PlayStation 3 Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
I know several of you already know, but for those who don't...

Today a new model of PS3, CECH2001A, was announced. It features a new look, as well as a 120GB HDD and a Bravia Sync. It goes for $299.

The current models, CECHL01 (80GB), and CECHP01 (160GB) have officially been discontinued, but while supplies last, their prices have dropped $100 each. Now they go for $299 and $399 respectively.

So what do you guys think?

Here's some person from Sony said.

Do we need to stop yapping about backwards compatibility?

"It's not coming back, so let me put that on the table," Koller says with an air of finality. But it's all people ever talk about!
"It's not as big as a purchase intent driver as you may be hearing," he claimed. "We've got such a substantial lineup of titles on the PS3; most people are buying the PS3 for PS3 games. They've buying it for PS3 games and Blu-ray movies."
"That won't be returning," he repeats.

Let's wait for further announcements at TGS.

Here's some person from Sony said.

Do we need to stop yapping about backwards compatibility?

"It's not coming back, so let me put that on the table," Koller says with an air of finality. But it's all people ever talk about!
"It's not as big as a purchase intent driver as you may be hearing," he claimed. "We've got such a substantial lineup of titles on the PS3; most people are buying the PS3 for PS3 games. They've buying it for PS3 games and Blu-ray movies."
"That won't be returning," he repeats.

Let's wait for further announcements at TGS.

Their "substantial lineup" is great and all, but that lineup doesn't include the GTA trilogy, TimeSplitters, the first three MGS games, Okami, God Hand, SSX, Resident Evil 4, the list goes on. Leaving it out is a serious blow, whether you already have a PS2 or not.

Well most of the PS1 classics are avaliabe for download like MGS, FFVII, RES1, 2 (I Think).

I guess the real translation is "If you want a PS2, buy a PS2."

The Wii has the best backwards compatibility out of the the current 3 consoles. Also, i'm glad that the PS3 Slim is only $300. I'm so getting one for christmas this year.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, every PS3 has PSX compatibility

Not really. Well, sort of. Many people have told me many games glitch and freeze at certain parts of the game so...
Originally Posted by RedFire
The Wii has the best backwards compatibility out of the the current 3 consoles.
Yeah, but it has the weakest lineup of games, no question
Well, I'm not going to get in a console war right now lol.

I don't really like how PS3 slim looks ugly and it removes some awesome features.

The logic makes no sense to me. You're not getting a PS3 simply because it won't play PS2 games? I'm not getting a PS3 Slim mainly because I already have a PS3. I'm not getting a DSi because I already have a DS.

I don't own a PS3 to begin with. However, i'd rather get the PS3 Slim over the PS3 80GB mainly because it looks cool and I don't care much for the "Install Other OS" feature.

Also, to what Bigboi said, the Wii has Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, The Conduit, MadWorld, Resident Evil 4 and Boom Blox + all the new games that were anounced at E3 2009 for the Wii such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and more.

I wouldn't call that a weak lineup.

Last edited:
I don't own a PS3 to begin with. However, i'd rather get the PS3 Slim over the PS3 80GB mainly because it looks cool and I don't care much for the "Install Other OS" feature.

Also, to what Bigboi said, the Wii has Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, The Conduit, MadWorld, Resident Evil 4 and Boom Blox + all the new games that were anounced at E3 2009 for the Wii such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and more.

I wouldn't call that a weak lineup.

Weak third-party lineup.

well i have you there

Wii's got the gamecube lineup, which is pretty substantial, when you consider that people bought the cube for just three games anyway.

PS3 slim is going for 450 or something in Australia though, they always seem to get the short end of the stick.

As a PS3 owner, I've got to say that the lineup of games isn't particularly interesting, simply because I can play it on the 360 or the PC anyway. The exclusives that it does have are pretty good though, but I'm usually either folding at home or playing blu-rays.

Weak third-party lineup.

well i have you there

Sonic Unleashed. Muramasa, More sonic games,Everything Sega has, Tri hunter 3. Resident Evil, SVSR, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, World of goo, Monkey island, those 5 episodes things, No more heroes, Spirderman, Guitar Hero,Rock band, Some other stuff.

I knew the PS3 slim was coming, and I'm glad it's here. That said, I suddenly lost any desire I have for a PS3. Maybe when it drops to the PS2's current $100 dollar price point?
Weak third-party lineup.
The Rayman Raving Rabbids series and Blast Works: BTD come to mind, and Red Steel 2 looks good too, though it's not out yet. Although personally, I would've said weak first party lineup. Where's Custom Robo Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back