SRB2 2D

who wants me to

• no i dont

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine didnt really suck, *coughcomparedtotheothergamesthatimadecough* so uh... yeah no suckyness involved, just...... Anyways nice game (to maker of SRB2 ADVANCED who i forgot) what you need is self decceleration if you hold back ACTUALLY slow down. and make the spindash glow transparent

This is great, you managed to make it so that skidding is less needed. The ring loss system is better and I'm oh, so loving the 360 Engine. (I honestly wish I had the source code to that, I would never close MMF if I had it..) Overall, this is honestly wonderful, great job.

And there should be a Cream WAD for SRB2 sometime.

Meh.
I had something more to say, but you don't want to hear about it, I'm sure. I've been helping a bit with this too, though you probably haven't seen me doing so.

Jason the Echidna said:
I had something more to say, but you don't want to hear about it, I'm sure. I've been helping a bit with this too, though you probably haven't seen me doing so.

I would like to hear it.

He told me everything about it in IRC about what he didn't like and junk. He's a tough critic. He stares at the smallest detail to see if it's good or bad, like if the numbers at the top-left are allined correctly.

I'm not sure if he is, but he's my "beta tester" now. Next demo shall be to Jason's liking.

Is this a good Tails Doll sprite sheet?

tailsdollbattle1lc.png

I still don't like the fact that there are apparently going to be a million characters included, where SRB2 has only 3... It would be far better to use a series of folders with external images and merely program in the abilitys and somehow have new skins able to be added via an ini file or something like that. Just having the complete lack of external maps, characters, and the graphics for which... in a game that's SUPPOSED to mimic SRB2... It's not the same at all...

Not to mention the slopes, which really shouldn't exist other then the occasional ramp leading to springs or sparingly loop-de-loops. There should only be a max of 4 or 5 loops in a map, though, and those are the larger ones (on the scale of Angel Island 2), usually paired up together...

But I doubt you have the skill to design an external system in MMF... That's okey, I guess... I doubt you'd be able to add netplay either... :(

I prefer to add all of the characters that I want first, so that alining them won't be a problem if I put them in a folder instead. Tailsonic has the skills of telling me how to add characters from the folder though. Any level suggestions should really go to him, since he's the one who's basicly doing the levels.

How's this for an updated SRB2 ADV?
advancedsrb22hp.png

Oh wow, fancey sky, fixed hud, very interesting. :roll:
By the way, you're still not mimicing the HUD that SRB2 uses, instead making your own HUD and calling it the same thing... What's with the numbers being so far away? Surely you don't need THAT much space for the time, and the score number is just ... drifting off in space somewhere...

:eek:

MAKE IT 2D!?!?!?!?! FOR ****ING PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO WAIT LONG FOR IT TO DOWNLOAD!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU ON!?

1. GET A ****ING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER OR:
2. GET ****ING BROADBAND! DUH!

Phew!

I didn't understand a single word that newbie said...

I forgot to make the numbers be closer before taking that screenshot. I already fixed them. Next I'll add lives. Also I won't add an emblem for every single character. Just for the first 5 characters. You know, since there isn't enough hiding places here >.>

Now someone should make it REALLY in GBA, as there is almost too much progress to transfer.

Whatever happened to SV4 anyway...?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I didn't understand a single word that newbie said...
Mentioning the fact that someone is a newbie holds no sway in an argument.

furyhunter600 said:
Now someone should make it REALLY in GBA, as there is almost too much progress to transfer.

Whatever happened to SV4 anyway...?

People looked at Epoch GBA and noticed how crappy the engine was. They then went to the server that hosted SV4 and burned it down. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back