• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mighty the Armadillo Remake, New Beta WAD Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Dr.Pepper said:
1-7.gif
5-5.gif

Will have the rest done soon. :) Then to move on to the spring up frames...
Will you be making Ray afterwards? There's only been one ray wad made and it sucks...Anyway I like the sprites so far. They look more natural. Keep up the good work!
I agree. The only one existing is ViluVector's, and it's not even a real WAD. It's a 5 minute edit of Sonic. Plus, he doesn't even have decent falling or tailspickup frames. And he flies. He should be more of a glider.

Can't see how I missed Ray being mentioned. :P I'll give you guys a big fat no on that one, he only appeared in one arcade game that was exclusive to Japan, almost nobody knows who he is, and I absolutely don't care for the character at all, he's not very original.
Also, all of those old mounds of Sonic WADs are a lot harder to get now since they're not in the releases section anymore, and probably have expired DL links, so putting any of them in a server will just lock out new SRB2 players from connecting, which there are lots of. So the numbers pretty much don't count anymore.
The reason why I canned it before is because I was afraid the release topic would be filled with more posters who hated it simply because it was another Sonic WAD, even if it's quality was well above all the others in the past.
Now that I could make it in less time, I might consider doing it. Although the WAD will not be released here unless someone can give me a good reason to.

Hey guys said:
Private betas! Woo-hoo!
The WAD probably wouldn't have a WIP topic, so of course there would be private betas/alphas, I just have to get started on the WAD first! ^_^
That's still some miles down Yellow Brick'd Rd though, so we need to get back on topic, I'm way off schedule no thanks to the MS (possibly) acting up. >_<

*turns red* Must you do that? And now that you mention it, I'm behind on work myself, which means I'd better get stuff accomplished before I start at Pizza Hut again (would you believe that I walked in the door, asked for my job back, got it, and get to keep the seniority I had?)

You got the job and your seniority back? Man you're lucky. :)
Angelus_the_echidna said:
*turns red* Must you do that?
No, but it's a creative way to point out that everyone uses a theme different from the default ocean one. =P I use the evening theme. :)
Anyway, here's the running frames. Would've posted them sooner, but my connection's moving slower than dial-up right now, it makes me wanna scream.
5-7.gif
4-3.gif
3-3.gif
2-3.gif
1-7.gif

Senku Niola said:
Feet and legs are too far back.
Really? I didn't notice it until you guys pointed it out. I'll fix that later after I'm done with the hurt, pickup and spring up frames. After that, all that's left is falling and bubble breath! Expect an alpha release soon! ^_^

Dr.Pepper said:
You got the job and your seniority back? Man you're lucky. :)
Angelus_the_echidna said:
*turns red* Must you do that?
No, but it's a creative way to point out that everyone uses a theme different from the default ocean one. =P I use the evening theme. :)
Anyway, here's the running frames. Would've posted them sooner, but my connection's moving slower than dial-up right now, it makes me wanna scream.
5-7.gif
4-3.gif
3-3.gif
2-3.gif
1-7.gif

Nice, but on the front view running sorta make his head move so he doesnt look weird. Anyways guys what do you think about a voice for mighty to make him more unique??? Heres the link to hear his voice:
http://www.knuckleschaotix.info/char.html

Dr.Pepper said:

I'm sorry, I know Senku pointed this out earlier but it's strange looking at Mighty with that red sticking out right below his right cheek in that animation. Also it's kind of strange seeing that red dissapear and reappear, I'm assuming that's the shoe.

You should try getting rid of some red pixels.

Why does no one like Ray?
I've got Segasonic in my den it cost me pretty penny too get shiped here.
and people read the the comics.-=p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back