SRB2 Christmas/Easter feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seelkadoom

Fear my(Sonic)Spice Powers!
In the successful 1.09.4 version of SRB2, there was a nice feature which name i don't remember (it's name was something .dll) that made the whole game be modified in both Christmas version, and Easter version (Egg hunt). Since 2.0 version was released, this feature was removed. I want to know if you're going to put it again (but now updated) in 2.1 version, because once you find all emblems and unlock everything, the game starts to be boring (no offense). What i mean to be updated, is because on version 1.09.4, the current levels only was modified it's source, and on easter mode, only was added the easter eggs. What i really mean, it was for example: on easter mode, a new character was added to game, and all the levels was changed, and the final boss should be an evil force who hide all the easter eggs around the world, and only with Super Sonic and the new character' power, he could be defeated. And in christmas mode, (another example) should have the game's introduction altered, as in a Christmas WAD, which name i don't remember. In the christmas version, Eggman should be tired of having his plans ruined for one day, and in this day the "frostys" gain life and attack everyone. But i only wished to know if the Christmas/Easter feature will be added in 2.1 version.

As much as I miss Christmas mode, your Easter suggestion is just plain too much for an extra mode, and the developers would likely not give that much of a shit to code/map it all when they haven't even finished DCZ or GEZ, or just the main game in general.

The system clock based features are not coming back. There are a ton of reasons for this, but the best reason is that they simply weren't all that well-liked. Constant issues with the feature in netplay, along with the feature not being all that interesting to begin with, lead to a general hate of the feature among a significant portion of the community, myself included. I'd actually been on a crusade to remove Christmas mode for the better part of 5 years at that point.

If you want such a feature to return, my suggestion is that you make a mod to do it, but considering the history of how awful those have been in the past, I really don't recommend it.

I think as Last year has shown, a mod that restored Christmas mode was already released. Though the mod that it came bundled with had to be canned.

Yes, mods to restore these functions to those who want them would be for the best.
Although I gotta say, I enjoyed hunting for the easter eggs. There are just so many places for them to be hidden in the levels. I like the emblems, but having to search for even more stuff was just fun, to me.

I personally don't object to the idea of having more hidden stuff someday, but we won't be doing it by the system clock.

Easter eggs was pretty much like searching for emblems anyway. For the developers, it can be hard enough to find good locations on emblems for every new version.

Since there's no more BMZ2, is there a possibility for there to be a Christmas level in Secrets then?
(move to suggestions if necessary, just thought this would be a good time to say it)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2jzc7r

Here's at least what I'd expect IF Xmas mode came back. Though the flowers and bushes would turn snowy too, I just didn't bother unfortunately. Also the red spring at the end should be under the ice but I put it above for any characters who can't get of of the lake.

Last edited:
I would have expected that sort of thing for a Chirstmas as well, though it would be cool if GFZ was designed so that in Chirstmas the level layout would be different. But I know that won't happen for a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back