Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm thinking of ditching OGL in 1.09. Or at least I'd like to. Too many people would probably hate me for it.

ohsnap6or.gif

hotdog003 said:
Lemmeguess... OGL exclusive, no? If so, then you are seriously dissing the poor, lonesome player (a.k.a. me) who can't play in OGL because of older hardware. If that picture's real the way I think it is, then SRB2 will only work on the newer computers and not the older ones. One of the big reasons why I like this game so much is that it'll run on pretty much any machine regardless of hardware, but if you make some important things only avalable in OGL, then some people will not be able to use / see / play them, and if they're important to the gameplay, e.x. slopes, then the level may not be completable in software, thus making the game seriously unfun.

*coughcoughconfailscoughwhencoughplayerscoughplaycoughoglcoughvscoughsoftwarecoughcough*

Slopes and 3D for the good hardware is better than no slopes and no 3D at all. And I'm sure that many others could agree with me on this one. :?

Well, I don't know what happened while I was away for one and a half years, but OpenGL is now prone to crashing and sometimes weird slowdowns.

Not to mention the weird visual quirks. However, the ability to look straight up makes it worth it.

You'd know, AJ ^_~

*insert Sonikku cursing here*

You know, I've hardly had any problems that were OGL exclusive that were major. Maybe I'm just over-cautious.

Anyway, using/abusing the sector based echo scripts to make text appear in the center of the screen would be very useful. Just a thought...

How about a reason for collecting Emeralds as Knuckles & Tails?

Tails: Super Speed & extended flying, maybe.

Knuckles: Invincibility.

Super Sonic 2005 said:
How about a reason for collecting Emeralds as Knuckles & Tails?

Tails: Super Speed & extended flying, maybe.

Knuckles: Invincibility.

Tails never got extended flying in any of the games. It was always 8 seconds.

I know, but the actual flying in this is buggy, so it would help to have an extended flight feature.

Please keep OpenGL in 1.09. MD2 Model Support and Slopes would mean alot to me. Before MD2 Models and Slopes were only a dream, but now they can be a reality. Also I use OpenGL all the time for Srb2 and I never see any problems. Remember Zennode people!!! Dont forget it!!! If OpenGl was removed from 1.09, I would be greatly disappointed.

Well, then, the question would be, are we talking about OpenGL as it is in 1.08 when SSN acuses it of crashing randomly, or are we talkin' 1.09's OpenGL here? If 1.08, I disagree entirely; beyond the whole "level is brighter than it should be" visual goof, I honestly prefer it greatly to Software. If otherwise, then, weird, maybe include it anyway just to see if the effects are widespread.

akirahedgehog said:
Also I use OpenGL all the time for Srb2 and I never see any problems.
Remember those who cannot use OpenGL becuase of their bad computers? By limiting important aspects of the game only to people who care enough to spend large, vast amounts of money on better computers, in a way, would make the game less appealing to the members who cannot run OpenGL, so we may lose some community members, decreasing the number of people to netgame with and overall making the game unfun for everyone.

I say: Get it nailed (or try to) for software first, and then and only then put it into OGL.

I know this might sound stupid, but hear me out.

In the first Half Life and many games around that time period they had software modes that supported models.

Just a thought...

akirahedgehog said:
Please keep OpenGL in 1.09. MD2 Model Support and Slopes would mean alot to me.

MD2 is a lovely thing. Look at jDoom with jDRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 14, Members: 0, Guests: 14)

Back