Thread: [Level Pack] Koopa Kavern Zone
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019   #3
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Oh wow, a full 3 act zone, how delightful!

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, so just a few quick thoughts as feedback:

* Remember to make enemies face where the player is supposed to come from
* Be careful with low light levels. Parts of your stage are dark enough that anyone with a bit of glare on their screen won't be able to see it at all.
* Some areas get a bit crampt, which you might want to think about in future levels. Remember, sonic and co can travel very far, very fast, and SRB2 is at its most fun when there's a sense of flow to your movement where you don't have to come to a complete stop.

Pairing a turret with the eggslimer was a cool idea: it's a creative and original approach to preventing the usual cheese strategy, but it also means you have to be mindful of your rebound when attacking eggman, and can even choose to bait the turret into shooting him instead! Very neat.

Making the arena such a large circle that it turns into a bit of a chase also makes the boss feel much different from its THZ counterpart, though I'm uncertain of how well that will play as knuckles, since he can't thok or spinfly to cut the RNG out of the situation. Spinjumping might be enough to deal with that though, and with the turret there you have to be mindful of when you charge one up, which sounds pretty cool in theory.

If you ever decide to add an egg capsule to the act 3 (just copy/paste it and the control sectors from a different map and adjust the heights with ++number, it's what everyone does), just be sure to set up something to kill the turret when the boss goes down.

All that said, Welcome to - oh, D00D beat me to the punch.

Suppose I should have expected that. :v
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 07-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.