Suggestions

For a final boss entrance, it would be cool. Like in the previous act, you start from the top, and the boss is at the end. Or something.

Server-side scripting...

Let us have more power over things, I want to be able to freeze people using admin commands and have a custom scoreboard!
As well as that, it could be very interesting for making a server something worth going on, such as having your score being added to your previous scores in that server so you can redeem it for crap (hats? XD). It could be abused, but considering the people that would abuse it wouldn't have the knowledge of how to even use the system...

Make it so that Bustable/spin/breakable/crumbling blocks will not respawn until the player is out of the exact area that the blocks would take up when they respawn, so that players do not die from blocks respawning in the exact place they are...

And maybe you could add a 2D Green Hill Zone as an unlockable level, and maybe add the enemies that were in the real version from Sonic 1 in it too.

Kaysakado said:
Endless falling, basically. Like say you placed one portal on the ceiling and another portal right below it on the ground.

Sector A. Sector Type 975. Sector Tag 1.
Sector B (control sector) has two control linedefs:
Linedef Type 97. Sector Tag 1.
Linedef Type 104. Sector Tag 1. Block Monsters, No Climb, and Passuse flags all checked.
Teleport Destination Thing. Place it very close to the ceiling.

We just need something else for the Teleportation Linedef's effect to make this more realistic. A flag (preferably Upper Unpegged) that tells it not reset the falling speed. And I would want that flag option.

Spiked rings sound good (a ring that continues living after hitting an enemy :O). As for your winged ring idea, I think it would be cooler if you could control it similar to controlling missiles in StarFox: Assault -- A first or third person view of the winged ring, and you control its direction. This direction is interrupted when hit by something, and the ring just vanishes as if it were collected. I don't know what the speed would be, though.

If this hasn't been suggested already (and I can't be bothered to read all 100+ pages to find out if it has), hows about an invisible FOF that blocks all members of a particular team? Preferably to be used near spawn points, so that you can spawn without fear of camping. I suppose you could also use it to allow a team to access hidden passages inside its own base, but that really isn't what I'm after.

In short, I play too much Team Fortress 2.

Trigger linedef executor when a platform falls (exactly, when it hits a sector while falling). For example, this would be cool to make some small pieces appear (making it look like it crashed).

A FOF that fades away as you step on it, like a falling platform, but once its gone, you just fall down.

A NiGHTS Zone. Not just an Act. An entire Zone, with two normal Acts and a boss.
Platforms that shrink when you step on it untill it disappears.

Fix OpenGL Translucent FOFs. Also remove OpenGL fading for level warping and cut scenes and such, that or fix it. Then SRB2 would be "Uber Cool".

• Make the armageddon shield, the electric shield and the invincibility monitors to be disabled by default in matchs, and limit their amount of respawn that can be set. Whoever gets those monitors gets extremely overpowered (specially the electric shield).
  • Impose a minimum time for item respawn. Right now you can set it to 0 and items will respawn as soon as you get them. This makes it extremely easy to get a huge amount of rings (and in fact this is a major problem with weapon rings) and every time you hit a monitor you're rewarded several items (and most likely one of them is the teleport monitor).

EDIT: typo >_>

In-game microphone support for communication in multiplayer? It is a standard feature of a lot of first-person shooters and would fit SRB2 nicely. It would also be easier than having to host a separate Teamspeak/Ventrillo server and get the entire netgame to use it.

Also could have a set of voice macros for each character with basic commands/messages that can be relayed to teammates. For instance: "Cover me!", "Flag down!", etc.

InstantSonic would be the prime candidate for recording these in my humble opinion.

This suggestion stems from my current addiction to Team Fortress 2's teamplay and my desire for SRB2's multiplayer modes to become more comparable in that fashion. Its difficult to communicate with your team via typing and shoot opponents or capture the flag at the same time.

Save the Discussion for the Discussion topic please!

My suggestions for today:

1. Bumpers. Like the ones in Sonic 3's special stages, and Carnival Night Zone.

2. Pose sprites for when you finish a level, just before the scores come. This should be optional for custom characters, so you don't have to put in extra work just to get your character working right if this idea is used.

I would like to suggest a blank HUD sprite(s), along with a number/set of numbers that is unused. I would also like a "Linedef Executor - Add Floor to Custom HUD", which would use the floor height as a value to add to the custom HUD value, with negative numbers subtracting, and using the X offset to determine which number if more than one are available. And also a "Linedef Executor - Set Custom HUD to Floor". Self explainatory if you read the description of the other one. Maximums, minimums, and positions of the custom HUD would be set with SOCs, and the HUD sprite would be an image in the WAD, preferably CUSTHUD1, CUSTHUD2, and so forth for however many there are.

Id Really like to see a linedef action that triggers crushers (Or pits) when you step on them. It would be perfect for THZ2.

A FOF intangible from top? That would do quite well for the elevator example and also could be used for other things too.

I do know that 1.1 is going to have 2D-to-3D switching while inside levels.
How about making a set of linedef executors/FOFs that only work in 2D mode and the same thing for 3D mode?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back