Suggestions

A version of the Disco Eggman texture with him wearing his classic clothes.

danceclass.gif

Last edited:
I know I suggested this over irc, but I'm not sure if I ever said it in the topic, so here goes:

A new boss called the Disco Doctor, he'd attack you by using a disco ball like a mace, shooting records at you like sawblades, and various other disco-related attacks.

The use of rotating platforms, which I think would be especially appropriate in CEZ2's water-level changing room. I know it would look funny, but the moving platforms in ACZ worked just fine. Another way to achieve this (assuming the results wouldn't be too visually chunky) is to use a circular system of conveyor belts.

Also, a Christmas-themed GFZ that is playable on Christmas Eve and Christmas. Could feature slightly harder enemy formations, frozen ponds, minor level design changes, ect. After zone is completed, it's added permanently to the Secret Levels menu.

Last edited:
Code:
[00:34:36] <Senku> I mean you could make it so that a character (and only that character) could last longer underwater, or die instantly, fly forever (dunno if that's still in), or fly very a few short time without effecting everyone, and I know already this would be turned down for crap such as being overpowered and stuff, but it's an idea anyways, I mean you could even make a thing so that you can make walk frames be effected differently and such
[00:34:48] <Senku> Also I want what Blade just said too D:
[00:35:26] <Mystic> Senku, what I'm suggesting is simply having the custom character use a MAINCFG like anything else and describe the frame names directly
[00:35:49] <Senku> I'm gonna guess this completely, but pretty much a DECORATE?
[00:36:00] <Senku> Even though I have no clue what the crap it is
[00:36:18] <Mystic> runframe = C-F
[00:36:21] <Mystic> or something like that
[00:36:28] <Senku> But westill have a limit
[00:36:30] <Senku> *space
[00:36:40] <Senku> once we hit z
[00:36:42] <Mystic> that's solvable by changing it to use 2 characters
[00:36:43] <Senku> Then what?
[00:37:02] <Senku> So we'd have frames like SONAA?
[00:37:06] <Mystic> Exactly
[00:37:09] <Senku> Hmm
[00:37:10] <Mystic> Solves the whole problem
[00:37:27] <Senku> Lets see A-Z a-z a bunch of symbols...
[00:37:28] <Mystic> 36^2 frames seems like more than enough
[00:37:33] <Mystic> screw that
[00:37:35] * Pepe has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
[00:37:39] <Mystic> just A-Z, 0-9
[00:37:39] <Senku> Times 2...
[00:37:41] <Mystic> That's more than enough
[00:37:48] <Mystic> It's not times two
[00:37:51] <Mystic> It's squared
[00:38:10] <Senku> A-Z + a-z + 0-9
[00:38:17] <Senku> That there would be plenty
[00:38:29] <yoshibot> yay i can only go to 20% of imperishable night on normal
[00:38:31] * yoshibot suck! :D[00:38:35] <Senku> We'd have about....
[00:38:42] <Mystic> Are you seriously suggesting you'll use more than 1296? That's only using capital letters and numbers
[00:38:54] <Senku> You never know XD
[00:39:04] <Mystic> I do know
[00:39:04] <Senku> 1000 frame walking animation
[00:39:15] <Rob> That's not feasible.
[00:39:19] <Mystic> If anyone ever draws that many frames, I think we can take the time to give him a 3rd character.
[00:39:25] <Rob> 1296 is MORE than enough.
[00:39:46] <Senku> Gimme 20 years I'll have a smooth animation that takes 25 seconds to animation through a full cycle *shot*
[00:39:46] <Blade> Extra, optional poses please :<
[00:39:49] <Mystic> The advantage is that we'd no longer have to worry about lower case character in lump names
[00:39:55] <Blade> Like, a 3rd run animation
[00:40:01] <Senku> Walk, Jog, Run
[00:40:18] <Blade> Or a fourth, Peel-out
[00:40:24] <Senku> Sprint >>
[00:40:33] * Furyhunter is away: sleep
[00:40:38] <Blade> Spincharge
[00:40:49] <Blade> Spinrelease
[00:40:53] <Senku> Spin charge has been neglected for ages
[00:41:15] <Senku> Even a dust cloud would be nice
[00:41:23] <Blade> Skid frames, and sounds
[00:41:31] <Senku> Even if made out of particles or something
[00:41:37] <SonicFreak94> <Senku> Even a dust cloud would be nice <- Some sort of spinitem?
[00:41:37] <Blade> Character trailer
[00:41:42] <Senku> Skid frames, push frames
[00:41:47] <SonicFreak94> And didn't ShufflarB2 have spin particles?
[00:41:49] <Blade> For robot jets, and stuff
[00:42:06] <Senku> spinitem and spintrailitem
[00:42:12] <SonicFreak94> YES~
[00:42:14] <Senku> Or maybe revitem

I agree on Senku on this, but it also needs more angles.
For example, "PLAYA000" would be exactly the same as "PLAYA1",
and "PLAYA180" would be likewise for "PLAYA5".
However, if this style is used, it will round to the nearest angle.
Also, the limit would be 0-359

Last edited:
WombatLord person said:
Also, a Christmas-themed GFZ that is playable on Christmas Eve and Christmas. Could feature slightly harder enemy formations, frozen ponds, minor level design changes, ect. After zone is completed, it's added permanently to the Secret Levels menu.

This would be good actually, it would make Christmas mode a harder difficulty a bit and give a reason for those XMAS textures.

Damage effects based on player scaling in vs modes. If a smaller player attacks a larger one, the hit is treated the same way a Super character would take it - only partial ring loss, no flinching. Conversely, a larger player can instantly kill a smaller one by jumping or stepping on top of them, and in the rare event they manage a weapon ring hit, it too is counted as a suddendeath-esque kill.

Scaling weapon ring shots in sprite and hitbox size according to the scale of the player would be a bonus, if it's not already done.

Make puzzles in the new SP levels clear themselves automatically in Race, like THZ2 does and the old CEZs did.

EDIT: Maybe I was a bit too succinct. Puzzles (read: closed paths) should be cleared automatically when either:

a) It's the only path through the level. Which means all the players need to go through it, and as such, the leading player is always the one hampered by the puzzle.

b) It's currently a path that is slower than the remaining paths in the level. This promotes the search for different viable strategies by the players.

Here are some off the top of my head:

Deep Sea 1:

• The gargoyle path. Open all the doors and suddenly falling down from the better paths doesn't mean you've already lost.

Deep Sea 2:

• The rising water room. It's a major race breaker because any players following the lead have to go back up the whole slide and go back down. If it were already filled by the time the players got there, it would be fair for everyone.

Castle Eggman 1:

• The swinging gate and slowly lowering wooden door at the end of the stage. Only slows down the leading player.

Castle Eggman 2:

• The large door right at the start. Sure, it cuts off an interesting part of the level, but as it is, everybody waits at the start for the better player to make it through and open it. Torgo's idea is better. Make the door remain closed in Race.
  • The door in the turret room. You needn't kill off the turret, just have the door be opened already.
  • The door in the gigantic cannon room. Ends in another "waiting for the door" predicament.

Red Volcano 1:

• The side hatch in the first room. Same idea as CEZ's doors.
  • The rising lava right at the start of the lower path. Make the button be pressed and the door opened immediately.

Egg Rock 2:

• The laser cage right at the start. Potential game breaker, even in Coop. Not sure how to actually fix it. Make it trigger only in Single Player.
  • The cylindrical room in the right path through which you go twice. The top doors should be open from the start, for a nifty potential Tails route.
  • The door to the turret room (the one you have to go out in space to open). It's a good shortcut once it's open.
  • The powered-down elevator. Needless sidequest. The zoom tube should be open from the start.
  • The wall which needs to be blown up by the powered-down cannon. Another needless sidequest.
  • The large door in the room with the disappearing-reappearing blocks, after the air vents. A needless mini-sidequest.
  • The Flying Battery miniboss. Doesn't need any justification, I think.

Last edited:
GFZ1 isnt fun because it takes 16 seconds. Could we at least have a COUPLE more seconds of length? =\
Greenflower Zone Act 1 is short and linear intentionally. There are multiple reasons why we keep it so small.

GFZ1 is essentially SRB2's "tutorial" level. The linearity makes it easier for newer players to figure out where they're going, as well as allowing them to familiarize themselves with the controls in a simple area with no real complexity. When new with the controls in SRB2, GFZ1 feels huge and has a ton of little things for the player to do, such as get on top of the island in the land with the house, and exploring the rooms of the stage. I have watched many players' first experience in GFZ1 and I know it performs this job very well, as most players take a couple minutes in GFZ1 figuring out what's going on.

Making it longer would also make it far more possible to get lost in the level, which isn't something we'd like to have happen in the first stage. Because it's such a linear level it makes it much easier on a new player by presenting clear direction and goals, such as crossing the bridge over the lake.

While yes, it can be beaten in 10 seconds, GFZ1 serves its purpose incredibly well and we would be foolish to dramatically revamp it.

I believe that is called Mouselook? I know it works for me.
I meant for the CFG in Doom Builder. Like, when you place, say, a Spike and you want it to be sideways on a wall that'll be next to the character, then you can do it. Or if you cant it in the corner of a room, that too. Or all around a circular area (FOF). :P

Timed scale. When you're in a certain sector you shrink/grow, and when you step out you have however many seconds to do whatever you need to do, and then you return to normal size. Also, if you're in a small place and you're small, you should die when you grow too big to fit.

Timed scale. When you're in a certain sector you shrink/grow, and when you step out you have however many seconds to do whatever you need to do, and then you return to normal size. Also, if you're in a small place and you're small, you should die when you grow too big to fit.

In other words, something like this.

Super peel-out for Sonic (from Sonic CD for those who don't know what I'm talking about)? That way you can get a boost AND control where Sonic is going, unlike spindash, where once you let go of the button he just goes forward with no control. This could be done where when the player is standing still, much like they need to do in order to begin spindashing, and to hold the spindash button and then while still holding that button down, the player can then hold up at the same time (they'd have to anyways to keep running afterwards) and then it will changed into a super peel out. I did the vice-versa in Sonic CD, changing the scenario of me charging a peel-out into charging a spindash, so that's where I got that idea.

Last edited:
Castle Eggman 2:

• The large door right at the start. Sure, it cuts off an interesting part of the level, but as it is, everybody waits at the start for the better player to make it through and open it.
I was actually thinking of having that door closed in race.

Egg Rock 2:

• The laser cage right at the start. Potential game breaker, even in Coop. Not sure how to actually fix it.
The laser cage will most likely be activated in Single Player mode only.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back