how do i make so addons dont deactivate

pico_1201

I don't want my addons to deactivate every time I close the game, so I was wondering if there is a way to make so they don't. thank you

1. Open a text editor on your computer like Notepad.

2. In the new text file, type out:
addfile (the exact name of the mod.pk3/lua/whatever)
make line breaks with the enter key if you want to add more.

3. Instead of saving the file normally, use the "Save As" function and name the file "Autoexec.cfg".

Move the newly created autoexec.cfg to your SRB2 folder, and the game will automatically load whatever mods you typed in it on startup, as long as that file's in your SRB2 folder.

Hope this helps!

You need to prefix the lines with "+", like this:
Code:
+addfile V_PVPalette-v2.1.pk3
+addfile VCL_ModernSonic-v4.pk3
+addfile VCL_NeoSonic-v2.0.pk3
+addfile VCL_Werehog-v1.3.2.pk3
 +addfile VCL_Yoshi-v1.3.3.pk3
The reason why is because "-" denotes a command-line parameter and "+" denotes a console command. The game's looking for a parameter or command to execute, but fails to do so for that command because it cannot find either of those symbols.

Last edited:
You need to prefix the lines with "+", like this:
Code:
+addfile V_PVPalette-v2.1.pk3
+addfile VCL_ModernSonic-v4.pk3
+addfile VCL_NeoSonic-v2.0.pk3
+addfile VCL_Werehog-v1.3.2.pk3
 +addfile VCL_Yoshi-v1.3.3.pk3
The reason why is because "-" denotes a command-line parameter and "+" denotes a console command. The game's looking for a parameter or command to execute, but fails to do so for that command because it cannot find either of those symbols.

IIRC autoexec.cfg is console commands. I think the +es are for command line parameters where you enter console commands.

Make sure the file is named "autoexec.cfg" (the EXTENSION must be .cfg, make sure of that if your system is not set to display file extensions) and that this file is located in the same place where srb2win.exe is running.

By the way, the + and - prefixes are only for parameters when the game is being launched through command line (like terminal (cmd)) or you're making a batch file to run the game.
+ denotes a console variable/command to cast on launch, and - denotes program parameters.
These are not to be used for console scripts like autoexec.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back