Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to play it in early november (like the 5th or so) at GameStop. I played Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt with someone else. GOODNESS!!! IT IS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! It sounds like a jukebox, light as a feather, and lights like no other portable.

Sonicandtails218 said:
You know, it's only a matter of time before a hentai dating sim comes along for it. I mean come on, a touch screen? That is begging for a game like that.

Heh, I'm sure there will be some released over in Japan, but there is no chance that they'd ever be released in America.

Sure there would, as soon as they make flash carts and emulators for it, people will get the rom and translate it :P

Shadow hog and Jetcrazy...don't mind a441. He's been an ass lately so don't take it personally.

Just played it. :D But of course my stupid dad would not buy it for me.:evil: The little intro movies for Metroid are awesome. And its so light and compact, it will fit very easily into any pocket.

I played my friends' today...
It's so freaking awesome! I played Mario 64 DS and you could move around using either the touch screen or the D-pad ^^. And I could actually see the screen :o! The SP screen always reflected so horribly x.x.
One problem, though.. 3D games were not meant to be played with a D-pad.. it was really hard to control mario as he moved around like a fat drunken plumber.

That's why you use the thumb strap. :P

I found Mario 64 DS to be hella fun so far. I've barely even gotten far; 9 stars I think. But just in those 9 stars I've dealt with so many minor game changes that I'm satisfied this will offer enough new stuff to keep me interested all the way through. Or at least until I buy Feel the Magic in two weeks.

a441, what do you have against the DS? I didn't buy one at launch, but I sure as hell can understand the urge to. None of your posts in this topic are remotely related to the topic at hand, and all of them are you bitching about something.

Stop. As I've said to just about all of the n00bs, you have been warned.

i pretended to be sick just to count my saved up change and see if i had enough $$$. i couldnt get it at the launch, so i'll get it today, ds here i come! :D

So, not allowed to dissent, am I?

Providing a different viewpoint isn't bitching. When people are obsessing over a brand name, it can't hurt to remind them it is still possible not to fall for this stuff. I was the same way about the Game Boy Color and Advance when they came out. Now look at those products: mundane, even hated, because they're not the Next Big Thing anymore.

So there's a shiny new game system to waste money on. Big deal. In a couple years you'll be selling them for scrap so you can buy a DS2.

Now if there were more people around who hadn't lost perspective in the face of the hype, maybe I'd keep that opinion to myself.

(Note: Anyone who isn't Mystic, I love you, and the preceding wasn't meant to offend you in any way.)

You have a weird way of looking at life a441. Thats how things are in this world. We are always trying to improve ways of life. Like video game systems. If you want to stay with your old GameBoy thats fine but im looking towards the future.

But you haven't said a single thing the entire topic, a441. I don't care if you don't like the system. You can post that. But you need to post reasons and support for that. I don't mind healthy argument about the system, but just saying everyone who buys it is a gullible idiot really doesn't say anything except incite flames. Flamebaiting is an activity that I will take administrative action against.

And I'll have you know that the Game Boy Advance is NOT mundane and hated, and it has long since become technologically out of date. I love that thing and own over 20 games for it. I still have my older Game Boys, and they often get used as well. I still enjoy a lot of my old technology, particularly the SNES, and it has long since become extinct. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's bad. If after time the system appears to be a piece of crap like the N-Gage was, then you have a full license to say it was hype, but at this point there really isn't any way to know. If you're going to mention it and dissent, then say "We don't really know if it's any good until it's been out a while." instead of "Yeah, you and a few hundred thousand (million?) other gullible consumers." We don't need unproductive comments like that here.

I havent even finished the original Mario 64 100%. i had some missed stars, less than 5 I'm sure. Also in rom since i never got the N64, but you wouldnt care. Anyways playing with Yoshi first is kinda nifty. Only true Mario lovers will stick with Mario once unlocked.

That's when I would buy it if I wanted to, a441. When the prices go down, and all the games come out so there's no more sleepless nights waiting for a new game to come out.
The only reasons that I wouldn't buy it are I don't have any money, and I'm not crazy about the video game universe.

I really want the system too (really alot for the downloading games thingy :) ), but I simply don't have the money.

I got it before it came out at EB, But I cant get it untell they get more DS in the mail, so Im waiting. What I want to know about is the internet thing they have on there, can you relay be a thousand miles away to connect with someone via wi-fi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back