing I did to the script was fix that, actually.

Finally. Hang Gliders done right. I assume the only thing you need to do before submitting this as a resource is to make sprites and bug test it?
Pretty much. BASH sprites actually work somewhat well as placeholders, so I may just throw those in and let people switch them out if they want to.

SpicyAssuredBudgie.gif

(The above is a VERY old gif.)

That thing you guys'll be seeing in a couple weeks. 2D mode with NiGHTS axes. Pac made the original script and we've been working together on it, along with a level to showcase it with. Once the OLDC goes into voting, this will see a public release.

If I had any mapping skills I'd probably use this plus a boost mod to make Sonic Generations levels for SRB2... too bad I would have no clue what I was doing what-so-ever (In other words, my god why isn't this in the game this is such an epic idea even if it may be old as far as I know).

It might make it into either 2.1.9 or 2.2, depending on if I can figure out how to make it~

Speaking of...

b4AlGhT.png

I've added a new Lua hook for player messages that will most likely be going into 2.1.9. Here's the sample script shown up there, so you guys know what's going on:

Code:
addHook("PlayerMsg", function(source, msgtype, target, message)
    print(("Player %s posted message \x82%s\x80 of type %s"):format(source.name, message, ({"say", "sayteam", "sayto", "csay"})[msgtype+1]))
    if message:sub(1, 1) == "!" then
        return true
    end
end)

No, actually, the "slopes" are single sectors with all the positioning handled through Lua. Knuckles stopping on a dime was due to a bug with how I was handling momentum vectoring. I think the last thing I did to the script was fix that, actually.
Really now? My slopes are manually placed sectors. Mostly premade for certain angles and physics applied only for the 45 degree angle so far. No higher angle has been made yet. (these will be on display soon in the OLDC)

Though I think you may have something better.

Could your script do regular slopes too?

Last edited:
At the moment it's only coded for half-pipes, but the code's designed to make adding normal slopes to the mix later as easy as possible.

CautiousExcitableCoral.gif
SickSlightGalapagospenguin.gif

iQhSH5T.png
I made a flashlight! Unfortunately it's really really laggy so I don't think it'll see any use. :( (If the big screenshot doesn't make sense at first glance, there's a Tails bot shining a flashlight onto Sonic.)

Last edited:
30% Scary.
70% Unbelievable.
100% Awesome.

Seriously, this is really cool. I don't know what you are planning to do with this thing, but maybe this can propel some creepy levels. At night. With the flashlight.

Slender Robo Blast 2, anyone?

QXlbqQB.png

I'm working on a level, with ACZ textures 'cus I love ACZ's textures. (Ignore the midtextures on the ceiling. I fixed those right after I took the screenshot :x)

joyqut.gif

Your rope hangs are bugged out yo.

Last edited:
RedEnchilada is a good friend of mine, and by "good friend" I mean that I steal his stuff when he posts it on IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back