The NEW SRB2 site + MB + SRB2Live Site + YouSRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion for the new MB. Recreate all of the themes from this forum.

This is for people who can't cope with change.

I wouldn't like the move honestly. Mainly because I dislike the fact that Cueball is trying to make us go onto a new forum for 'SRB2Live', [the mod] which I do llike, but doesn't need the WHOLE SRB2MB to move over to it. Moreover I've noticed that vactual.net is actually SLOWER than sepwich, which I also don't like. What the hell? :/

Maybe it's temporary, like Sepwich. But if it's really slow, then forget it.

Also, if Cueball had the idea to move, and if he did a lot of work on it, then he probably might become an Admin, Mod, or Staff. I wouldn't really know if it's good or bad.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I wouldn't like the move honestly. Mainly because I dislike the fact that Cueball is trying to make us go onto a new forum for 'SRB2Live', [the mod] which I do llike, but doesn't need the WHOLE SRB2MB to move over to it.
That's only part of the reason. The other reason is for YouSRB2.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Moreover I've noticed that vactual.net is actually SLOWER than sepwich, which I also don't like. What the hell? :/

Kill your torrents. I've noticed no such difference.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Maybe it's temporary, like Sepwich. But if it's really slow, then forget it.

Also, if Cueball had the idea to move, and if he did a lot of work on it, then he probably might become an Admin, Mod, or Staff. I wouldn't really know if it's good or bad.

Good thing...

I see no difference in speed, your internets just suck.

I probably will (to a certain extent) recreate the current themes as well.

jrose: I'm not using 3rd party software with my custom code, I'm completely against it. For one modding something you are very unfamiliar with is a nightmare, considering I know my code like the back of my hand, fixing errors is easy =P
The javascript spoiler tag I will add in too, but I plan on keeping it in and having a disable javascript button in a user's profile so if they have a (crappy) browser that doesn't like it, they can turn it off.

Sonic Shadow: Ew.

I promise you, once I have finished everything, you will wish you'd never gone against moving =P

I'm not keen on having a new forum, or anything else, as I'm sort of one of those people who can't cope with change, like I'll Begin said. Besides, do we really need all of these new things anyway?

Dark Warrior said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Moreover I've noticed that vactual.net is actually SLOWER than sepwich, which I also don't like. What the hell? :/

Kill your torrents. I've noticed no such difference.
Like I have ANY torrents running at all...
I haven't torrented something since last month.

It seems to be quite slow loading topics... does it actually have to be on a different host or can we keep all the new stuff on sepwich?

JEV3 said:
It seems to be quite slow loading topics... does it actually have to be on a different host or can we keep all the new stuff on sepwich?

Do you realise what thousands of queries to a remote host does to the bandwidth of a server? You really don't, trust me.

This is TOO Much I just got to liking this MB and hell if I'm moving anytime soon! Yes Srb2 Live seems fun but can't you just have the place linked to here where some of us like it?!

FSX said:
I like this idea...

...but let's put it on Sepwich.

Yeah... Sepwich would NOT be able to handle a site like this at all...
And Cue is right on the reasons why everything is loading slowly for you guys, cause the DB and the site are not currently on the same server and its calling everything up remotely...
I am not sure you guys realize how servers actually do WORK when it comes to PHP and DB coding.
Trust me, the server itself is fast as hell... I point you twards the Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series site to see the speed of the server itself.

And its not like everything is being gotten rid of... you should still have all the topics and posts and everything and will most likely not even need to reregister.
Its just a simple matter of transferring the DB over.

When it comes down to it, you'll end up having the same exact site, just better looking and more functions by the time of its release...

What Kroze said...

By the way, I really regret using divs instead of tables now, so if it screws up, it's me changing it all.

Off-topic: Guess where I got my avatar idea from :)

Garbage bin? Spam Thread? Kroze's Avatar?

I don't mind so long as the design is up to speed and its no worse than this. We don't really have to use all the extra stuff, but having it all in one place will be convenient.

I know I've asked this before but is the wiki going to be involved in this?

No. Aside from making a whole DB dump (something I don't know how to do at all), I'd rather not have to worry about any potential moving issues. It makes it easier for me to leave it on Sepwich. It'd have to be updated several times. Unless there's a reason based on functionality, I'd rather SRB2Wiki stay where it is.

If the wiki management ever did decide to move, there will always be a space at wiki.srb2.org for them (yes, sub-domains will work, no more forwarding srb2.org, now it's the actual domain!) but it's not up to me in the slightest, it's up to them.

Dark, on the subject of database dumps, PHPMyAdmin has an exporter built in, you just go to the database you want to dump and click export. Handy for making backups, unless one of the tables has a massive overhead (mentioning no names, SSNFAILS)

Cue said:
If the wiki management ever did decide to move, there will always be a space at wiki.srb2.org for them (yes, sub-domains will work, no more forwarding srb2.org, now it's the actual domain!) but it's not up to me in the slightest, it's up to them.

Them, at this point, is pretty much me. If it really is that easy to do a DB dump (and if you could guarantee that I'd lose nothing), then I would have no problems moving it, save that I do like having FTP access, and I'd really like to keep that, as well as giving Digi the access as well, as he is pretty much chief coder there, despite his not showing up for two months. I really wush he would show up though. I'd like his opinion on moving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back