View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011   #85
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Single Player
Greenflower Sunset Zone by Fawfulfan - 7/10
I don't really have anything to say for this one.

Flower Cave Zone by Miles Knuckle Power - 3/10
Well, there have been worse entries...

Sparkling Icecap by Thompson - 7/10
Loved the visuals, puzzles, gimmicks (that ice slide man) and camera effects. Some of these things I didn't even know could be done in the SRB2 engine (such as the freezing river). Had a few HOMs but I didn't get much lag myself, even though I'm playing in Software. The lava slide at the end was poorly executed, and you shouldn't have had to tell the player what to do in that situation. It's also a bit long and you often spend too much time in one room.

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 by Blade - 8/10
I wasn't too impressed by my initial quick run with Tails, but I thought maybe I should give it another (few) shots as Sonic. Good thing I did, because I got to appreciate the stage and the clever design more. I like how there are heaps of intertwining paths, the way a good Sonic stage should be. The gravity snow was a little annoying (moreso as Tails) but allowed for some clever design gimmicks. The Pony music was NOT called for.

Stronghold Forest Zone Act 1 by KO.T.E - 9/10
I cringed when I saw the trampolines, until I saw how you were using them. Great job there. I'm going to admit, the random Pinkie Pie scared me because I thought i was was running straight into an enemy. What is she DOING there? I still don't see how people think poisonous mud makes any sense. I didn't even see the pit near the cannons because it was dark and blended in with the ground. The mud near Pinkie Pie is also slightly too deep so it's hard to get on top of the fallen bridge if you fall in. Despite these issues it was probably my favourite map this time around, so keep up the good work.

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 by blahblahbal - 5/10
Wow, that was short. The music doesn't fit either. The tall grass (...kelp) would look better as an unpegged texture.

Last edited by I'll Begin; 07-06-2011 at 09:01 AM.