May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there some passage in the Bible about man not knowing when Jesus is supposed to return?

Yet another wonderful case of religious morons misinterpreting their own "sacred" scripture.
I wouldn't call that a misinterpretation. I'd call it a twisting. There is no fucking way anyone can misinterpret the Bible to mean this kind of stuff, ok? XD
Some of the books of the Bible, Revelation in particular, can be confusing, but no one logically thinking can honestly take it to mean something like that.

The thing is, Christians are Christians, and they were raised by their parents to be that way. You can't just simply tell them "the Bible is fake," of course they're going to disagree.

Cause everyone knows that kids are so concerned about thinking the exact way their parents do.
Oh wait, the average kid tries to not be like their parents.

This is some guy trying to make money off of the insecurities of other people.

Actually, he spent his entire retirement fund advertising.
Haha, he should have thought better before he made that investment. :p

But seriously, why do people think he's trying to make money off of it? You'd think someone that crazy could think of something better than that. The more probable reason is that this guy really believes, for whatever strange reasons, that it really will be the end of the world, and he wants to warn people. But, just because someone believes something with all their heart doesn't make it true. The guy is just throwing his retirement fund away for some stupid thing he should have thought about better than he did.

Like the SRB2 devs, he actually lost money.
TOTALLY made me laugh. :D

4. D00D64 created a topic related to RolePlaying.

Nevermind, you are definitely right, the end has come.

The Bible's meant to be the complete word of God, not a crossword puzzle. He got the dates by discovering some secret "code" apparently. That's where he's wrong, because the Bible's just what it is, the word of God. Secondly, the bible says multiple times NOT to predict the end or even try to, but this man completely disregards that and makes predictions that contradict it. Also, it's 2:14 New York time, which is when the earthquakes were supposed to start in New Zealand and... yeah, haven't heard of any earthquakes yet. Also, how come you guys are bashing the Bible, when it's this old dude who decided himself what the date was in the name of the bible?

He said the world would end in September 1994. I was born in September 1994. Damn, this guy came dangerously close to the truth!

In all seriousness, Australia and New Zealand are still fine, at least I've heard no reports about people being raptured there, and it's already past 6 p.m. Guess that means that a) this guys is talking shit or b) Australia is the land of the devil.

That guy who said this crap isn´t Christian. He´s just insane. How could he say something like that? To cause panic? People like that shouldn´t be allowed to talk publicly.

May I just note, the entire thing is one big con by Camping, people have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to him to do this campaign, bet only a portion of that is being used for advertising. It won't happen, then Camping will pretend it did, or make up some other stupid excuse, he'll probably chalk missing person reports up to this, etc. Oh, and guys, if you know anyone that believes in this, offer to tend to their pets, as a lot of people are euthanising their animals as 'pets have no souls and therefore won't be raptured'.

Alternatively, he misinterpreted it and it's Raptored not Raptured, in which case I will keep one as a pet, buy a jetpack and teach it to hold scissors. (NSF whiners who don't like bad words).

The Bible's meant to be the complete word of God, not a crossword puzzle. He got the dates by discovering some secret "code" apparently.

And then said new information was uncovered and that's why the date was wrong last time, because the Bible is still writing itself, right? =P

As a further note, people get 'raptured' today guys, but doomsday itself till October.

Last edited:
May I just note, the entire thing is one big con by Camping, people have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to him to do this campaign, bet only a portion of that is being used for advertising. It won't happen, then Camping will pretend it did, or make up some other stupid excuse, he'll probably chalk missing person reports up to this, etc. Oh, and guys, if you know anyone that believes in this, offer to tend to their pets, as a lot of people are euthanising their animals as 'pets have no souls and therefore won't be raptured'.
Wow. I don't even know what to add here. But then again, when it comes to a book that advocates slavery and knows basically human culture of its time that has long since been dead (and should remain dead for that matter), it's very hard to be surprised.

Is there any humane way that we can end all of this religious BS? I'm tired of all this fear-mongering that influences these people to fear all authority.

Really. This is ridiculous.

Is there any humane way that we can end all of this religious BS? I'm tired of all this fear-mongering that influences these people to fear all authority.

BS, religious or not, ain't gonna end unless we kill all the stupid people or put them in jail. And frankly, we can't do that because there's a thing called human rights.

BS, religious or not, ain't gonna end unless we kill all the stupid people or put them in jail. And frankly, we can't do that because there's a thing called human rights.

And besides, more stupid people will end up being produced in the future anyway, right? =P

Well, 6pm in England. The apcoalypse has started and there's earthquakes and zombies everywhere. Mephistopheles is doing a tap dance with Inuyasha and Mystic on top of my house as well.

Guess I should have repented for my sins a little earlier I suppose. Oh well.

Oh, and guys, if you know anyone that believes in this, offer to tend to their pets, as a lot of people are euthanising their animals as 'pets have no souls and therefore won't be raptured'.

Man, to see the look on their faces when there's no rapture...

Last edited:
This is the biggest scam ever. It's not gonna happen. Everyone knows that.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Besides, it's 8:36 pm in England and my friends are still alive there. It's just a bunch of horseshit.

Wow. I don't even know what to add here. But then again, when it comes to a book that advocates slavery and knows basically human culture of its time that has long since been dead (and should remain dead for that matter), it's very hard to be surprised.

The bible does not condone all forms of slavery, but it did show how masters where to treat slaves. It condemns the type of slavery that happened in Africa in the 19th century, “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16).

The Bible often approaches fixing issues from the inside out. It is important to note that the purpose of the Bible isn't to reform society, but rather to point the way of salvation. The Old testament law is meant to be a mirror showing how we cannot be good by our own works. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). A true Christian is a person who puts his faith in Jesus as Lord and savior. By Jesus' death and resurrection is made right with God. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23) I plan to go into this in much more in detail in a Colosseum topic, where it probably belongs.

I am also tired of people who misrepresent Christianity with teachings like this. What happens is that people no longer trust the message because of a man who didn't practice it in truth. I hope that I too would be able to represent Christ in a true way.

Oh don't worry, nothing's happened here. And like I said, as far as I know, the apocalyptic stuff happens between now and October (when God will destroy the planet of course) so you won't die today.

Besides, I want to live to see the next episode of Doctor Who. In other news, I lol'd at that video Autosaver.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't say nobody's going to DIE... People die every day. You can go out to get the mail and get blown up by a stick of dynamite in a box.

I just can't wait for the incredibly embarrassing interviews after this. It's not like doomsday predictions haven't had a 100% failure rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back