Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everyone's said, it's a hoax, fake, etcetera. I planned all this out, so kill me if you will. This was actually a test of the SRB2MB to see if anyone would get it through the enormous amount of holes in the story. Cheese came very close to discovering it was a lie, but nobody got it. Flame and I planned most of this out after he saw my screenshots, and he saw a chance to advertise his EXE. Let me tell you how everything worked out.

Screenshot 1: It's just a shot of a wall with Sonic and the HUD pasted in.
Screenshot 2: I removed the lower textures and smoothed out the edges in MS Paint. I'm surprised you guys didn't stop me here, as there are still a fair few spots I missed.
Screenshot a la Flame: It's an OpenGL screenshot. We just edited it to make it look more Software-y.
EXE: It's just 1.09.4 with obscene WAD requirements; all the checksums are garbage.
And yes, I did release a fake slopetest.wad to hold off Cheese. Nothing special, only four sectors, but it had the 1.1 names and numbers.

As DW points out, there's no new palette in the images. I thought for sure people would discover we left out that crucial bit, but no, nobody checks the Wiki anymore. The whole of #SRB2Fun was watching this and laughing at you guys, so feel foolish. You've all been tricked by something that shouldn't have tricked you.

On the wiki, I did call bull**** on the "exe deleted hard drives" thing. Everthing else seemed legitimate to me. :S

So the plan was to launch this as soon as someone requested slopes again? Clever, But after seeing the Slopes of SkullTag and Foreverwood don't expect the request to die off.

We have been...

rickroll5.gif

Holy mother. I can't believe there's a leak of 1.1 :P I might give this a shot.

Edit: Is the exe working for you guys?, It seems that it won't let me run the beta for some reason, the one that was released on page 3 :/.

Well, here's my take on that screenshot:

srb20163ky2jn7.png

And, in order to this, numerour screenshots would have had to be cropped in order to get the correct resolution; or, perhaps, if this were done on a certain driver on a widescreeen monitor, you could use a rather unusual resolution, e.g 400x640, which would flip the image 90 degrees. This is what my laptop can do, with Intel's official drivers for it's integrated chipsets.

After that, all that would have to be done is the HUD and Sonic be pasted onto the image; a little editing is all it would take, especially in software and it's (rather lame looking, OGL FANBOY 4EVA) shading, and a completely transparent WAD with "invisible" sprites. I done this for Zeshiro once, the "cameraman.wad", which he used to "film" netgames (FRAPs), with a character that you were incapable of seeing. Also, in order to prevent cheating, edited the throwing so he could not throw rings. :P (throwobject or something?)

But, yeah. With right software (or hardware, possibly), and a little editing, it'd be possible to paste a hud onto a 90 degree flipped screenshot(s), as well as a Sonic sprite. Also brings me to say that it is probably why Sonic is shown jumping, to prevent any eagle-eye spotting any sort of error with him standing in the wrong place on the "floor".

Boinciel said:
<elaborate post explaining how we were fooled>

Okay, why did you hoax this? You got a lot of people's hopes up, and it seems kind of cruel to knock 'em down with "HEY GUYZ ITS A HOAX"

So, why?

ree-c said:
Well, here's my take on that screenshot:

srb20163ky2jn7.png

And, in order to this, numerour screenshots would have had to be cropped in order to get the correct resolution; or, perhaps, if this were done on a certain driver on a widescreeen monitor, you could use a rather unusual resolution, e.g 400x640, which would flip the image 90 degrees. This is what my laptop can do, with Intel's official drivers for it's integrated chipsets.

After that, all that would have to be done is the HUD and Sonic be pasted onto the image; a little editing is all it would take, especially in software and it's (rather lame looking, OGL FANBOY 4EVA) shading, and a completely transparent WAD with "invisible" sprites. I done this for Zeshiro once, the "cameraman.wad", which he used to "film" netgames (FRAPs), with a character that you were incapable of seeing. Also, in order to prevent cheating, edited the throwing so he could not throw rings. :P (throwobject or something?)

But, yeah. With right software (or hardware, possibly), and a little editing, it'd be possible to paste a hud onto a 90 degree flipped screenshot(s), as well as a Sonic sprite. Also brings me to say that it is probably why Sonic is shown jumping, to prevent any eagle-eye spotting any sort of error with him standing in the wrong place on the "floor".

Actually, it's much simpler than that. I got two screenshots. One in 1024x768, and one in 640x400. I deleted everything but Sonic and the HUD in the small one, flipped the large one 90 degrees, and pasted what remained of the small one onto it. Cropping what could be pruned, I had the shot down to 640x400. All this editing was done in MS Paint, by the way.

This is SO funny. Not only that people fell for this, but that someone would go ahead and make such a cliche fake. I myself was thinking that there was a chance this was real at first, but then after a discussion with Flame about DSZ, I figured out this was just a normal ol' hoax. I'm sort of getting tired of all these cliche "tests of the SRB2MB". It is just very... damn, for the lack of words, cliche. But, hey, it is still funny.

We have been rickroll'd... Down that slope

Boinciel said:
Cheese came very close to discovering it was a lie, but nobody got it.

Actually I did discover it before you gave me slopetest.wad. I downloaded Flames EXE, and ran it using SRB2's resources, and I renamed 3 of my wad files to dsz1.lvl dsz2.lvl and acz1.wad. Then played as tails, and of course, Tails running was exactly the same as 1.09.4. Also, long before that, I read Mystics comment in the version 1.1 talk page on the Wiki.

But really it must be true because....

It's a slope!!!!11!!!!1OnEe ONE!11!!!1!!!11!1! XD XD XD

So I wonder what Flame will give us at the new year.

Edit: For anyone who wants it, here's slopetest.wad:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dsonvi

Yeah.....not funny.

Why the hell do people play us for saps? If they do it again, I say us of the MB bomb their house or something.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
As for doing a fairly good job, Here's an early cristmas present for you:

Thank you thank you thank you I like Bunnies!!!

Yes random I know

Edit: This was all an evil hoax, jerks.
Edit 2: If it really exsists can I have the wad files needed to run the hoax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back