Suggestions

Yes it is. Gravity Boots. That's how Reverse Gravity works; Gravity Boots that don't turn off unless a sector makes them.

Gravity boots? Last time I checked Sonic didn't have gravity boots.

I still think recycle should keep your gravity the same.
Senku Niola said:
Ok I'll just go make Yellow Yellowness Zone then. :<

You still have the sparkles. But I agree, Srb2 should have more not less character things you can do. Who cares if some kid like his character to be the next Sonicoverdrive.wad? It is his character. I think the game should have as much possibility in a character as well...possible.

Gravity boots? Last time I checked Sonic didn't have gravity boots..

One of the new monitors is Gravity Boots. A linedef can give you a modified power-up, in this case an infinite time version of Gravity Boots, and that's what the game does.

It's yellow so you know EXACTLY who is Super when they turn super and can easily spot them and act accordingly (Auto/scatter them, run like hell, etc.). Yellow is the most noticeable color there is.

I said if superanims is on. I meant if it isn't, then it uses yellow, if it's on, you can use any colour. Because it uses superanims.

I said if superanims is on. I meant if it isn't, then it uses yellow, if it's on, you can use any colour. Because it uses superanims.

Not all superanims are that noticeable. Even so, it;s possible WITHOUT it. Just color the sprite what color you want.

...Unless you were stupid and made the sprite the same color as it's prefcolor, THEN you're screwed.

This was debated well before release.

Gravboots powerup is designed to be temporary, thus it's swapped with everything else.

Well then Twisted Terminal has an issue unless we add some springs or something to the ceiling that you normally don't access when upsidedown.

Not all superanims are that noticeable. Even so, it;s possible WITHOUT it. Just color the sprite what color you want.

...Unless you were stupid and made the sprite the same color as it's prefcolor, THEN you're screwed.

I love my ball.. I mean I love my non-yellow frames. :D

Only one problem with that. Spintrail. Thought of it? That's the main reason.

Well then Twisted Terminal has an issue unless we add some springs or something to the ceiling that you normally don't access when upsidedown.
Er, there are.

The biggest problem with twisted terminal is getting teleported into a zoom tube, but that can happen in numerous maps.

This is fixed in 2.0.5. Twisted terminal will have the glass FOFs as intangible. You will either fall into a death pit, or fall up in the sky where an instantkill FOF is placed (since there isn't a death pit for a ceiling).

Yay, cheap deaths.

How about we transfer player mobj's tracer info when it exists? Tons better idea. >_>;

Yay, cheap deaths.

How about we transfer player mobj's tracer info when it exists? Tons better idea. >_>;

But since things like this are cause by a TELEPORTER, wouldn't Torgo's mentioned method be an indirect telefrag?

Everything is better with telefrag.

EVERYTHING

There's always spinitem. Get creative with it so it works for all colors.

Supercolor is yellow. Spintrail won't work. It's the same as the one in game. Get me a super character with a spintrail that's different to the character's spintrail when they aren't super and I'll be proven wrong.

New level header parameters or map effects:

GlobalIllumination = #RRGGBBA
This can give a color map effect for whole map, indoor and outdoor rooms. Thus the level designer will no longer need to tag all sectors of a map with COLORMAP or FOG effect to create a morning affect or a metallurgic atmosphere, like in Vulcan Forge Zone (Mystic Realm).

(* outdoor room is where F_SKY1 is used as ceiling texture).

OpenAirIllumination = #RRGGBBA
Does the same, but for outdoor rooms only.

North = 0~360
This gives a North orientation for Mobj's shadow castings, if OpenGL returns.

Last edited:
North = 0~360
This gives a North orientation for Mobj's shadow castings, if OpenGL returns.
What? No, JTE's shadows don't move around because they don't know where "north" is (North is north, what are you talking about?), it's just that the sprite polygons are always facing the camera, and the shadows are all but a perpendicular polygon parallel to the floor. Plus, the sprite being displayed is drawn from the source mobj, so even if they had a fixed orientation somehow they'd still have the problem of incorrect perspective (for instance, if Sonic's shadow was cast off to the side, it would still look like it was being seen from behind), not to mention making the sprites look a lot flatter (since the lower edge of the shadow would extend below the sprite polygon).

In short, OGL shadows are generally dumb and shouldn't be implemented the way they are. If anything, they should just be a translucent circle directly beneath the mobj.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back