View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011   #88
Gemini Spark
The EX version

YES! I have finally come out of the depths of netgaming with Aries a bunch to judge some levels! May-June 2011 OLDC, here I come!

Single Player

Sparkling Icecap by Thompson: 4/10
I was one of the people who got REALLY frustrated at the framerate lag issues, and the area with the rising orange slime instead of lava: not nice. Also, I got stuck on certain puzzle rooms for a while because I had no idea what to do. The gargoyle statue is misleading, by the way; you don't really move it to unlock anything, unless there's a secret I missed. The puzzles are deemed pretty clever, though, once you figure out how to do them. And the music is pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie.

White Mountain Zone by Kuba11: 0/10(DQ)
It gets a 0 simply from there being no exit, therefore being unplayable. And I thought the level would be longer than that, it was looking pretty good.

Flower Cave Zone by Miles Knuckles Power: 3/10
Not a good emerald hunt level. Its openness made it too easy to find the emeralds. Try again!

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 by blahblahbal: 2/10
Uh huh. I'm guessing speed runs by other players might have gone below 15 seconds? Yeah, too short of a single player level. Rush jobs are rushed.

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 by Blade: 8/10
My suggestion? Get to work on Acts 2 and 3 right away. If this level is any indication of what's to come, I'm sure we'll all be pleased.

Greenflower Sunset Zone by Fawfulfan: 6/10
Well, this one's OK. The change of color is intriguing, the scenery's good, and pretty much everything's simple. Not much to make it stand out, but it's decent.

Stronghold Forest Zone Act 1 by KOTE: 7/10
It was pretty interesting, especially with the new Badnik. I would like to know how to get to the two Extra Life Monitors and that Sonic character behind bars, it looks like a clever secret.

Waterway Ruin Act 1 by Chrome: 8/10(DQ)
It's really too bad this one's disqualified, I thought this was one of the best levels in Single Player.

Single Player Overall:
Quite a few good SP levels this time around. Thompson's level would have definitely scored higher if there wasn't framerate lag all over the place.

Match

Ponies Suck by Fawfulfan: 6/10
One of the more decent joke levels. I thought the REDWALL was done on purpose, mainly because it's sort of a standard for joke levels. Meh, didn't hurt much. The level was good regardless.

Flux Satellite Zone by 742mph: 2/10
Yeesh, I'm not a fan of the reversing gravity in the middle of the level, especially since I'm a Tails player who keeps changing gravities whenever I fly too high. Also, it's bland and none of the objects are deffed. Keep trying, tho.

Southern Sands Zone by akb778: 7/10
I kinda liked this one, mainly for being clever with the rail rings when you had an open level to deal with. They definitely weren't out in the open, that's for sure.

Frozen Tundra Zone by Chaos Zero 64: 7/10
You were pretty clever not to def the emeralds so we had to find them in the snow. That especially makes the white emerald nearly invisible. I wasn't a fan of the snow that made you walk slow, however. Stay on your toes in that one!

Aries City Zone by Aries: 0/10
How can I rate something I can't access? Sorry.

Match Overall:
Lots of clever little tricks here, that's for sure.

(I'm just going to post scores for CTF and Race so they at least count for the contest. Feedback may or may not come later.)

Capture the Flag

Majestic Grove Zone by Scizor 300: 4/10

Mystical Heights Zone by Metal Fighter: 6/10

Frozen Pass Zone by Kuba11: 7/10

Sylvan Shrine Zone by Spherallic: 5/10

Circuit

Croissant Mountain Zone by DOOD64: 1/10

Frozen Hall by Metal Fighter: 7/10

And there we go! Let's see if my scores shake things up.

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 07-22-2011 at 09:59 AM.