The Unofficial November-January Character Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, i've been thinking about why there is no OCDC yet, this would give some people an opportunity to make their best characters to be judged and gave great critisism from others. So I'm attempting to hold my own, hence why it's the "Unofficial" Character Design Contest. Now here are the guidelines:

1. It must be a complete character WAD (No frames missing, besides the Super Transform frames)
2. It must have not been released before, but you may make a topic to post progress, but no alpha releases on the MB.
3. It should have some form of playability to it. (Not horridly under/over powered)
4. You may either use Super or Ability frames for the U-Z frames.

Well, the contest starts today, seeing as 3 months may not be enough for some.

If you feel like submitting something, here's what to do:
1. When your character is finished, send it to my email.
2. Wait until Feburary for the voting to start
3. At the end of Feburary I will tally up the scores and the winner shall be decided.

Now, to kick off this contest, I am also making a character. So fire up those engines and let's start this!

My email is Scizor300@gmail.com

Last edited:
I think we've tried something like this before, it didn't work too well. Character progress and quality is really super dependent on the wad maker, and unlike levels, you can't really stop midway through and submit it as playable content.

But if it went on for four months, I bet some people will forget what they are doing or scrap it/update it/ETC.

And the OLDC has its own forum section now.

This isn't official, so it wouldn't go in there.
Anyways, yeah, like everyone said, character WADs would take months (even years for some people) to create and make good. It's fairly hard to actually rate a playable character out of ten, which is another problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back