Your thoughts on Fancharacters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, how did I NOT post in this yet?

Well.. everyone knows most of my characters by now so let me get started on this.

Human:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Senku/Senku_Niola.jpg
Hedgehog:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Senku/Senku.jpg

Senku Niola: I've used him as a hedgehog in stuff I can edit only cause I'm not much of a human spriter, yet. The hedgey version may resemble Sonic, but he has NO relation to Sonic and Co. at all. I would LOVE to give away his story but I've been trying to find a way to use SRB2 to do all the stories which is such a pain, and plus I wanna finish my character wads first. As always we know he is a swordsman and wears metallic colored clothes.

Human:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Senya/Senya_Scan.jpg
Hedgehog:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Senya/Senyalikesreadingtoyaknow.png

Senya Niola: Also commonly seen as a hedgey, but is also human like Senku, we all know by now she is his sister. She kinda has ice powers I've been going on and off about, I MIGHT not have her keep them. Next she has a boomerang and a backpack filled with all sorts of junk (hammer space).

Human:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Nitemare/Nitemare_Scan.jpg
Hedgehog(Outdated pic):
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Senku/Drawings/Nitemare/NiteEdge.jpg

Nitemare Flame: Ok, now I know EVERYONE has been calling him a Shadow recolor, to an extent he may seem like it. Though, does Shadow live within the earth? Can he survive in boiling hot lava/magma? Does he throw fireballs? Most of all is Shadow human? I think not.

My other characters, since I haven't made wads of them I wont put info YET. Wait till then, I'm hoping to sprite all my characters as humans one of these years. Here's the other character's names at least.

Suchi-Rukara-Chan:

Suchi-Rukara-Kun:

Hanako ?????:

Vix ?????:

Draykon said:
I wish to remind you all that this is not a "post your fancharacters" topic, it's a topic for discussion regarding fancharacters.

Senky, you should know better! D:

And LightDasher, your character is still technically a recolor, as are most hedgehog fancharacters.

I still don't see why people feel a need to create fancharacters. I have so much more fun designing original characters without any sort of limitation, maintaining my own universe is far more fun than just having random hedgehogs. >_>

You'll start hating them for being recolors but...

Midnight the Aardvark:
A 13 year old black colored aardvark. He only saw Sonic when he acidentally messed up Moonlight's portal which sent him to Sonic's world.
He has no spikes, has rabbit ears, and has a grey shell on his back.

Moonlight the Vixen:
A 11 year old ivory colored vixen. He is as smart as Silver the Hedgehog.
He looks like Tails. His only difference is that he has no fuzzy belly and no front hair, so he's technically a recolor.

Smile the Butterfly:
A 10 year old butterfly. Midnight and Moonlight find her when they visit Pure Hill Zone (Sonic version of N:JoD's Pure Valley). She is in love with Moonlight. She has very long blond hair, has a white ballerina dress and has rainbow colored wings.

About them being recolors... Most fancharacters have a sad ending of becoming recolors, but be happy, I didn't make WADs of them.

Bouncy's story:

Bouncy was a hedgehog who wanted to reach high places. But he could not because he broke his leg when he bailed while he was skating. He tried making some springs that would support his weight, it supported his weight but it didn't make him go any higher. One day when he was ten, he was coming back from the store after he bought a game, but then his game fell in a hole, Bouncy saw a ladder down the hole and climbed down it. Bouncy couldn't see his game anywhere, he then finds a bottle of something, it said "Don't drink or else" Bouncy drunk it anyway but he didn't drink all of it, nothing changed. Suddenly the ladder up the hole was gone. How was he gonna get out. Then he accidentally poured it in to his back pack. Bouncy looked inside, it was lucky the only thing inside his bag was his springs. Bouncy wondered, then he put them on. He charged up his springs and blasted out the hole like a rocket. He was lucky to have landed on his feet.

God dammit, why the hell can't any of you listen?!

Draykon said:
I wish to remind you all that this is not a "post your fancharacters" topic, it's a topic for discussion regarding fancharacters.

Jazz said:
Literacy is good.

So read, read, read!

In my opinion, 60% of fancharacters are recolors, for example:
Flame the Hedgehog (OLD)
Super Mystic Sonic
Thunder the Fox
Tapika the Fox
Mystic Shadow
Blaze Hedgehog.

Though, there are original ones:
Flame the Hedgehog (NEW)
Zeshiro
Light Dasher (He came before Silver)
Human Senku
Human Senya
Human Nitemare

EDIT: Added the Human Senku, Senya and Nitemare.
EDIT 2: Took off Draykon.

srb20016.png

Obviously I have to fix a few things.

*cough* You are kinda forgetting someone on your original list Jacklekku. I know I have no wad of the real versions of my character, but they do exist as non-hedgehogs and stuff! >>

You guys crack me up!!!

I'm not posting my character because it would just be another dull recolour ( I am quite fond of it though)

LONG RANT BLABLABLABLAfnsadjwre grw

I pretty much agree with Draykon. Fancharacters are terrible. You're limiting yourself to somebody else's style (Hedgehogs in this case), and the end result would be the exact same character (Sonic) with a few extra spikes (Silver) or different colours (Shadow). They all say they are different, but the differences in design are so vague... That's why I actually hoped for blaze to have more protagonism. She was different.

Whatever, I think making your own characters is pretty much better, you're not limiting yourself. Quite an example of this would be Foster's. The guys who make it have no standarized design, all the characters in that show are different, and original.

Blue Warrior said:
God dammit, why the hell can't any of you listen?!

Draykon said:

I read it but I posted it here anyway.

light dasher said:
Well, my fan character isnt a recolour, and before someone says, OI BUT HE IS, HE'S A RECOLOUR OF SILVA, that's wrong, because i Made light dasher years before Sonic 360, so, he's a recolour of me =P
Yeah, but before he was a white Sonic, then when Nitro made his Silver sprite, you turned Light Dasher into a Silver with clothes.

Fancharacter

fancharacterbg8.png

this is m yfanchrector. hes the god who that created mobius. hes sonics father and shadows husband. he is 50% chaos emeralds 50% pure enrgy and 50% evil. he has a attack called Chaos destroys which is 54326 times more powerful than chaos spear and the genki dama.

I write FanFiction on www.fanfiction.net . my name on there's Hannyness - take a read if you're interested. Contains one fancharacter that my friend made up.
My Fanfiction

Oh and I have an array of fancharacters, my most same is Aztec the rabbit, who thinks Sonic is a legend and doesn't actually exist. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back