SRB2 Message Board

SRB2 Message Board (https://mb.srb2.org/index.php)
-   SRB2 Discussion (https://mb.srb2.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Suggestions (https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30800)

Ricardo 06-29-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer (Post 677779)
Actually they only last 5 seconds in space...

No, ErickTH is right. The space countdown time is actually 11.5 seconds. The numbers that appear on the screen do not represent how many seconds you have before drowning/asphyxiating.

Sky The Destroyer 06-29-2010 11:32 PM

Okay... and you mean he is wrong. He said 11 seconds.

Ricardo 06-30-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer (Post 677790)
Okay... and you mean he is wrong. He said 11 seconds.

Oh come on, let's not be finicky about it =P

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Here's a suggestion: make Linedef Type 6 have a linedef executor counterpart, so that way we can disable certain linedef effects in real time. I'm not sure if it would work out for all kinds of line types (FOFs come to mind), but at least it would grant us more freedom if for some reason we want to stop using a certain effect.

Fawfulfan 07-01-2010 12:36 PM

Here's something else: why do the character names at the bottom corner of the screen say "Sonic" and "Tails", but also "K.T.E."? If you say "K.T.E." in place of Knuckles, you might as well say "S.T.H." in place of Sonic, or even "M.T.P." instead of Tails. Or better yet, don't do any of it at all. Just say "Knuckles" instead of "K.T.E."

fickleheart 07-01-2010 01:42 PM

...Have you never played S3&K?

...If so, have you never bothered to look at that same hud element in that game?

Retroben 07-02-2010 02:27 AM

I know this is not a suggestion but when will the smooth slopes/ramps be implemented that were shown on the news page a long time ago.

Also I think the last special stage is way too hard,that last emerald is so damn hard to get.
/. .\
'^'

Well at least hard for using sonic,only because I keep f**king falling.

I was hoping that it could be replaced with one that isn't so ridiculously hard.

Miyosaki 07-02-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroben (Post 678186)
I know this is not a suggestion but when will the smooth slopes/ramps be implemented that were shown on the news page a long time ago.

Last time I checked, Slopes are Impossible/ Tedious to create as well as not so functional to begin with, I do, however believe someone was making some Psuedo Slopes. Out of curiosity though when did they speak of adding Slopes and Ramps?

fickleheart 07-02-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 2 (Post 678206)
Out of curiosity though when did they speak of adding Slopes and Ramps?

April Fools!

PHCC 07-03-2010 01:39 PM

Allow cheats off. So, the player wouldn't need to restart the game to join in a server.

Srb2kirbyo 07-03-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawfulfan (Post 678040)
Just say "Knuckles" instead of "K.T.E."

The classics, say K.T.E because Knuckles is too long. Srb2 emulates the classics so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroben (Post 678186)
Also I think the last special stage is way too hard,that last emerald is so damn hard to get.
/. .\
'^'

Well at least hard for using sonic,only because I keep f**king falling.

I was hoping that it could be replaced with one that isn't so ridiculously hard.

I heard it will be replace with something harder or as hard.
This has been mentioned many times but,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spazzo
We are not handing out Super Sonic on a silver plate

Just host a server and type map map56 and practice! That is what I did!


Quote:

Originally Posted by PHCC (Post 678410)
Allow cheats off. So, the player wouldn't need to restart the game to join in a server.

If I recall this is on purpose, If you turn cheats on it labels you/server has a cheater. Plus it is not that hard to restart.

Maybe we could have a "Rejoin" command to rejoin a server.

Retroben 07-04-2010 07:06 PM

Thanks for telling me the map number so I wouldn't have to needlessly search the maps until I found it. heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll yeeeeeeaaaaaah! I just officially got the 7th emerald! on my save.

Cinefast 07-05-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 2 (Post 678206)
Last time I checked, Slopes are Impossible/ Tedious to create as well as not so functional to begin with, I do, however believe someone was making some Psuedo Slopes. Out of curiosity though when did they speak of adding Slopes and Ramps?

It's not the implementation of slopes, that is comparatively simple, it's the fact that they will never be added to SRB2 trunk.

Ricardo 07-05-2010 11:35 PM

A new linedef executor trigger (or SOC action) based on the current grade of the player. The behavior could also allow to check if the grade is greater or less than a certain value.

Retroben 07-06-2010 12:38 AM

Anyone want to know how I beat that 7th special stage?

Chaos Knux 07-06-2010 12:53 AM

Don't fall.

Sky The Destroyer 07-06-2010 05:13 AM

A delfile command to remove files.

AlamGBC 07-06-2010 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer (Post 678717)
A delfile command to remove files.

there already is one but it is broken

Jeck Jims 07-06-2010 05:28 PM

A "reset" command that restarts the game without any mods or WADs. This would be helpfor for when you are kicked from a server for whatever reason and wish to rejoin or find a new one.

Fawfulfan 07-06-2010 05:37 PM

That is impossible, because there's no way for the game to restore sprites and textures that have potentially been overwritten by added WADs. They actually tried making something like this once, and more often than not it crashed the game.

I really want to see a new kind of linedef flag called "No Other". Basically, it means that the linedef will not function if the character is a skin other than Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles (or at least has an ability set different from those three). It would make it significantly easier to make levels which are more forgiving and flexible towards addon WADs, not to mention potentially enabling mapmakers to create interesting secret areas only accessible with addon characters. This might serve the additional purpose of making the creation of custom characters less pointless.

Here's another idea for a new linedef flag: "Split Thinkers". If it is checked on any linedefs whose effects use an advanced code thinker, like Floating, Bobbing FOFs, it would make the game generate separate thinkers for each instance of the FOF, rather than a communal thinker for all FOFs of the same tag. It might be a temporary fix for broken thinkers that behave differently when dealing with multiple instances of FOFs...or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about and that would be much harder than just fixing the bugs.

Ricardo 07-06-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawfulfan (Post 678770)
I really want to see a new kind of linedef flag called "No Other". Basically, it means that the linedef will not function if the character is a skin other than Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles (or at least has an ability set different from those three). It would make it significantly easier to make levels which are more forgiving and flexible towards addon WADs, not to mention potentially enabling mapmakers to create interesting secret areas only accessible with addon characters. This might serve the additional purpose of making the creation of custom characters less pointless.

There are some workarounds for that.

For the easiest scenario (a custom character with an ability not found on STK), all you need is 3 linedef triggers tagged to the same sector with LD307 (or the Each Time/Continuous alternatives), each one set with the respective ability of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

For the "completely different skin (ignoring abilities)" scenario you could try using the No Sonic, No Tails and No Knuckles flags to make something happen that disables the effect you want. A way to disable an effect would be by using LD409 or LD410 on a trigger sector. This only works on Single Player though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.