The NEW SRB2 site + MB + SRB2Live Site + YouSRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Places the Crown of Pwnage on Cue's head*
All hail the King! *shot*
Nicely done. I await the Grand Migration.

Oh, also, the forums don't have page numbers. If you're looking for a level in the levels section, and it's on another page, you can't get to it.

Edit: What about our sigs?

Sonict said:
Hey Cueball61. I hope there will be an easy way to ban people and such. As long as it can log what we do and such, then I shouldn't have any problems with admininstrating the forum.

You mean a working strike system? Yeah, I plan to.

@Cheese
It's not finished yet, remember, you will notice that the Next and Last buttons are pushed downwards on the page bar, I plan on fixing that first.

THEN I'll put the page stuff on the other pages.

@CK
Yeah, you can start worshipping real soon, start now if you like, since Logan is delighted to discovered that I plan on taking the burden of the MS off of him and revamping it to integrate with the site via MySQL :3

Personally, while I like the IDEA of a combined site for everything, good LORD is that forum design bloated in space. I spent a lot of effort condensing everything on this forum trying to make sure as little screen space was wasted as possible.

WhatIsIt.png

I have to agree that this is not only currently pointless, but an INCREDIBLE waste of physical screen space. The AIM/e-mail icons below it are also incredibly space wasting. I doubt this thing is even VIEWABLE in 800x600. One-line posts should take up as close to 128 pixels as possible, and that's only because that's the maximum vertical size allowable in someone's avatar.

If its gotta be there (and probably will because of the merging with the SRB2Live features) then maybe it would be better off in the profile...

I like the idea of all the things being based on one site, and the SRB2Live idea is interesting despite the fact that I'm not quite sure how it will work. What you've showed us seems very incomplete though and all I can really gather is that you are going to be integrating the stats into the users display thing somehow and that it will have all the content this board has...

JEV3 said:
If its gotta be there (and probably will because of the merging with the SRB2Live features) then maybe it would be better off in the profile...

I disagree. It's fine where it is now. The real solution is to toggle the function in the profile field instead.

No, it's not. You could have a toggle to turn it ON, perhaps, but there is just no excuse to waste that kind of screen space on a one-line post. PHPBB2, while ugly as sin and hard to customize, at least has all the practical aspects down right.

Mystic said:
No, it's not. You could have a toggle to turn it ON, perhaps, but there is just no excuse to waste that kind of screen space on a one-line post.

Either on or off by default, as long as it's an option.
I personally like it this way, so as long as it's available, either way'd work.

It currently looks really out of place, whether or not that changes after it gets updated I'm not sure... But I have to agree that it looks more in the way at the moment than anything else. It looks like its 'pasted' onto the avatar section.

The way I see it, these actions need to take place regarding the board's layout:

- The gamercard needs to be made smaller and more compact, so that it's not wider than the rest of the content in the sidepane, and not tall enough to stretch the post's table length. It should also be redesigned to fit the board's style.

- The headers and columns of tables should all have borders and appropriate colors. It looks bad when the text is just floating over whichever location, placed on top of the page's background color (instead of a more appropriate body/header color)

- Rows are far, far too tall. On the single forum view, the board has rows 64 pixels tall, whereas our current board has them 32 pixels tall. Make the rows smaller. Far, far, far smaller until you are pressed for space (but still have a bit of padding so it doesn't look ugly). Also, borders are missing.

- Text looks out of place in general. It seems that certain pieces of text are wedged uncomfortably, lined up improperly with other elements. Others are just place wherever. Please reconsider where you're placing that text.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd start over on the entire layout. I can't really see the current one going anywhere good.

Mystic said:
No, it's not. You could have a toggle to turn it ON, perhaps, but there is just no excuse to waste that kind of screen space on a one-line post. PHPBB2, while ugly as sin and hard to customize, at least has all the practical aspects down right.

On and off? Will do.

I repeat on the design aspect, it will be altered when it's done, the current theme is a prototype of the final theme and I plan on letting Kroze loose on the stylesheets to see if he can make it look smexy.

In short, the design isn't final so stop going on about it.

The thing is, the design is the only thing we really can see about it. All the other cool features don't really matter much when just looking at it. So we look at it, and DAMN is it ugly, so that's what we comment on.

People can still make other suggestions though, I've already implemented numerous suggestions I never would have got if I didn't go making it public... :3

Have you even tried out MyBB, Sonic Shadow? It really is nice software. Version 1.4 once it comes out will really murder the other forum software.

Sonict said:
Have you even tried out MyBB, Sonic Shadow? It really is nice software. Version 1.4 once it comes out will really murder the other forum software.
Well, never heard of it. But Simple Machines is also very good, altough idk if it is free/opensource. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back