What's your favorite character theme from the Adventure series.

Noxious

The Adventure series is full of good character themes that each reflect on the said character's personality, whether it be from having a heart of gold, to having the master plan. My favorites of the pick has to be Sonic's theme (It doesn't matter) in both SA1 and SA2, Shadow's theme (Throw it All Away) in SA2, and Gamma's theme (Literally called Theme of E-102 Gamma) in SA1.

Which one is your favorite?

Last edited:
SA1: Open your heart, and... almost all the level themes.
SA2: Live and learn, Metal harbor, Green forest, City escape.
Shadow's theme: I AM ALL OF ME and ALL HAIL SHADOW.
Gamma's: what

Well I was talking about the character themes from the Adventure games but okay

An example of a character theme from the Adventure series is It doesn't Matter for Sonic

Also Gamma had a theme in SA1.

Okay, I know Knuckles' SA1 theme is a meme and all, but I actually unironically enjoy listening to it from time to time. It's got a good dose of funk and a crazy ass sax solo; even if you think the lyrics are corny or whatever, melodically it's actually pretty memorable. Honestly it deserves more respect than it gets IMO.

I think SA1's take on "It Doesn't Matter" was also more memorable than in SA2, if we're making comparisons. I think in a lot of situations SA2 really went out of its way to make characters' themes and stage bgms sound "distinct", tone-wise, but I also feel like they tend to get stale a lot more quickly as a result of trying to shoehorn those aesthetics. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but I think SA2 feels constrained by its music direction whereas SA1 is more "free-flowing" and suffers from less pretense, as parodoxical as it might seem at first.

Last edited:
My favorite is probably It Doesn't Matter, closely followed by Believe in myself. My third favorite is Gamma's theme. All the Heroes team themes come in a close fourth though.

SA1: Mine would be Open Your Heart and Unkown from M.E
SA2: It Doesn't Matter, Fly in the Freedom and Believe in Myself. Live and Learn is fine, but a bit overrated.
OPTIONAL: Heroes is What I'm Made of..

I want people to hear my sweet passion but the whole song and not just the chorus at the start bc it's a good song, but i still prefer it doesn't matter

For Adventure I think Gamma's theme is my favorite out of the 6.
Adventure 2 has one of my favorite vocal themes in general with it's rendition of It Doesn't Matter.

My favorite adventure character theme

Alright so my favorite adventure character theme is shadows I am all of me and before you ask the shadow the hedgehog game ran in the adventure engine but it had really good cutscenes and it had an abserd amount of endings.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back