Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS

Anywho yeah, I fell for it.

I didn't even THINK that the 3rd shot was a Software shot, though. >_>

And, SSNTails put shadows in Software mode IIRC, and they aren't in any of the shots. ;)

Sykotic said:
Boinciel said:
<elaborate>

Okay, why did you hoax this? You got a lot of people's hopes up, and it seems kind of cruel to knock 'em down with "HEY GUYZ ITS A HOAX"

So, why?

Because we're cruel, sadistic monsters who get a thrill out of making you suffer. :)

And it relieves stress for me and Flame, believe me, editing the SRB2 source code is a very stressful past-time sometimes...

Okay, why did you hoax this? You got a lot of people's hopes up, and it seems kind of cruel to knock 'em down with "HEY GUYZ ITS A HOAX"

So, why?

As far as I can tell, that's sort of the point of a hoax. Otherwise, it's just a fake, which are just lame compared to hoaxes. D:

DDDD: Can't SRB2 roll me. Guys, think about it... Slopes aren't possible, but you can make it appear that they are there.

cueball61 said:
And it relieves stress for me and Flame, believe me, editing the SRB2 source code is a very stressful past-time sometimes...

That is SUCH a retarted reason. So your saying, I should give viruses to us all because a game pisses me off?

They like to laugh at our face. It's just a joke. A very cruel, badass, and sadistic joke, but it's still a joke. Everybody passes (EDIT) at least a moment in his/her life where you just want to fuck off the rest. As I said before, it's a joke, so calm down, it isn't the end of the world!
luis90 said:
DDDD: Can't SRB2 roll me. Guys, think about it... Slopes aren't possible, but you can make it appear that they are there.
They're possible, look at ZDoom and it's branches.

Chaos said:
cueball61 said:

That is SUCH a retarted reason. So your saying, I should give viruses to us all because a game pisses me off?

No, because that's illegal, what we were doing was a bit of harmless fun, stop comparing two completely different things. >_>

I have to admit, I was fooled pretty well. I guess it's becuase I, like a lot of people, want to see working slopes in SRB2. But now that I think about it, maybe there cool be a tool in the SRB2DB's next update that makes gradient floors similar to slopes.

Let's go bug Oogaland about it :D

luis90 said:

Yes it can! I have the old 1.09 or 1.08 or whatever SRB2 that has slopes, no lie. I made a few test maps myself, including a mini Xtreme test.

Sykotic said:
I have to admit, I was fooled pretty well. I guess it's becuase I, like a lot of people, want to see working slopes in SRB2. But now that I think about it, maybe there cool be a tool in the SRB2DB's next update that makes gradient floors similar to slopes.

Let's go bug Oogaland about it :D

Make closer inspections and it's already there. :P

I haven't bothered to read the entire topic, but I'm gunna be the asshole that I usually am, and confirm this as FAKE. Why? Well, y'know, perhaps those rickroll'd need to start rickrolling.

ownedou6.png

The image Flame posted was from SLOPEWIN.EXE, an old EXE that dates back to 1.09.2 that actually -had- genuine slopes. It's the only real screenshot out of any posted. However, those slopes were laggy, and only displayed in OGL (not to mention they didn't really work right). Flame just did GR_FILTERMODE LINEAR_NEAREST to cover that up. Slopes were actually included in a couple of 1.09 betas, but they would lag whenever you got near a spike sector, so the code was commented out.

There is no way that the Arias Brothers would be so stupid (this may be up for debate, but y'know) to expose the 1.1 source to normal users.

First Dark City Zone, then Sonic GL, now this. Sorry to the guys who materialized this prank, but I really couldn't hold it in much longer. You can all return to drooling over those 2 pixels of the new crawla sprite now.

Spazzo said:
There is no way that the Arias Brothers would be so stupid (this may be up for debate, but y'know) to expose the 1.1 source to normal users.

yes, I would

So what you just said is that the coding for slopes is there, but it's buggy and doesn't work right so the coding had to be turned into lines of comments for either later work or deletion.

csmgiw said:
Alam, I'm with Kay on this one, can I please have the same stuff he asked for?
Look on his webspace for srb2winbeta and you shall be victorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back