Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed!

Boinciel said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
Kaysakado said:
Boinciel said:
He quickly uploaded his find to SendSpace and posted it on IRC, where an unknown number of people clicked on it and got it. He quickly realized his mistake and used the file delete link, but it was too late. 1.1 was leaked.
So, can anyone who has the EXE reuplaod it?
Everyone who had it deleted it after the leak was found out.
Well, I know for sure that I deleted it as soon as I found out that there was a possibility of my folder being deleted. I did manage get another screenshot a couple of minutes before, however.
srb20167tl4.png

Yes, they have started to incorporate the slopes into the levels. It seems like they're going to replace the makeshift slopes before they go for renovating the level to include slopes in other places, though. It certainly gave me a higher framerate at this part of Greenflower Zone 2.
How was that hoaxed?

With skill. That's how. Also being stuck with MS Paint helps. See that Minvs in my Avytar? Made in MS Paint with the editing skills I've picked up being stuck with it.

Sky Ninja said:
How in hell could somebody do that in paint?
Well, first you need some canvas. You'll want oil-based paints, not watercolours. Oh, and a high-quality scanner.
But in all seriousness, having time spent at Sonic Vegemite under your belt really helps. They're mad about hoaxing there, and many of them don't have the really expensive/complicated photo editing tools you see around these days. Just good old Microsoft Paint. Their IRC channel happens to be on EsperNet if you need them, harboured in the #SonicVegemite channel.
Everything I do is with Microsoft Paint, and take a look at my works. They're not great, but they're not bad either. Despite the fact that my avatar is a recolour, it did take a lot of effort to create it. The line tool, colour picker, fill tool, and the select tool are your best friends. I stay away from the rest, as they don't give good effects. Spraypaint just plain sucks.

Minvs? Hahhaa, it's Minus. as in Mine-Us... No, I didn't choose the name...

I hope you guys know that slopes DO exist. Not in this topic, but in AntiPorcupine's topic. He was making slopes and stuff that have ramp physics and crap, but he never made progress in years.

This leaves just one question: Who is Eric Cart-*shot* but seriously, I have a question. Where'd you guys get that sound clip that was all like "Deathmatch! Deathmatch! *giggle* Oh, Deathmatch. Deathmatch. *pause, and then becomes aggresive* DEATHMATCH! DEATHMATCH!"

Kaysakado said:
This leaves just one question: Who is Eric Cart-*shot* but seriously, I have a question. Where'd you guys get that sound clip that was all like "Deathmatch! Deathmatch! *giggle* Oh, Deathmatch. Deathmatch. *pause, and then becomes aggresive* DEATHMATCH! DEATHMATCH!"

Instant recorded a load of Eggman and Sonic voices for me, he stuck that in the rar with them.

O.O That is VERY unusual for this. Maybe Fox deleted their files through getting their SRB2 files and them getting his... No critics on this idea please. (Did i just bump an old topic? Sorry if i did...)

There seriously is a way to have slopes in 1.09.4, but their OGL only, and don't have slope phyzicz:

Make stairs. Add a scenery thing. Set the scenery thing to use an MD2 model of a slope. KTHXBAI.

Thank god it all was a fake, so I can yet post that ridiculous WAD I made once with a fake slope in it and don't do ridiculous. How did I do? Very carefully, by altering the floor by ONE POINT each time... You can imagine it, really thin sectors, being very careful with texturing. And no lighting, so it doesn't make it look like stairs. A stupid WAD, but hey, it looked cool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back