Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed! (EXE leaked! Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well you can tell he's not lying. From looking at the slope at the end of GFZ2 upward. You can see the stairs, but downward, it looks like a slope. And if you look at the GFZ2 screen shot of that, he's looking upward. And if you're not convinced by that, just look at the first post, he's looking upward there too. Just go into GFZ2 and try it out yourself."

Yeah I just said I was convinced and that I should have fully read his post, and if you properly read the second part of my post you would've known I said they might've been testing to make a proper slop on that section of gfz2 and they did do that, then later when I realised I hadn't fully read the post, I realised completely that it was a slope, please read pur posts before you do.

And to think my going to the Doom Wiki and finding Foreverwood* triggered this series of events about talking about slops again.

[*Non-Doom Doom mod as thier wiki calls it as well as SRB2]

It comes with test levels. But it only allows you to play for 60 minutes. Then it asks for a password. I clicked cancel and it deleted its self. Now I can't find that link any more. You should have seen sonic slipping on a ice slope. I LMAO.

Edit: I just found out if I put anything as a password it would allowed me to play forever. Man, that sucks.

I also happened to be around at the time when Cueball was also giving out the EXE, surprisingly I managed to get the EXE before he deleted it.

I went through the files, found a SRB2 Doom Builder configuration file for the beta, all it said was the thing types that were needed to be used and nothing more. It appears placing a thing type anywhere inside a sector would cause it to instantly become a slope, where it would take calculations of the direction it's facing and the surrounding sectors. In the direction that it's facing, if it's angle points to a sector with a raised elevation, that would be the top-most point of the slope whereas the direction opposite of the thing type would be the bottom-most point.
srb20038.png

This actually took about an hour and a half to get working correctly, But god damn, they look awesome.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I also happened to be around at the time when Cueball was also giving out the EXE, surprisingly I managed to get the EXE before he deleted it.

Do you still have it?

Edit: Did I hear someone say unpack the files? Do you still have the file that the files were packed into?

Cool, I didn't know there was a configuration file hidden in there. All I did was unpack the files and run the beta EXE. Not sure if I'll be able to find the config file for myself in all my folder's clutter, though.

This confirms Doom Builder compatiably and a SRB2 Crhistmas version 1.1 update with slopes.

Sykotic said:
Question for Flame: Do you mind testing the slopes to see if you can still go up them if it's too steep?
I wish I could, but apparently upon starting to record this, my computer partialy freezes because my computer is crap and running low on virtual memory. I assume this is from the EXE because I noticed in my task manager it uses such a high proccessing power. Basically I had to end the proccess that I do onscreen recordings with. Sorry. :(

Re: Slopes in 1.1 Software confirmed!

Boinciel said:
However, something strange happened. Certain people's SRB2 folders started disappearing entirely when they performed certain tasks. Speculation that Sonic Team Junior was remotely triggering the EXEs to delete the folder they were in was abound. However, it was discovered that they performed this action only when the multiplayer menu was triggered. For this reason, there is currently no knowledge of what netplay will be like.

This isn't the first time. The old 1.09 leak also deleted a rather nice chunk of files just by closing the game. I found a way around it, though (found out what files it deleted and put it in a rar file lol), but yeah. I actually still have this.

Except... I don't have that funky 1.1 exe this time. The closest thing I have doesn't have slopes, but it does have a superior blockmap and a better software mode, which ARE new 1.1 things.

glaber said:
Better Software? How is it better?

The Wiki's 1.1 page said that opengl is no longer going to exist, didn't it? I'd imagine that they're doing everything in their power to make it best.

glaber said:
Better Software? How is it better?

Example.

srb20046.png

Also, I need to try this binary now.

Also, Flame, you dimwit. Kaysakado was the one who released my private hide and seek wad, he doesn't deserve this. :(

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Kaysakado said:
Question for Flame: Even though you hate me, do you mind giving me the EXE?
Yes, I do hate you, but you haven't been doing anthing bad for a while, plus you've been listening to one of my requests, as well as it is getting close to christmas, So I dont really hate you THAT much.

As for doing a fairly good job, Here's an early cristmas present for you:
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/srb2/srb211beta.exe

Be advised, you only asked for the EXE. That's my one good deed to the SRB2 community for christmas time. Come back around New Year's Day if you missed anything.
Well that was useless.
151793236943b1d83cb8debzx9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back