SRB2 Message Board

SRB2 Message Board (https://mb.srb2.org/index.php)
-   Software (2.1.X) (https://mb.srb2.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   SRB2 Doom Builder (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41066)

JJames19119 06-29-2006 08:07 AM

Okay, I just found one very bad bug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mes/aghwtf.png

That was after drawing the top right most sector. Note where the mouse pointer is...note only is it not in any sector at all but it's not even NEAR the offending sectors! What's worse...almost all of the sectors outside my thok barrier has incorrect sidedef references everywhere, often pointing to nonexistant sectors. Obviously it left things literally unfixable. (I'm so glad I put a large limit on the undos) I'm surprised DB was even capable of screwing up this badly. Proof that the screwy linedef reference bug still exists. :\

I have a copy of the offending wad where all you must do is draw the sector that caused the bug, if you would like it Ooga.

Flame 06-29-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJames19119
Okay, I just found one very bad bug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mes/aghwtf.png

That was after drawing the top right most sector. Note where the mouse pointer is...note only is it not in any sector at all but it's not even NEAR the offending sectors! What's worse...almost all of the sectors outside my thok barrier has incorrect sidedef references everywhere, often pointing to nonexistant sectors. Obviously it left things literally unfixable. (I'm so glad I put a large limit on the undos) I'm surprised DB was even capable of screwing up this badly. Proof that the screwy linedef reference bug still exists. :\

I have a copy of the offending wad where all you must do is draw the sector that caused the bug, if you would like it Ooga.

i also got this error JJames, but it was actually Inside the map, and when i went into 3d mode it showed that texture EVERYWHERE

BlazingPhoenix 06-29-2006 03:08 PM

That's the bug I was talking about JJames!
It was there last version and it's here this version!

Magma the Fox 06-30-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oogaland
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magma the Fox
Wah! I found a bug!
If you highlight a sector and then click the "FOF Setup" button,
it gives you an error message:

Code:

Runtime error '339':
Component 'COMDLG632.OGX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

I first thought this was just because I was highlighting multiple sectors, but I tried again, and it comes up for just 1 (one)! Am I missing something? I have r18...

COMDLG632.OCX? Are you sure it isn't COMDLG32.OCX? Why this is misbehaving, I don't know, but running the following at the command line might fix it:

Code:

regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

I know I'm gonna sound like a newb, but how do you access the command line?

Sonict 07-01-2006 12:37 AM

Another bug(s) for SRB2builder

Hi, Oogaland

1) I have found a bug in SRB2builder. If you select a different character other than Sonic (like Tails and Knuckles), when the game loads up, you are "Sonic" still.

2) When I have a manual resolution in the box (1280 x 768) and I select something like (640 x 400), it changes the box to that instead of disabling it. It does the same thing in (320 x 200). In "Default", it shows nothing but a box that is hard to tell if its disabled. In "Desktop Resolution", it shows (-1 x -1)

Thats all for now,

Sonict

JJames19119 07-01-2006 01:46 AM

Re: Another bug(s) for SRB2builder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonict
1) I have found a bug in SRB2builder. If you select a different character other than Sonic (like Tails and Knuckles), when the game loads up, you are "Sonic" still.

That's a bug in SRB2 itself, shown by the fact that autoexecs and launchers no longer change characters on boot either.

Oogaland 07-01-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

Start/Run will suffice for our purposes:

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/7162/run3qp.png

And I still haven't made a proper release of that IRC bugfix build from Thursday. I'll get around to that eventually.

Flame 07-01-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

And I still haven't made a proper release of that IRC bugfix build from Thursday. I'll get around to that eventually.

wait, thats the bugfix of the pointer being outside of sectors and sectors being highlighted, right?

Magma the Fox 07-01-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Start/Run will suffice for our purposes:

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/7162/run3qp.png

Thank you!
Keep up the good work. It's shaping out to be a great program.
PS. I like the splash screen :D

Oogaland 07-01-2006 10:05 PM

r19

New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s05698...r_srb2-r19.zip. Not much different from the IRC bugfix build. Here are the changes since r18:

Code:

! Selection count wasn't updated correctly when lassoing or inverting a selection.
! Partial regression of 30/03's mouse behaviour change.
! No default skin was selected.
! Drawing sectors in sectors mode could upset sector references.
! Default gametype wasn't remembered if specified when creating a map.
! Lassoing a selection didn't update the info bar.

Just bugfixes, but that was the purpose of this build, as I mentioned earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame_the_hedgehog
wait, thats the bugfix of the pointer being outside of sectors and sectors being highlighted, right?

Yes. What you describe is a symptom of the underlying problem, viz. that sector references were being altered when they ought not to have been.

BlazingPhoenix 07-02-2006 12:34 AM

YES! Thank you Ooga!

suggestion: add in the custom unlockable stuff so we can make them in the MAINCFG lump in DBSRB2.

Flame 07-02-2006 12:52 AM

i got a sugesstion, make a special help file for gametype's and make it so that when you do typeoflevel

you can do domething like typeoflevel = 4 + 8

and when you go back into the mainCFG it changes to 12 (For my example)
:D
something to make typeoflevel easier

JJames19119 07-02-2006 06:32 AM

You cannot create a new map after previously creating or opening another map due to Error 13; Type Mismatch

JJames19119 07-03-2006 05:58 AM

Sorry for the double post but the info bar STILL doesn't update correctly when you lasso selections.

Callum 07-03-2006 06:32 AM

Heheh, going from R12 to R19 is hard work, I'll figure it out though.

JJames19119 07-04-2006 12:44 AM

Drawing a sector completely around another one (for example, drawing a 640x640 sector around a 320x320 sector) will confuse DB when it opens up the sector properties upon drawing it; setting any settings in the properties that come up will set the properties for both sectors even though you never selected the inner sector and the properties will come up "blank" if the inner sector and the sector the drawn one was in were different.

The keyboard shortcut for Copy Linedef/Sector Properties doesn't appear to work...

Shuffle 07-04-2006 03:46 AM

You shouldn't be drawing a sector around another sector, anyways. That isn't how you're meant to wad.

Callum 07-04-2006 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuffle
You shouldn't be drawing a sector around another sector, anyways. That isn't how you're meant to wad.

God, ever heard of the all important Thok Barrier, Shuffle? O.o

Shuffle 07-04-2006 03:58 AM

Yeah, that's why you draw the thok barrier, THEN draw the level inside of it.

JJames19119 07-04-2006 04:07 AM

Quote:

Explain how you get a sector inside another without editing sidedef references then, because dragging a sector into another will just create more problems.

Shuffle 07-04-2006 04:22 AM

Draw the sector outside, then cut it and paste it inside the sector you want it in. But for putting a sector AROUND another sector, you've gotta make the sector, then cut the inside one out, and paste it back in. That should set the sidedefs to the right sector..

JJames19119 07-04-2006 04:28 AM

That's a tad too much work for something that should be able to be done in one stroke. :|

Callum 07-04-2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

No, I draw the level, THEN the Thok Barrier. My thok barriers aren't a simple square if they're not castle's in the sky-like areas.

Shuffle 07-04-2006 05:44 AM

I make my thok barrier square and then fit it to the level later :/.

Oogaland 07-04-2006 09:51 AM

Drawing sectors around other sectors is allowed. I don't normally have 'show sector properties on sector draw' turned on, which is probably why I hadn't noticed this problem before. I'll have a look at it.

The reason the 'copy properties' shortcut doesn't work is that, by default, Ctrl+Shift+C is also assigned to some obscure vertex operation whose exact nature I forget. Clearing this fixes the problem. I can't change the defaults without providing a Builder.cfg in the archive, which would cause more problems than it'd alleviate.

JJames19119 07-06-2006 01:53 AM

Instead of making two sectors for water, why not just put the colormap on the same sector as the water? I've done that plenty of times without any trouble. :\

I am talking about the FOF dialog of course... ^_^;

Blitzzo 07-06-2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCFreak
Quote:

No, I draw the level, THEN the Thok Barrier. My thok barriers aren't a simple square if they're not castle's in the sky-like areas.

Ever heard of vertex manipulation? It lets you shape the square thok barrier to wrap around the level once you're done making it.

Callum 07-06-2006 05:48 AM

Yes, but it's tedious work, though. :/

JJames19119 07-06-2006 05:50 AM

Despite the fact that I do the same thing, I actually agree with GCFreak.

Callum 07-06-2006 05:55 AM

And drawing one sector around the whole level and setting the textures in 3D Mode is alot easier than placing and moving Vertices, right?

JJames19119 07-06-2006 10:05 AM

Bug Report

Find Set of Identical Sectors doesn't appear to work on very large maps...

Also, while this is small and likely stupid, Find Map Errors will say "1 issues have been found" instead of "1 issue has been found" :P

BlazingPhoenix 07-07-2006 01:00 PM

Hey Ooga, I found an odd bug, when I tried to save my map with a colormap, it said "cannot save map, acces denied". What's the problem?

JJames19119 07-07-2006 01:04 PM

You need to set the wad's attributes to not include "Read Only" in Windows.

Flame 07-07-2006 02:20 PM

i got an error when making a map

when i was making one, i increased the size by 1000 units (i wanted to make a Huge map)

but then, it closed with an error saying: Overflow error

whats the problem with this?

Eryn 07-07-2006 04:12 PM

Not a bug. You just can't make stuff that big. You know those really big red lines on the grid? You should never even get close to them. You'll get an overflow error. Plus, it'll run like crap, especially for 56k'ers. Look at BSZ, for example. I mean, I can play it great, but most people will suffer some, if not major slowdown. And why? Because it's rather big, and it has lots and lots of things, and it's a NiGHTS level in general. Additionally, a giant level will take forever to load in DB(That ism if it doesn't give you an error), plus you won't be able to use 3D mode. So, yeah. You should probably stay away from making giant levels.

BlazingPhoenix 07-07-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJames19119
You need to set the wad's attributes to not include "Read Only" in Windows.

Read Only isn't checked.......

Shadow Hog 07-07-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboashura
Plus, it'll run like crap, especially for 56k'ers.

What if it's a single player map? Mmm? Not all maps are Match, and if they're not, modem speed doesn't mean anything.

JJames19119 07-08-2006 01:47 AM

SRB2DB doesn't list Rising Platforms as FOFs.

Suggestion: Keys that instantly change the angle of selected/highlighted things. Example: NumPad 8 would change the angle to North, NumPad 2 would change it to South and so on.

Starbuck 07-09-2006 04:47 AM

Fack. I just lost lots of progress because of 3D mode.

Bug: Go into Sector Draw mode in 3D mode. Now, press Esc. Runtime error 5, see?

Flame 07-09-2006 04:50 AM

i got an error, when you get to the screen of which map you want to open, an when you click cancel, if you click, the "create a new map" button, it'll give a error:

Error 13: while creating map: type mismatch