• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UqDtL4Y.png

Shing! Sparkle sparkle.

Is it final? I need to know when it's locked so I can start reconverting all my textures (FUN)

So erm, do colors 252, 253, and 254 have anything special behind them? (Like for example, Full Bright?)
probably just extraneous pieces that wouldn't fit on the palette without making it look disorganized.

Is it final? I need to know when it's locked so I can start reconverting all my textures (FUN)

If anything changes now, it'll either be all the way back to 2.0's palette because nobody with any git skill cared enough to merge in the exe changes (that have been made already) required to prevent skincolours looking messy, or it'll be minor tone adjustments. Either way, you won't have anything significant to worry about if you start converting whilst keeping a copy of the old version.

So erm, do colors 252, 253, and 254 have anything special behind them? (Like for example, Full Bright?)

Some colour ranges are an odd number of colours, but the palette is best laid out such that the bulk of their range is even-length, with the spare endcaps going side by side with the otherwise extra 255.

Which, by the way, is no longer 247. Shocking, I know! Poor XWE, we hardly knew yxe.

EDIT: Here's something pretty useful. This is a visual representation of the "best fit" conversion we're doing to all existing SRB2 graphics that aren't getting revamped for 2.2. Hopefully this will make things easier for those who want to go ahead with conversion wayyyyy before release.

4cLXxn8.png

Last edited:
UqDtL4Y.png

Shing! Sparkle sparkle.

Finally, blue and red don't take up unnecessary space :D

I also like the new colors you added in with the free space hedging those colors made, and the new yellow we've got here.

There's a lot more I wanna say but it's gonna be excessive, so to sum it up:
good job

ShoddySnarlingCero.gif

Since a ton of kids seem to be discovering the new palette for the first time...

I hope said kids also had their eyes obliterated because mines just were by the beauty of some colors! I seriously love the last pink Tails (I assume it's the Rosy color) and also the purple color that Silver has.

Nice Silver and Blaze sprites there. Palette's looking good also. I like the shades of blue the Amy and Silver that are towards the end of the GIF have.

Can you show the new palette on Kilometers?

Man when I saw those shadow and blaze sprites I cringe so much. They're so fucking bad.

I know, but that doesn't make vanilla Tails any better.

I dunno man, I really like AJ's spritework.

On topic: For anyone trying to use the new palette early, you need changes to the game's source for it to work properly. Don't do it unless you know how to compile.

Can you guys stop crying about Kilometers everytime Tails is simply mentioned somewhere? I'll say it again, he's better but worse at the same time, and it's not what we want to have for an ideal Tails remake.

On topic, I'm personally very happy with the amount of skin colors we have. Every new color added just feels so appealing to me, that I can imagine myself easily unable to decide which one I'd like to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back