How do you play srb2 on your PSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

I downloaded srb2 from the official site on my PSP but I don't know where or how to access the game at. Could someone plaese help me out?

SRB2's PSP port does not currently exist. It's being very slowly worked on, but it's a very low-interest project, and probably won't be done for years.

Let me get this straight. You downloaded the full SRB2 windows binary onto your PSP and hoped it would magically work?

Sonict said:
I bet he did. You need to know if you can run homebrew first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_homebrew <-- Check that about and be careful. Once I know you can run homebrew, then SRB2 on PSP is possible. I have actually got a PSP port of SRB2 working by helping Alam debug the thing. However, it is very laggy and slow I am afraid.
So thats why you got angry when i tried to help another member with a PSP Srb2 game, because the ports dont exist, at least not yet.
(so thats why its so laggy on my PSP)

See i was able to put windows xp onto my PSP so it could maybe support Srb2.... it worked but it was super laggy......

We are not getting back into this NDS discussion. There are other threads about that. Please search and read them.

Hey, does anybody have the specs for WAD? Somebody could go and make a simpler version of SRB2 for those consoles. Would lack a lot of features and probably would get outdated soon with 1.1, but at least it would do the job. And it would be adapted for them, so there would be less slow down.

Yea SRB2 on the PSP would be cool and all, but...
forget the PSP! The DS is so much better because homebrew is so much easier to run.

(I still say SRB2 could be easily ported to the DS because prboom was and I play it all the time on the DS.)

Oh well, let STJR finish the main game first before trying to port it, or play it on a laptop if you want to make it portable. lol.

Sonictm. Did you even read what I said? Please re-read and search on this forum. There has been other threads about why SRB2 on NDS is impossible.

Porting SRB2 to the NDS is next to imposable, it would require a extremely Modded DsDooM and even if it was done it would be really laggy with no netplay, End of story.

Edit: Sonict i did that to help get your point across.
2nd edit:i meant Sonict NOT sonictm

like Sonict said. my psp can't play homebrew and zelda I saw doom 2 on the NDS. So you can make a port for the NDS.

steveb96 said:
like Sonict said. my psp can't play homebrew and zelda I saw doom 2 on the NDS. So you can make a port for the NDS.

... I really don't understand why you guys continue to say that. You know what? You guys mention even once more about porting SRB2 to the DS and I will lock this. I had enough of telling people who can't seem to get my statements imbedded in their heads.

SRB2 will never, ever be ported to the NDS! That is my final say on this matter. Please read and stop it.

Ash said:
Uh, okay, we get it. Just because it wont be ported doesn't mean it can't, though.
DS doesn't have enough memory to even let it play. End of story.
PSP can't run it at much more than five frames per second, and that's pretty much unplayable for a game like SRB2.

Sonict said:
steveb96 said:

... I really don't understand why you guys continue to say that. You know what? You guys mention even once more about porting SRB2 to the DS and I will lock this. I had enough of telling people who can't seem to get my statements imbedded in their heads.

SRB2 will never, ever be ported to the NDS! That is my final say on this matter. Please read and stop it.
Be more direct: SRB2 will never be ported to any console. Period. And actually, the only reason you can play it outside Windows is because it comes with the source code, otherwise most likely SRB2 would be Windows-only. End of discussion, STJr doesn't want to port SRB2 to other platforms than the ones it currently supports, at least for 1.1.

Sik said:
The Dark Fox said:
It's ported to the Dreamcast.
That was back in 1.08, and as far as I know, it's buggy. That port was removed after that version.
LIES!, the SRB2DC port still works, I just stop compiling for it and placing the binaries in a public place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back