View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011   #2
Bbop800
hey

Just gonna vote on single player maps, as always.

Single Player:

Greenflower Sunset Zone by Fawfulfan: 7/10

I'm quite a big fan of Tortured Planet, and you still continue to deliver in the quality of your levels. Which isn't really much of a surprise to me. :B
Well anyways on to the level. The level looks gorgeous, and is filled with content, which is what I like to see. The only real problem with it is that there's nothing special in the level that makes it really good. The level mostly consists of platforming and death pits. I wouldn't say it's the best level you've made, but it's certainly not a bad one compared to your other works.

Flower Cave Zone by Miles Knuckle Power: 4/10

Well, I haven't seen a single emerald hunting map since that (awful) SA2B mod. So it's kind of weird judging this. For starters, it's really small, and doesn't have much to offer in it whatsoever. I was able to finish the level in about a minute. Sure, you put in a bunch of your own enemies, but they just function like any other regular enemy. Nothing about the level is fun, really. It's just a small single-room cave that can be completed in no time. *yawn*

Sparkling Icecap by Thompson: 9/10

This is by far your best level. It was challenging, long, gimmicky, and just beautifully original. There were a couple of frame rate issues though (some of them were HUGE) and sometimes there is too much platforming in a single room. Which makes falling much more annoying, since you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN. Other than those issues, it was outstanding.

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 by Blade: 8/10

This one feels very similar to Thompson's level, odd.
The level itself if very enjoyable, with two custom enemies and a very polished feel to it. Good job.

Stronghold Forest Zone Act by KO.T.E: 7/10

This was definitely better than the original Stronghold Forest that you made. The camo-crawla is pretty cool, but it dashes at you WAY too often to the point where it's just annoying. The level design itself is good, but not necessarily great. It still felt like generic platforming, with little exceptions here and there. It's still better than the old SFZ though, which is good.

Oh, and the pony... just why?

White Mountain Zone by Kuba11: 6/10 DISQUALIFIED

EDIT: Okay, so apparently there is no exit sector at ALL. So I guess I'll just review this level from what I've seen.
The level itself is okay, but it mostly consists of a bunch of platforming and lava. It's VERY generic and feels kind of boring at times.

Waterway Ruin Zone Act 1 by Chrome: 7/10 DISQUALIFIED

Not bad at all. It's flows nicely for a water-themed level (HAH GET IT?). It has its own unique visual style and the music fits it nicely. It's quite a refreshing level, really. It's too bad the level doesn't start up as soon as you enter a new game. Derp.

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 by blahblahbal: 2/10

Um, what just happened? I jumped and thokked a few times and it was over in 30 seconds. Well that was quick and boring. Please make longer levels next time. :(

Overall the single player division turned out really good. It's nice to FINALLY see good levels here for once. :D

(Bbop800 received an infraction for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)

Add me on Steam!

Last edited by Bbop800; 07-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.