Suggestions

The option to swim perhaps it would be a good suggestion.
If you are talking about the ability to swim, it's already there. In fact, there are a few character wads that uses that ability (2 iirc). Only problem is that the ability is super buggy and hard to work with.

If you are talking about the ability to swim, it's already there. In fact, there are a few character wads that uses that ability (2 iirc). Only problem is that the ability is super buggy and hard to work with.

Yes, I think the ability 7, but it could place in all the characters, perhaps jumping and pressing spin.

You realise Deep Sea Zone would have to be remade completely to fit with that being available for all characters, right? It's not going to happen.

Though for that matter, SRB1 (not the remake) originally had Sonic and Knuckles being able to swim in water I think? I haven't played it enough to know really.

16bby3a.jpg

I am not sure if you would call that "swimming" (He only has that one frame while in that swimming mode). Knuckles was the only one that could "swim".

At one point I wanted to make Knuckles transform to SRB1 sprite Knuckles by touching a bubble right before the water area like in Yoshi's island, but since I don't know how to code such a thing, it didn't happen. Maybe the idea was too silly anyway. :)

Last edited:
I understand, it would be difficult same. We are going then to other. Could do in the team match other type of colors, not only blue and red. To place an orange or yellow, who knows?

I have an idea about DELFILE, what if it simply removed all files from the game, and then reloaded all the files that are essential to srb2?

I believe SRB2 would literally need to reload the exe itself for that unless it somehow rendered a black screen for the time it's loading everything or something.

Srb2v2.1 Lua Dreamcast support?

If it's not to late..
I Suggest using Lua 5.0 for anything lua you're going to add to the Game.
For in the future, if Srb2 will still have Dreamcast Support (Also Psp)
You won't have to re-code your lua scripts.

I actually don't know if there's a simple fix to this or if anyone has done this yet, But is there any way to add new colors for you to choose from?

I mean, It's not like the colors we already have aren't enough.
I just think there's a few colors we could build on to open up more to the character coloring.
Maybe add like a shading system?
How could I explain it...
Kind of like how there's voice options in a game, and once you choose the voice you can change the pitch? Would there be a way to set up the color system so that you could choose like, say blue, and then change it between either light blue or dark blue?

However, I don't know how much of a "suggestion" this is.
It's probably a stupid idea but I just thought I would share cause this is something I think would be pretty neat to have in SRB2.

I think that would be pretty kickass, actually. Hell, just having black as a changable color for characters would be awesome. Because that'd allow people to make characters like Shadow better. Or characters that SHOULD start black. Derp. Every color from CB should be featured in 2.1 to be honest. :P

I think that would be pretty kickass, actually. Hell, just having black as a changable color for characters would be awesome. Because that'd allow people to make characters like Shadow better. Or characters that SHOULD start black. Derp. Every color from CB should be featured in 2.1 to be honest. :P

YES, FINALLY SOMEBODY KNOW HOW I FEEL :'D

Anyways. It would be badass though :P

I got a few ideas for new weapons and such for Match/CTF/etc, mostly in regard to help balancing out the extreme overpowerness of the Rail Ring.

*Homing Ring: a ring with a very weak homing effect, has the same rate of fire as the Grenade, Bomb, and Rail rings.
*Air-Bomb Ring: Same as the Bomb Ring, except it detonates when it finds something within it's blast radius rather than coming into direct contact.
*Cloak Ring: When you use one, you will gain temporary 90% invisibility for 10 seconds and can then use standard Rings while it lasts (therefore you cannot cloak and snipe at the same time. In CTF, you cannot use this while holding the Flag.

I also had this idea for how players stealing freshly-dropped items could work: Opponents would be unable to steal your items until you touch the ground to give you a chance of gathering some of your supplies before you start fighting back (you still cannot collect your opponent's Flag in CTF while being temporally invincible).

If you have any objections or improvements to these ideas, feel free to share your opinions.

[...], mostly in regard to help balancing out the extreme overpowerness of the Rail Ring.

It was quite hard for me not to stop reading at that point. ;-)

*Homing Ring: a ring with a very weak homing effect, has the same rate of fire as the Grenade, Bomb, and Rail rings.
What is "a very weak homing effect" here? As LightspeedX pointed out, we already had a homing ring in previous versions.* If the homing effect is too strong and the ring flies fast enough, it's probably overpowered; if the homing effect is too weak, the whole weapon is useless. The idea of a homing ring itself doesn't seem to be bad, but it mainly seems to "fix" the "problem" that a player who is bad at aiming will miss often. Why would we want to "fix" that?

*Air-Bomb Ring: Same as the Bomb Ring, except it detonates when it finds something within it's blast radius rather than coming into direct contact.
So that's basically a bomb ring for people who are unable to use a bomb ring correctly. Are you sure that you are actually talking about "balancing" here?

*Cloak Ring: When you use one, you will gain temporary 90% invisibility for 10 seconds and can then use standard Rings while it lasts (therefore you cannot cloak and snipe at the same time. In CTF, you cannot use this while holding the Flag.
That sounds like this .soc file's "Photon Shroud". Also, 10 seconds per cloak ring sound extremely overpowered (depends on the available ammo); outside of CTF, the only downside of this ring would be the inability to use weapon rings... Other problems that come to my mind are sounds created by the "invisible" player, and your own homing ring suggestion.

I also had this idea for how players stealing freshly-dropped items could work: Opponents would be unable to steal your items until you touch the ground to give you a chance of gathering some of your supplies before you start fighting back (you still cannot collect your opponent's Flag in CTF while being temporally invincible).
I think that the best protection against item dropping/stealing is a shield. That's one reason why shields are useful; why should this reason be removed/weakened?

*As far as I know/remember, the homing ring was nerfed before it was completely removed. Before nerfing, it was able to fly around corners and moved backwards to the enemy standing behind you, even if you shot it forwards. After nerfing, it crashed into corners instead, and shooting backwards was no longer possible. However, the homing ring was still overpowered - and the old match system allowed deadly combinations like Homing-Auto-Rail.

Last edited:
It was quite hard for me not to stop reading at that point. ;-)

What is "a very weak homing effect" here? As LightspeedX pointed out, we already had a homing ring in previous versions.* If the homing effect is too strong and the ring flies fast enough, it's probably overpowered; if the homing effect is too weak, the whole weapon is useless. The idea of a homing ring itself doesn't seem to be bad, but it mainly seems to "fix" the "problem" that a player who is bad at aiming will miss often. Why would we want to "fix" that? While it would fly at the same speed as other rings (perhaps just a hair bit slower) it would only work well on targets that are stationary or don't move a lot, and since most Railers tend to be stationary or slow-moving when they snipe, it almost seems logical.

So that's basically a bomb ring for people who are unable to use a bomb ring correctly. Are you sure that you are actually talking about "balancing" here? Often at times Railers will always camp at the highest possible foundation of land they can reach, and players trying to throw a Bomb Ring from a lower altitude would be much harder to hit since it's easy for the Railer to dodge the bomb. Grenades wouldn't work since they have a very short throwing distance.

That sounds like this .soc file's "Photon Shroud". Also, 10 seconds per cloak ring sound extremely overpowered (depends on the available ammo); outside of CTF, the only downside of this ring would be the inability to use weapon rings... Other problems that come to my mind are sounds created by the "invisible" player, and your own homing ring suggestion. This is not a 100% invisibility, you can still be seen, but only as a shadowy black figure that is 20% visible (80% invisible). The idea of only allowing clockers to sling normal Rings is to prevent the idea of "invisible Railers" who abuse both the cloak and the rail rings, or the cloak and any other form of "uber" weapon ring. You could only hold five Cloaks at a time (with one being added on each pickup), and after each use, you must wait five seconds before you can use another. Also, you would be silent while using the cloak, however any Rings that you toss would make a sound. Unlike the .soc you linked to, uncloaking would not make a sound.

I think that the best protection against item dropping/stealing is a shield. That's one reason why shields are useful; why should this reason be removed/weakened? Shield monitors are few and far between in matches, and by the time you reach one, another player will have very likely taken the shield for themselves. Some of them are in really ridiculous areas to reach and their hitboxes are so small that it's very easy to miss if you try to Thok/Glide or spindash into one. Sure there will be a new handicap in 2.1 that gives every player not in the lead a standard shield upon spawning, but in the case of trying to collect additional shields or a better shield.

That's my two cents.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back