Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion!!

Some map header option to turn off the map function, It'd be useful for SP packs and "Hub" worlds.

Some map header option to turn off the map function
I assume you mean the console command, since the only other "map function" I know of is already disabled (unless you have DEVMODE activated).

To be honest, why bother? If the player cheats like that to skip ahead, they DESERVE to have the hampered gameplay they wind up with.

Blue Blur said:
I know this might sound stupid, but hear me out.

In the first Half Life and many games around that time period they had software modes that supported models.

Just a thought...

Please excuse the additional 2 year delay while I write SRB2 in Quake.

SSNTails said:
Please excuse the additional 2 year delay while I write SRB2 in Quake.
Exactly. You sure that's what you want, BB? I mean, Quake's a lot less easy to modify when it comes to custom items and the like. ;)

Mystic said:
Egg Palace? Egg Palace has no one-sided linedefs, so even though the player sees a wall, the renderer keeps going to the other side of the stage.
How about keeping the render from doing so?

Some guy2 said:
Mystic said:
Egg Palace? Egg Palace has no one-sided linedefs, so even though the player sees a wall, the renderer keeps going to the other side of the stage.
How about keeping the render from doing so?
We would have done that 7 years ago if we could. It's how the renderer works. Add one-sided linedefs into the walls. Look at any official stage to see how we do it =P

Now OpenGL is going insane on one of my computers. Everything is shaded blue and is really really slow. So not a single OpenGL program will work on it. :eek:

OpenGL is old and DirectX is relatively new. So OpenGL (talking about hardware acceleration only, software acceleration is fine) works with old cards only. Read from an article of 1999.

EDIT: stupid change from and to an. :P

I think he means old cards only support OpenGL, because I can guarantee you can buy a GeForce 7800 GTX and it'll still support OpenGL.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Last time I checked, DirectX looked alot prettier then OpenGL. So in SRB2, why is it the other way around? >.>
[Please forgive me for walking into the conversation mid-flow.]

Direct3D does indeed tend to look nicer than OpenGL, but SRB2 uses DirectDraw and its (well, DooM's) own 3D logic. That the Legacy folks managed to work OpenGL -- polygons and all -- into such a graphics engine is a minor miracle.

Doom 3 uses OpenGL, so I'm not too sure where the "prettier" is coming from...

OpenGL is an open and portable API, unlike Microsoft's DirectX, which only works under their operating systems that they choose to make it available on. You can use OpenGL in Windows, Linux, Unix, SunOS, game consoles, cell phones, etc.etc.etc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 13, Members: 0, Guests: 13)

Back