Sonic at the Disco (Match/Tag)

How is the map lighting? (128 currently)

• Make it brighter! (160+)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make it darker! (below 128)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Well, one day I decided that I was going to experiment with colormaps and lighting. Before you is the result.

This map is equipped with a dancing stage, a disco ball, and enough flashing lights to make this map come with an epilepsy warning. You must use the lighting to your advantage to hide from the rail-snipers. Darkness is your friend...

This is a Rail/Bomb map with two spawns of each, alternating in the map's corners. All players will want to make sure they don't stay too long out in the open, as they feel like being filled full of holes with rail-bomb shrapnel.

*NOTE* This map replaces MAP95 (Midnight Abyss Zone) *NOTE*

Screenshot:

Across the dance floor:

No... there are no more screenshots...

*Known Issue* The lights do not flash in OpenGL. I changed to an animated flat to give the illusion of "flashing" in OpenGL. For the full lighting experience of the map, I suggest you play in Software using SRB2WIN, or use PrettySRB2/SRB2JTE in OpenGL.

*NOTE* Lighting is currently at 128 across the map. Please answer the poll above and tell me what you think about it.

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ww88q0

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Meh, I guess its a mixing of two eras that probably shouldn't get mixed. :|

Unfortunately for my lighting experiment, it had to be done. Just be glad I'm no good at spriting, or you can pretty much guarantee Sonic would be out on that dance floor. :)

Jazz said:
Just be glad I'm no good at spriting, or you can pretty much guarantee Sonic would be out on that dance floor. :)

Don't give me ideas please. I couldn't resist.

Honestly, it's too dark to have a good match. Most of the time you don't even know where anybody is. It's no good if a five-minute match ends with the winning person scoring 50 points.

Mint to the rescue! I don't want to be called Segpoop anymore =(((((((( just regular poop.
First of all, I liked it, but boring nonetheless. Also, you should use the music from Wizard's disco stage. It fits right in.

I just got back from orientation, read all the posts and I compiled a good ol' list of improvements:

• * Make the level brighter

* Add more flashing lights :wink:

* Add better music (I know the music was phail, I didn't have anything good to add) :|

* More obstacles

* Dancing Sonic (when my spriting improves)

Thanks for your time and suggestions. I appreciate it. :)

Waka Laka makes my head hurt... :|

Jman said:
Nice map. You should throw in the "I like to Move it!" song.

"I like to move it" is a better choice in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back